2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol. @VirginiaLonghorn check this shit out

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/06/25/extremely-excited-alex-ovechkin-scores-goal-in-dynamo-moscow-soccer-game/

🫣

I had visions of a torn ACL or something similarly bad when I saw the RMDB story this morning.  But, it’s what Caps fans love about Ovi.  He’s just a kid at heart always looking for a game.  The genuine joy of sports.

Thnx for the link!

42 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

'splain? I musta missed something

This is a pretty good shot of it. Ferraro is in the box between the benches. Perry is at that end of the TB bench. Perry is bitching at the refs to call the too many men looking at the logjam of guys coming off.

Ferraro reported from the ice that Perry was hollering for it.

Kadri went from being a guy that makes you shake your head for doing stupid stuff to a guy that was just nails the entire playoffs.  Love that guy and it sucks that he's likely gone from CO but unless he does a team friendly deal, they can't afford to keep him.

I know most of you olds won’t actually watch this, but you would each be a stupid mother fucker. 
Fucking watch all of it. 

Why wouldn’t the olds watch it? We lived through it. It was awesome…and fuck Claude Lemiuex
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
10 hours ago, Hate said:

Why wouldn’t the olds watch it? We lived through it. It was awesome…and fuck Claude Lemiuex

I told you Avs in 6...

Yeah, you called it but the series was pretty damn close.  The Avs were clearly the better team and should be in the mix for a few years to come.  I still think y'all need better goal tending, but it's hard to argue with the success that Kuemper had.  He may be just good enough for y'all to win a few cups on this run. 

Yeah, you called it but the series was pretty damn close.  The Avs were clearly the better team and should be in the mix for a few years to come.  I still think y'all need better goal tending, but it's hard to argue with the success that Kuemper had.  He may be just good enough for y'all to win a few cups on this run. 
Who is better and available? Kuemper is their best option right now, IMO. I would love an upgrade, though.

20 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
41 minutes ago, Hate said:

Who is better and available? Kuemper is their best option right now, IMO. I would love an upgrade, though.

The Kraken would be happy to give Grubauer back!

The NHL really should consider creating a stunt double of the cup for these yahoos to abuse …
Fuck that, this is what makes the Cup so special. You're not allowed to even touch it before you win it, but you can literally fuck it if you want when you win.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

The NHL really should consider creating a stunt double of the cup for these yahoos to abuse …

There are two Stanley Cups.  One of them stays in the Hockey HOF in Toronto; the other one goes on the road.

If you've never been to the Hockey HOF, DOOOOOOOOOWIT!!!!

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1