The Dallas Stars 2022 Playoffs Thread of Well Here We Go

Longhorn_Fan68

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I don't. We got outplayed and only lost 0-1. We got better as the 1st went along but it was clear losing Klinger threw everything off. I like our chances to steal one tomorrow and head home tied. 

I definitely don't feel like it's a lost cause either.

20 bucks a month anyone?

https://thestreamable.com/news/sinclair-announces-initial-pricing-for-bally-sports-dtc-streaming-app

The company announced that the plan was still to have a soft launch of the streamer this quarter and that it will cost $189.99 annually or $19.99 per month. Later during the company’s earnings call, CEO Chris Ripley referred to the upcoming service as “Bally Sports+.”

The service would allow fans access to stream NBA, NHL, and select MLB teams on their Bally Sports RSN in their local markets.

Currently, Bally Sports RSNs are only available to stream on DIRECTV STREAM as part of their $89.99 Choice Plan. Over the last two years, the channels were dropped by YouTube TV, Sling TV, Hulu, and fuboTV.

17 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

20 bucks a month anyone?

https://thestreamable.com/news/sinclair-announces-initial-pricing-for-bally-sports-dtc-streaming-app

The company announced that the plan was still to have a soft launch of the streamer this quarter and that it will cost $189.99 annually or $19.99 per month. Later during the company’s earnings call, CEO Chris Ripley referred to the upcoming service as “Bally Sports+.”

The service would allow fans access to stream NBA, NHL, and select MLB teams on their Bally Sports RSN in their local markets.

Currently, Bally Sports RSNs are only available to stream on DIRECTV STREAM as part of their $89.99 Choice Plan. Over the last two years, the channels were dropped by YouTube TV, Sling TV, Hulu, and fuboTV.

I'll probably pull the trigger eventually but will hold off for a while.  I despise how Sinclair/Bally's Sinclair has handled this entire saga (i.e., negotiated in bad faith with all streaming providers for 2+ years).  It's one thing to cut-off negotiations once you have your app up and running but what a disaster of a business plan to essentially make customers that cut the cord get used to not watching non-nationally televised games. I've never been able to determine exactly how long the various teams are locked into to Sinclair licensing but I really hope most leave as soon as they can.

Back to more pressing concerns, Dallas sports fans have not been rewarded for staying up late this week.  Can the Stars please break the streak tonight?

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I'll probably pull the trigger eventually but will hold off for a while.  I despise how Sinclair/Bally's Sinclair has handled this entire saga (i.e., negotiated in bad faith with all streaming providers for 2+ years).  It's one thing to cut-off negotiations once you have your app up and running but what a disaster of a business plan to essentially make customers that cut the cord get used to not watching non-nationally televised games. I've never been able to determine exactly how long the various teams are locked into to Sinclair licensing but I really hope most leave as soon as they can.

Back to more pressing concerns, Dallas sports fans have not been rewarded for staying up late this week.  Can the Stars please break the streak tonight?

This is me too. The initial price is less than I thought they would offer, annually is at ~16/month, but at least it's close to doable.  Sub $10/mth and I'd be a definite yes or anyone other than Bally's and a definite yes.  Going to have to see about their plan limits.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

Twatcuck is a real fucking tough guy going after the least physical defenseman in the league
and what a bullshit goalie interference call. 

Turrible call. Markstrom wrapped himself up in Raffi and then flopped.

3 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

Klingberg and Radulov having a contest to see who can best deep throat a horsecock while on a power play 

I don't know the airmailed pass from Oettinger that resulted in icing may take the cake.