2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Here are the snap counts for aggy LB's this season.

White, Lee, and Harris are in the portal.  Cooper is a RS Soph, and Russell is a Sr. who can use a COVID year for one more season of eligibility.

image.png.7261a3539f79c8183191d4586d49e8b0.png

Are we sure that Edgerrin Cooper's dad isn't also Edgerrin?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

hiring a guy who has never coached before at any level, and never even been an analyst on defense, as your CB coach is certainly a choice.

i think you could stick him at RB coach and let it ride, but CB?!

I was on a flight from Phoenix to Houston back in October with the RB coach for ASU. He was on his way to Houston then over to Austin on a recruiting trip. Said he played WR at Wyoming. Nice guy, but you would sure wouldn't look at this 6' 2" Hispanic guy and think RB coach. Told him sorry the Sun Devils suck but sure was happy to have Bijan. I know, CSB.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

put back on the edge...

This kid looks like a stud. I have been lukewarm on some of FCS/G5 guys, they shine in their prospective collegiate level of play, but what's going to happen when they step up couple of levels. He had 3.5 sacks against Kansas, alone. That is more than anyone on Texas defense had all year except Overshown (4) and Sorrell (5.5). Would love for him to be a J. Ossai starter kit.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Between this and last offseason, Sparky is sitting at 26 transfers out. That is a roster rebuild and they're going to do it on the backs of underrecruited Texas kids. Samples and Carrington are smart hires for that reason. Bad placement for Carrington, but I'm sure he forced their hand. 

Is there not growing support of a new NCAA rule to allow analysts more hands-on coaching? If so, Carrington will get plenty of training from some retired position coach. If we are being honest, corner is one of the those positions where you either have the talent or you don't. Sure, there's coaching, but it's not rocket science. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. At a place like ASU, this isn't necessarily a bad move. It's a gamble, but you have to try something out of the box to turn that place around.

Just now, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not sure - but it should be noted that his QB hits and hurries increased from 2021 to 2022.  He was still a very impactful player even with the drop in sacks

He’ll fit in perfect with our defense. 

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Marion just started following ultra-productive WR Dante Cephas out of Kent St.  6'1" WR had 82 catches for 1240 yds and 9tds in 2021.  Georgia offered very recently.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/dante-cephas-1.html

Thinking out loud here, but I wonder if the thought process for the staff is to maybe take 1 receiver in this portal period, evaluate the position in the spring (see how Thompson, Red and Cook look and get a feel for if they will be ready to take on expanded roles. Not sure if Neyor will be far enough along to start practicing) and then grab another one in the May window if they feel it is necessary. 

If they are just taking one in this window, they should be super selective.

29 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

If we are being honest, corner is one of the those positions where you either have the talent or you don't. Sure, there's coaching, but it's not rocket science.

It's an extremely technical position.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Not to shit on yet another big name QB transfer, but JT Daniels is fucking terrible on every level. He’s even butt ugly. He has a terrible attitude. He bitches at his teammates regularly. He is always acting hurt. He can’t read defenses for shit and he has happy feet. He often goes through a crisis in confidence and then his play tumbles down.

I didn’t like this motherfucker when his name was Casey Thompson….

• Haha 4