2023 Transfer Thread - Texas Capitalized, ATM Victimized

closetojumping

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Numbers...     SIAP 😋

More have entered @South Austin’s mom’s portal.

13 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Nahlin says that Texas will be making an effort with WR Dorian Singer. 

Good. Thought the reason he went to Arizona lat year was because he has a kid back home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

Is there not growing support of a new NCAA rule to allow analysts more hands-on coaching? If so, Carrington will get plenty of training from some retired position coach. If we are being honest, corner is one of the those positions where you either have the talent or you don't. Sure, there's coaching, but it's not rocket science. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures. At a place like ASU, this isn't necessarily a bad move. It's a gamble, but you have to try something out of the box to turn that place around.

With all due respect. The top half of this is uninformed speculative garbage but the second half I don’t really disagree with. To clarify, Carrington went to usc for a few reasons, but mainly that he could be a position coach. Helton hired him and when that went south, took a “demotion” at TCU in his off field role. I’m sure that’s what it took to poach him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

With all due respect. The top half of this is uninformed speculative garbage but the second half I don’t really disagree with. To clarify, Carrington went to usc for a few reasons, but mainly that he could be a position coach. Helton hired him and when that went south, took a “demotion” at TCU in his off field role. I’m sure that’s what it took to poach him. 

It doesn't take much to fill in the blanks. Here's a link about unlimited coaches on the field.

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-ncaa-transformation-committee-could-eliminate-coaching-staff-caps

28 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Fuck this pussy for shitting on Texas. I hope his life pans out as well as his football career. 

Really? I never knew he talked bad about the program.  I was told he hated Herman but left because of injuries and a change of scenery because he was close to Jake and took his passing very hard.  

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Really? I never knew he talked bad about the program.  I was told he hated Herman but left because of injuries and a change of scenery because he was close to Jake and took his passing very hard.  

Maybe I’m out of the loop but I also was unaware that Jake talked bad about the program. Just seemed like he didn’t like Herman and didn’t want to be here. He’s a better player than some of the bread on our roster right now. Or at least he was at one point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Maybe switch it up and go back to lacrosse?

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Legit thought Jake Smith was already out of cfb. 

Would he be a good addition to the Quidditch team?

Maybe he’s interested in another tour of the 40 Acres. 

Mods: Please move to the Quidditch board if that’s the more appropriate home for this post.