New auto mod for lgbtq posts

Since apparently our mods don’t know the difference between acceptable and unacceptable jokes when it comes to transgender people there is going to be a new auto mod activated which will hide and put a poster in timeout for the day after 3 reports of anti-LGBTQ specific content. 

quit your bitching and police the community. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

honestly, whats an acceptable joke? cause calling trump putin's cock holster will never not be appropriate but crazy folk complained about that.

edit: wait, not trying to be too CR here, honestly asking.

Edited by achooloco
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, achooloco said:

honestly, whats an acceptable joke? cause calling trump putin's cock holster will never not be appropriate but crazy folk complained about that.

edit: wait, not trying to be too CR here, honestly asking.

I'm not a mod, but I'd hope posts like this are considered across the line:

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I'm not a mod, but I'd hope posts like this are considered across the line:

the shit is complicated and i honestly don't know.  whatever this auto mod thing does i hope it helps but would it be "ok" if sack wrote her balls? i hate batting for sack but straight up i don't know where to draw the line.  and this most definitely doesn't seem the thread to hash out ideologies (is there one?). so here's to hoping it gets sorted out somehow. 

i'd add, in light of Imma's post below, the direct response to Troph leaving (which i agree sucks a lot) and to the post you copied, was this post:

.Obviously the reactions aren't decisive but they kinda show a few people got pissed at the joke and a shit ton didn't. Not saying we can't be "better" (as a board or society) but i'm not down with labeling everything phobic and hateful simply because they don't agree on what your terms of "better" are (the royal your if that is a thing). It's late, sorry for the terrible grammar/syntax.

Edited by achooloco
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, achooloco said:

the shit is complicated and i honestly don't know.  whatever this auto mod thing does i hope it helps but would it be "ok" if sack wrote her balls? i hate batting for sack but straight up i don't know where to draw the line.  and this most definitely doesn't seem the thread to hash out ideologies (is there one?). so here's to hoping it gets sorted out somehow. 

It is this thread and it’s why the auto mod is a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

This is why the auto mod exists. It’s not my fucking problem anymore. It’s yours(the collective community)

This business will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

so three gender-fluid wingnuts can get someone banned whenever they want?

Yep.  Control the message.

Mission accomplished.  Can't talk about it on this board any more because anything out of line with the group think gets shut down. That discussion has been a beating, time after time; and it's not because of the content.

Edited by slorch

27 minutes ago, futureman said:

making fun of her is transphobic. period. 

I mean, are we absolutely sure that cheerleader is transgender?  I always thought she was just an ugly woman, because I don't see a school like the University of Oklahoma allowing a transgender cheerleader.

12 minutes ago, royiv said:

I applaud the effort. Nothing is ever perfect, but I think this is a good way to gauge what a community will or will not tolerate. Some of the responses on this thread demonstrate a blindness to the hate speech and outright slurs that have been historically tolerated within this community. Just as we shouldn't tolerate the use of the n-word in this community, we shouldn't tolerate the use of anti-LGBTQ slurs. Our LGBTQ brethren shouldn't have to put up with that shit.

4acb83efaab972a7bb25ec62a333753f.jpg

• Fuck You 7

45 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I mean, are we absolutely sure that cheerleader is transgender?  I always thought she was just an ugly woman, because I don't see a school like the University of Oklahoma allowing a transgender cheerleader.

she’s an innocent young lady who, due to her appearance, has been derogatorily referred to as “tranny” on this site hundreds, if not thousands of times. it’s transphobic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

that's fucking a load of shit.  we make fun of aggy being sheep fuckers. we make fun of okies being inbred. we make fun of trump supporters as being stupid racist idiots. we make fun of lawyers as greedy soulless people. we make fun of asians as dog and bat eaters. we make fun of black people reading the financial time and loving swimming pools. we just don't use the N word.

when we make these jokes, it's usually in good taste, sometimes even with wit. most all are not done in malice, and are usually called out if they are inappropriate. that's what makes this place so great and special. 

but all of the sudden, trans jokes are off limits. because of one poster who got her panties in a wad. jesus fucking christ. i wish amber heard would take a dump on this thread.

You must be missing the the threads where the word f*g or its six letter variation is thrown around liberally and no one calls it out. That word is a slur. Period.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

we make fun of derka and futureman all the fucking time. they aren't demanding special fucking privileges and rules. 

i guess they need to change their gender. then they can be extra special on this board. 

any criticism I receive is always reported. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

we make fun of derka and futureman all the fucking time. they aren't demanding special fucking privileges and rules. 

i guess they need to change their gender. then they can be extra special on this board. 

There's a difference between jokes and hate speech. If you can't see that, you're being purposefully obtuse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

You must be missing the the threads where the word f*g or its six letter variation is thrown around liberally and no one calls it out. That word is a slur. Period.

and how many times has that southpark pic of N_GGERS been posted? and how many times have asians been disparaged? what about latinos?

don't assume everyone on here is a white male. everyday i'm sure there are numerous posts which could "offend" a group of people. but most ignore it and enjoy the board for what it is. it's great, but every now and then, you read a post you don't agree with. you just ignore it and move on. if it's made by the same poster, then you put them on ignore. 

quit putting lbgt on a fucking pedestal. 

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

There's a difference between jokes and hate speech. If you can't see that, you're being purposefully obtuse. 

and you're deliberately ignoring all the other shit that doesn't get bitched about because those posters aren't whiney bitches.

• Hook 'Em 3

what about

Is the essence of what you're saying here. 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

quit putting lbgt on a fucking pedestal. 

And I have to say you need to open your fucking eyes my dude. The draft majority supreme court decision to overturn a 50 year 7-2 precedent explicitly attacks Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. They're not being put on a pedestal - they're being targeted by christo-fascists.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Is the essence of what you're saying here. 

And I have to say you need to open your fucking eyes my dude. The draft majority supreme court decision to overturn a 50 year 7-2 precedent explicitly attacks Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. They're not being put on a pedestal - they're being targeted by christo-fascists.

the SC is about to overturn Roe vs Wade. women are treated as second class citizens. i haven't heard the women rise up and bitch about the giant shit my wife does/say thread.

yall have lost your fucking mind if you think that lbgt are the only ones who could be offended by the content on this board. this board makes fun of everyone and everything. it's always been like that. 

well, except for today. lbgt are off fucking limits. but it's completely ok to make fun of everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 8

8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

and you're deliberately ignoring all the other shit that doesn't get bitched about because those posters aren't whiney bitches.

With as activated as you are on this subject, you calling anyone else a whiney bitch is hilarious. I don't think nuance is one of your strong points.

1 minute ago, royiv said:

With as activated as you are on this subject, you calling anyone else a whiney bitch is hilarious. I don't think nuance is one of your strong points.

i fully expect you to call out EVERY single post on this board which might offend a group of people. otherwise you are a fucking hypocrite.

• Hook 'Em 6

i fully expect you to call out EVERY single post on this board which might offend a group of people. otherwise you are a fucking hypocrite.

Thanks for proving my point re: nuance.

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

thanks for proving my point. you can't. and you are completely wrong about protecting against lbqt jokes while ignoring everything else. 

Please point out where I said hate speech against anyone should be tolerated? I'll wait. If you can't discern between good natured, on the edge or even slightly cringey humor and hate speech I don't know what to tell you. 

Just now, royiv said:

Please point out where I said hate speech against anyone should be tolerated? I'll wait. If you can't discern between good natured, on the edge or even slightly cringey humor and hate speech I don't know what to tell you. 

so we can make good natured, edgy lbgt jokes now?

• Hook 'Em 2

Correct. It implies you’d rather not be homosexual, which is a slur in itself.
Unless it is followed immediately by a NTTAWWT.

Doesn’t being straight imply that you’d rather not be homosexual? So just by being, I am slurring?

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

I believe executive transvestite is the preferred nomenclature.

Just now, royiv said:

Did you miss the point of imma letting the community decide what is tolerated?

then you agree that if imma is implementing this rule, it shouldn't be JUST for lbgt jokes, but for everything. but as it is, this rule only applies to lbgt content. 

also it only takes 3 "people". so a poster and his/her 2 socks can have anyone temp banned whenever anyone makes joke, good nature and edgy or not, about lbgt. 

that's funny as shit.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Did you miss the point of imma letting the community decide what is tolerated?

I did. And it’ll be abused. I see multiple people banned on both sides for pissing matches. It’s a terrible idea. There will be CR proxy wars waged for jokes where someone’s looking to get offended, and then retribution for the accusers, and unnecessary teeth gnashing. 

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

Doesn’t being straight imply that you’d rather not be homosexual? So just by being, I am slurring?

Uhhhh, no? Being homosexual isn't a choice or something that they'd rather be or not be. It is who they are, and there should be nothing wrong with that. Just like how there's nothing wrong with you being straight. It's not your choice - you just are.

IMO - is a distinction between making fun of someone's decisions, and making fun of someone because of their identity. One is surly, the other is shitty.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2