2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. I’ve watched him plenty for two years. He’s terrible. He’s big and has a big arm and that’s all anyone noticed when sizing him up as a recruit. He has zero accuracy, touch or instinct. I’d fucking barf if he came near a program I liked. 

The Clemson coaches realized prettt quickly after Klubnik got on campus that he wasn’t some instant star and needed a lot of work. That’s the only reason they stayed with DJU - they had no other option. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not sure where else to put this.  A bit of a WTF hire.  Isn't that pretty important position that needs coaching?

TBF, it's about time Carrington finally got a DB coaching job. He's put in too much work as non-position asst coach.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

TBF, it's about time Carrington finally got a DB coaching job. He's put in too much work as non-position asst coach.

Why? What are his qualifications? I don’t think he ever played football at a high level so why DBs specifically? Don’t they usually store those guys as RB coaches?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, immamac said:

You think DJU is that bad? 

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. I’ve watched him plenty for two years. He’s terrible. He’s big and has a big arm and that’s all anyone noticed when sizing him up as a recruit. He has zero accuracy, touch or instinct. I’d fucking barf if he came near a program I liked. 

The Clemson coaches realized prettt quickly after Klubnik got on campus that he wasn’t some instant star and needed a lot of work. That’s the only reason they stayed with DJU - they had no other option. 

My wife is a Clemson grad so I watch a lot of their games. I have to agree with CTJ on this one. I'm not sure I'm 100% certain Card is better than he is but I can't say it isn't true. DJ has had a much longer rope than Card ever did so his limitations are known. While I think Card might've helped us win one -- maybe two -- games that we lost this year due to Ewers' terribad-ness at times, I don't think he's all that great.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Yeah. Because that’s how the world works. The guys had put in his time at a well paying position for which he is qualified. Therefore he naturally deserves a shot at a well paying position where he is absolutely unqualified, because he’s “put in the work.” I believe that’s how we got stuck with jay valai. He’d just earned it as a private trainer, so Ash was obligated to give him a shot at Rutgers. 

Then again he’s fallen all the way up to like co-dc at OU, so maybe we’ll be looking at carrington the DC here in a few years. Or not.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Was Carrington particularly successful as a recruiter at TCU? I don't follow TCU recruiting close enough to know who they closed because of him. It's one thing to sell the Texas Longhorns. It's gonna be a lot harder to sell Arizona State to kids that care more "as much" about football as:

Pin on Sundevils

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 3

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah. Because that’s how the world works. The guys had put in his time at a well paying position for which he is qualified. Therefore he naturally deserves a shot at a well paying position where he is absolutely unqualified, because he’s “put in the work.” I believe that’s how we got stuck with jay valai. He’d just earned it as a private trainer, so Ash was obligated to give him a shot at Rutgers. 

Then again he’s fallen all the way up to like co-dc at OU, so maybe we’ll be looking at carrington the DC here in a few years. Or not.  

agreed.  The idea of Carrington as a position coach is hilarious.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not sure where else to put this.  A bit of a WTF hire.  Isn't that pretty important position that needs coaching?

hiring a guy who has never coached before at any level, and never even been an analyst on defense, as your CB coach is certainly a choice.

1 minute ago, someguy said:

agreed.  The idea of Carrington as a position coach is hilarious.  

i think you could stick him at RB coach and let it ride, but CB?!

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

hiring a guy who has never coached before at any level, and never even been an analyst on defense, as your CB coach is certainly a choice.

i think you could stick him at RB coach and let it ride, but CB?!

this is correct. You want to give a guy a shot, because you think he is a great recruiter. You give him the RB job, not one that requires a lot of technique. 

9 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

this is correct. You want to give a guy a shot, because you think he is a great recruiter. You give him the RB job, not one that requires a lot of technique. 

Yeah.  I don't think Brian Ward can make up the difference either.  They need a good secondary/S coach to help.

22 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Was Carrington particularly successful as a recruiter at TCU? I don't follow TCU recruiting close enough to know who they closed because of him. It's one thing to sell the Texas Longhorns. It's gonna be a lot harder to sell Arizona State to kids that care more "as much" about football as:

Pin on Sundevils

Pin on Sundevils

1 , 1 , 1 , 2 , 1 , 1 , 1

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

You anti-bruntite

No, I prefer them. 

I just prefer some pigment and if there is no pigment, then a spray-on tan will do.

That said, in ”A Beautiful Mind” game theory world, I will happily hop on that pasty brunette (with jugs) hand grenade.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I didn't watch much WV this season, but the little I did watch didn't make it seem like Daniels was their major issue. Is that not the case? 

Any time I saw WVU this year, there was at least one instance of him clearly sulking about the skill positions around him. Personality and leadership qualities aside, he's probably a good get but the whole package isn't great. 

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Between this and last offseason, Sparky is sitting at 26 transfers out. That is a roster rebuild and they're going to do it on the backs of underrecruited Texas kids. Samples and Carrington are smart hires for that reason. Bad placement for Carrington, but I'm sure he forced their hand. 

ASU is going to be a net-gain in the NIL landscape also.  Growing metro and economy, giant school.

2 minutes ago, JBJ said:

ASU is going to be a net-gain in the NIL landscape also.  Growing metro and economy, giant school.

Yeah but does that metro care about them? UH is a giant school in a huge metro and economy, but I don't think they are going to own the NIL landscape.

Edited by Valmy77