2022 Houston Rockets Offseason Thread - Lottery, Lottery, Lottery

BigOrange1

On 8/9/2022 at 3:26 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

Nash and GM may ask to be fired after KD is traded and they have no foreseeable draft future. 

They either get back pieces to win now or draft capital to replace what they lost with him. 
I would guess if they move him and Kyrie they could either end up an uninteresting 7 seed type with a low ceiling or collect something like 8 or 10 future draft assets. 

46 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They either get back pieces to win now or draft capital to replace what they lost with him. 
I would guess if they move him and Kyrie they could either end up an uninteresting 7 seed type with a low ceiling or collect something like 8 or 10 future draft assets. 

So what they were without a healthy Durant and Kyrie, and before Harden destroyed their franchise. If they had just stood pat, they would be much better off. Well, at least kept Allen.

19 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So what they were without a healthy Durant and Kyrie, and before Harden destroyed their franchise. If they had just stood pat, they would be much better off. Well, at least kept Allen.

More or less. Which was why it always made sense for them to give it a shot imo. They weren’t going anywhere and had no future. Allen is nice but it’s not like he is a cornerstone. There is a reason the Rockets, in the beginnings of a rebuild- said thanks but no thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

yes and correct, wtf was he doing in a pro/am game ?

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Isn't that the same type of injury that ended Yao Ming's career? This is not good for Chet, but I do hope he makes a full recovery.

We should all be glad that he didn't end up on the Rockets. I don't get how people looked at him and didn't realize he was a glaring injury risk the way his body is constructed. 

On 8/25/2022 at 7:39 PM, UDontKnow said:

We should all be glad that he didn't end up on the Rockets. I don't get how people looked at him and didn't realize he was a glaring injury risk the way his body is constructed. 

Oh, I absolutely knew he was an injury risk, I just would have done it in a heartbeat as I think he has so much upside that you have to roll the dice on him.  
There's a timeline where this is actually good for them as he sits out, gets healthy and they get to tank another year and it's like adding in 2 top 5/top 10 picks.  

What’s their current win projection? I could see the Rockets winning around 25 games. 

Utah might be the worst team in the history of the NBA. We’ll need some luck to land Victor. 

I think they can win some games.

PG - *Conley
SG - Sexton
SF - THT
PF - *Bogdan
C - Kessler

Bench
Markkanen
*Clarkson
Alexander-Walker
Agbaji
Vanderbilt
Beasley
Johnson
*Gay

*probably traded

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 8:22 AM, TonyTexas said:

Pretty good first game for the rookies. 

Jabari Smith Jr.: 21 PTS, 8 REB, 5 3PM
Tari Eason: 21 PTS, 10 REB, 2 STL

Didn't even notice the preseason had started but yeah definitely a good look for them.

Not such a good look for the backcourt though....

6 of 21 shooting is not going to cut the mustard.