Texas @ UTRGV Game Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh come on. This guy isn't bad. Not a great voice but he's calling a good game. 

Is there a special ed broadcast that tracks the outs and count for me? 

“Listen to the roar of this crowd as he fields this first groundball!!” Was more than enough for me

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This game is a big deal down there, sold out almost immediately. UT’s first trip to the valley since the 70s. Pan Am was cold at baseball back in the day.  

https://www.thebaseballcube.com/content/college_history/20809/

1970’s were a great decade for Pan American baseball.  I was kid growing up down there and remember them being a big deal.   As Independent they were able to host a number of Big 10 and Big 8 schools in the earlier part of the season thanks to many of those schools still having to deal with cold, etc. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

“Listen to the roar of this crowd as he fields this first groundball!!” Was more than enough for me

He's a young dude cutting his teeth with UT in town. This is a really big deal for UTRGV. Biggest crowd of the year for them. 

Not knocking you - I mute games myself sometimes. Just saying - I've heard worse this year. 

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's a young dude cutting his teeth with UT in town. This is a really big deal for UTRGV. Biggest crowd of the year for them. 

Not knocking you - I mute games myself sometimes. Just saying - I've heard worse this year. 

I remember the Quinnipiac guys calling the regional game in Austin. That was both cool and amusing.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

ESPN+ stream is shit again.  Am I the only one that has this problem? I get audio, but it's frozen from the moment I start the stream.  Amazon Fire TV.

Working fine for me, maybe an occasional lag followed by a couple seconds of fast forward video to catch up. 

Old 1080p Roku 

Edited by Pato del Muerto