The Dallas Stars 2022 Playoffs Thread of Well Here We Go

Longhorn_Fan68

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we probably would have lost to the AVS in 4 but a combined score of 35-2 so there's that.

they can get back to Calgary for game 7 and hope Jake can stand his head for the full 60 plus whatever number of OT's it will take.

This  team(minus Jake) needs a fucking enema!

36 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

There is nothing to be upset about. We’re a huge underdog. We’ve got 1 great forward line and 3 below average lines below it. Joel Kiviranta not bringing enough is on Nill for roster construction, not on the player.   I’m just enjoying the ride. 

agreed except we don't have a great forward line.

this team has zero fucking puck control.  their offense is like watching girls 12u soccer.  kick it from your end as far as you can and see if someone blows an assignment.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

that first goal was just absolutely a disgrace.  2 defensemen tying each other up and a guy standing open between 2 other guys a foot away.

Well, that was Ryan Suter.

That is easily the worst signing of the Jim Nill era, and it's almost enough to get Nill fired.  I don't know all of the rules on that contract, but I don't think there's even any way for us to get rid of him.

Nill's contract is up after next season, I doubt he'll be around after that. Bowness will retire unless Stars find a way to recover real soon.  I do think this roster is built for a different style of play (obviously not working as is) and hoping the next coach can maximize it.

I couldn’t even discern a style of play last night. Were they trying to dump and forecheck because I didn’t see any of that really. Were they trying to carry the puck and maintain possession because I didn’t really see any of that either. Either they didn’t really have a game plan or the players didn’t execute it at all. That was a complete disgrace and they still somehow had a one goal lead into the 3rd period.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I couldn’t even discern a style of play last night. Were they trying to dump and forecheck because I didn’t see any of that really. Were they trying to carry the puck and maintain possession because I didn’t really see any of that either. Either they didn’t really have a game plan or the players didn’t execute it at all. That was a complete disgrace and they still somehow had a one goal lead into the 3rd period.

we are on the verge of wasting a helluva performance by our goalie.  maybe we can win Friday and see if Jake can shut them out again in game 7.