austin kidnapping?

fyi - just posted on the austin subreddit

Today a friend and I took a nice long walk through Roy G Guerrero Park. I hadn't been in about 6 months, and had not realized just how many homeless encampments and basically full on compounds had popped up there. Of course it makes sense because I know they were all recently displaced from the downtown centers and the median along E Riverside not that long ago and where else would they be able to go? Disheartening as always to see, but not *that* surprising. 

After a good long circle, we popped back out on the west side near the dam and starting walking back to the car, when an obviously distraught woman waved us down crying for help, water, and to call 911. Not unfamiliar with such situations except for the 911 request, we (both women) approached her cautiously and asked what was the matter. In between the exacerbated gasps of her crying she told us that she had just escaped a camp in the woods of the park where she had been held for two weeks. She was clearly covered in bruises on her face, arms and legs, including a few bandages and said that she had been abused, drugged, and deprived of water. 

We called 911 and asked for EMS and described the situation. We stayed with her until the medics came and tried to comfort her as best we could and I think she began to calm down a bit when she was sure that help was coming. I don't know how much of her story was true, but seeing her I do believe it and my gut instincts did too. 

Even before this encounter, I could tell from our walk that the spirit of quiet and calm and deer sightings within the park are gone. I wish no ill or harm against honest homeless people just trying to get by and not be bothered by police and such, but there is obviously something sinister going on in there. It may well be a long time before I feel comfortable going back again. 

This has just been a public service FYI to stay safe out there.

I'd still bet on there being more kidnappings among middle-class neighborhoods than homeless camps - it's easy as fuck to lure people into situations where you can get control over them (whether you knock them out with some chemical or force them with a weapon) - they tend to let their guard down when they see you are not homeless and seem to have your shit together.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd still bet on there being more kidnappings among middle-class neighborhoods than homeless camps - it's easy as fuck to lure people into situations where you can get control over them (whether you knock them out with some chemical or force them with a weapon) - they tend to let their guard down when they see you are not homeless and seem to have your shit together.

I'm not sure what is creepier ... I guess at the end of the day your reflexive, creepy whataboutism is quite a bite more creepy that your obviously uncomfortably thought out plan to kidnap and rape a woman.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I'm not sure what is creepier ... I guess at the end of the day your reflexive, creepy whataboutism is quite a bite more creepy that your obviously uncomfortably thought out plan to kidnap and rape a woman.

What’s creepy, and sexist I might add, is that your mind automatically jumped to rape and women.

It’s like you’ve never needed some manual labor and didn’t want to pay for it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What’s creepy, and sexist I might add, is that your mind automatically jumped to rape and women.

It’s like you’ve never needed some manual labor and didn’t want to pay for it.

You keep telling yourself that Dahmer. Whatever gets you to sunrise without taking the life of a co-ed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is an odd response. I’m not sure what your point is but what ever you are trying to say…please just stay out of my neighborhood.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

This is an odd response. I’m not sure what your point is but what ever you are trying to say…please just stay out of my neighborhood.  Thanks.

I think we ended up at the same spot ... really creepy response to the point of requesting verification at the next event with women or children present.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd still bet on there being more kidnappings among middle-class neighborhoods than homeless camps

This is a ridiculous assumption and subsequent line of thinking to arrive there. I'm not going to personally attack you over some political shit like others here but this post makes zero sense. Anyone living in a homeless encampment is 100% predisposed to a higher crime rate for any offense in the book than anyone outside of that situation would be. 

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Fritzl planned to free his cellar family - and assumed ...

7 minutes ago, Mighty fine said:

The prose of that post, with how it's put together along with the descriptors...I highly doubt this occurred. This seems like obvious whoring for attention. Not unlike the 'look at the good deed I'm doing' videos that I see on LinkedIn

They found a woman that escaped from a hobo prison camp in the park where she was abused and drugged for two weeks but no mention of the police and it didn't make the news. I'm calling bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, F250 said:

They found a woman that escaped from a hobo prison camp in the park where she was abused and drugged for two weeks but no mention of the police and it didn't make the news. I'm calling bullshit.

But sir, this is the internet and that was posted on reddit!  People would not make up such stories or allude to such things on such a respected platform unless they were true!

I am shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked!

(I'm not saying that such things don't happen, but if a woman had been kidnapped and held in a homeless camp for two weeks, KXAN.com would have it as a front-page story for the next two months)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but:

Image of Hi, Nicole.

“Hey, what do you guys like better: Nurse or cheerleader? Oh, hi Nicole.” “Hi, Frank. That’s a nice doll you have there.” “Yeah, thanks, she’s okay.”

Edited by Bevo
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

image.gif.6b9867c201f85b0faeef0abd68554bb1.gif

Sure thing, Dennis. 

• Haha 5

OP's quoted story is reminiscent of the old friend of a friend of a friend who was summoned into the gas station when the pumps wouldn't work, only to be told a creepy boogie man had crawled into the backseat while they were't looking.  Also, don't flash your headlights at people at night; it's a gang initiation and you'll be killed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

Anyone living in a homeless encampment is 100% predisposed to a higher crime rate for any offense in the book than anyone outside of that situation would be. 

Any offense in the book? Embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, tax evasion…?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Where is Roy Guerrero Park? Is the OP talking about Longhorn Dam or Tom Miller Dam or Mansfield Dam?

Yes, it's the large park stretching from Pleasant Valley to 183 along the south bank of the river below Longhorn Dam.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

That didn’t happen. As a general rule, the more it sounds like Taken, the less likely it is that it is true.

A stranger getting kidnapped and secreted in a homeless tent for two weeks without a chance to escape is not a real thing that happens.

Just because you never did it in your encampment doesn't mean it doesn't happen in others. 

14 hours ago, Mighty fine said:

The prose of that post, with how it's put together along with the descriptors...I highly doubt this occurred. This seems like obvious whoring for attention. Not unlike the 'look at the good deed I'm doing' videos that I see on LinkedIn

I figure it's pretty easy money.  It's all pretty harmless.  She probably kidnapped herself.  

I mean look at it:  young trophy wife; marries a guy for money but figures he isn't giving her enough.  She owes money all over town.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

That didn’t happen. As a general rule, the more it sounds like Taken, the less likely it is that it is true.

A stranger getting kidnapped and secreted in a homeless tent for two weeks without a chance to escape is not a real thing that happens.

But what about the bruises, bro?

• Fuck You 9

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

But sir, this is the internet and that was posted on reddit!  People would not make up such stories or allude to such things on such a respected platform unless they were true!

I am shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked!

(I'm not saying that such things don't happen, but if a woman had been kidnapped and held in a homeless camp for two weeks, KXAN.com would have it as a front-page story for the next two months)

and there would be all kinds of political groups yapping about it and using it for political fundraising.  

7 minutes ago, texasdago said:

and there would be all kinds of political groups yapping about it and using it for political fundraising.  

This is how you know it's blatantly not true - no one exploited it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

Did someone get snatched up and held in a homeless camp for two weeks and it not make the news? 100% didn't happen. 

Did some high/strung out probably also homeless chick go looking for dope and end up held against her will in another homeless camp? That is a story I could believe, and also something that likely wouldn't make the news. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

maybe the homeless wanted to turn the dog into a sex slave. isn't this the same area?

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/man-attacked-with-machete-while-walking-dog-in-austin-speaks-out

Man attacked with machete while walking dog in Austin speaks out

AUSTIN, Texas - Last week, we told you about a man who was attacked with a machete while walking his dog by a homeless camp at Elmont and Pleasant Valley Road. 

That man, Joshua Walker, is speaking out. 

"A guy grabbed me by my neck, and he said, 'I'm taking your dog' and I said no. I thought it was a joke," he said.

Walker says four attackers with two weapons, a knife and a machete, approached him. 

"The last thing I remember, really, was getting pricked in my back. It just felt like a little prick. It hurt, but then I get hit on my head. Something really bad happened [on my arm]. I knew it right away. I just felt a lot of warm, I couldn't feel my arm, I dropped to the ground right here, asked for help," he said. "It was a huge shock, I was in such disbelief with myself that I couldn't even bear to look at the injuries."

His dog ran to a nearby business.

Walker spent a day and a half in the hospital with wounds to his arm, back, and head. He had to have surgery for a ruptured artery in his arm.

Walker is a welder, and now he has to find another job where he doesn't need to use his arm.

He moved to Austin six months ago and says the neighborhood is supposed to be nice. 

"To just feel unsafe walking across the street, it's crazy. It's another world over there," he said.

Edited by crash_davis

I figure it's pretty easy money.  It's all pretty harmless.  She probably kidnapped herself.  
I mean look at it:  young trophy wife; marries a guy for money but figures he isn't giving her enough.  She owes money all over town.

I can get you a toe.

9 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I’ve never laid pipe in a hobo camp.

That sounds like an extra verse to Roger Miller's "You Can't Roller-skate in a Buffalo Herd,"

But you can be happy if you've a mind to...

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Dang...skipped right over this one.  I was only 5 hours late.