Blastfurnace 2022

Just got done mowing the yard in Hewitt.   Wife was doing stuff all morning so I had the 2 kids by myself. She got home at 11  and wanted me to wait til after we got them fed for lunch.   I was irate, because it was “only 92” at 11 and there was a nice breeze.   Those 2 24oz Shiners I just slammed while blowing the drive/walkways have me cooled off nicely.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ll probably get negged to Bolivia for this but it got pretty warm yesterday, about 68 in pacific grove, and when I went to the storage unit in Monterey to pick up some stuff in the afternoon the car thermometer showed 81.  

I don’t even know how I did it for 31 years in Austin.  And I was outside a lot.  It’s unreal how hot it is there right now, and it’s early so it’s going to be bad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I’ll probably get negged to Bolivia for this but it got pretty warm yesterday, about 68 in pacific grove, and when I went to the storage unit in Monterey to pick up some stuff in the afternoon the car thermometer showed 81.  

I don’t even know how I did it for 31 years in Austin.  And I was outside a lot.  It’s unreal how hot it is there right now, and it’s early so it’s going to be bad.

You become a California snowflake so quickly, right? I always feel bad about whining about 70+. 

Fuck it’s hot.

My dumbass got a 1:04 tee time. After each drive after the first 5 holes I’d get dizzy. Hit amazing tee shots and couldn’t recover enough and would fuck up the approach shot.

Granted, I’m blaming the heat for my shitty irons.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, slorch said:

105 today on the Golden Spread

15-20 mph winds and it feels like a blast furnace fo sho.

Stay hydrated my friends.

Stopped outside Amarillo for gas and it felt like someone was aiming a leaf blower across a bonfire at my face. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

10 hours ago, We’reTexas said:

You become a California snowflake so quickly, right? I always feel bad about whining about 70+. 

Well, Pacific Grove is beautiful but they get a hell of a lot of fog. We had it much better in Capitola. Still, I think you need to be south of Big Sur to get better weather unless you know a secret - and don't say something like Carmel Valley cuz that's not the beach.

12 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Stopped outside Amarillo for gas and it felt like someone was aiming a leaf blower across a bonfire at my face. 

As hot as it is, I prefer the burning oven air blowing in my face than the swamp ass I get from being outside for a few minutes with the humidity. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

On 6/12/2022 at 2:25 PM, Hefeweizen said:

Ah Pacific Grove. When I lived in the Bay Area, a buddy had folks living in PG a block away from Lovers Point so we would head down a few times a year to hang out, golf, kayak/dive. Loved it down there. PG Muni was the shit! Probably still is.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

113 degrees in Palo Duro Canyon.

40 hikers had to be rescued over the weekend.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/40-hikers-rescued-Palo-Duro-State-Park-heat-17238088.php

airplane-let-them-crash.gif

Yeah, I get Darwinian AF on those people.  That is complete idiocy. The temps in the Canyon are hotter than the regular temps, and then they want to go at noon... Are you fucking kidding me?

Edited by slorch

We hiked lighthouse this morning. Wasn’t bad as something came through last night and temps were in the low 80s when we were out. Coming back down it was warming up quick. Not surprised some people stroked out if they were out there yesterday. 

Edited by Anastasis

8 hours ago, Blotto said:

Ah Pacific Grove. When I lived in the Bay Area, a buddy had folks living in PG a block away from Lovers Point so we would head down a few times a year to hang out, golf, kayak/dive. Loved it down there. PG Muni was the shit! Probably still is.

I may need to start golfing.  It’s really beautiful.  And this morning it was 49.

Woke up last night for work and it was 80. A/C crapped out. Made several desperate calls this morning when I got off work and the soonest I can get someone out here is tomorrow sometime. Fortunately my house is surrounded by huge oak trees so I get a lot of shade and I have several box fans.

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

For as hot is it was yesterday, it was actually quite pleasant last night around 9:30 with the 15mph breeze.  

Agree... its not bad in the evening and this morning at 7:30 felt really nice.  

Went to a pool yesterday around 4:30... when you jump in and get wet and then feel that breeze, its really quite tolerable. 

Key: FIND WATER

19 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Agree... its not bad in the evening and this morning at 7:30 felt really nice.  

Went to a pool yesterday around 4:30... when you jump in and get wet and then feel that breeze, its really quite tolerable. 

Key: FIND WATER

I jumped in your mom, and she was pretty wet.  

Hail in Mexico can be a boon. When I was a kid visiting my grandparents in a town in the northern Mexican desert, a hailstorm blew through and dropped several inches of pea-marble size hail. Afterwards, EVERYONE was out in the streets with coolers, buckets, etc, because FREE ICE.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Do yourself a favor and don't look at the forecast for next weekend.  We are all going to melt by August.

I can guess what it says.  The good news is my sprinkler system decided to not work so I got that going for me.  

15 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

What did February 16th look like? 

Anyways, Texas summers are just Texas summers. We know it is coming. Go to the river, drink beer, etc. It only really sucks in my view in September when the shit just won't end.

June isn't usually this miserable. Getting a month's head start on the truly brutal part of the summer is a tough pill to swallow. And yes, September turning into August pt. 2 in recent years is also a beating.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

What did February 16th look like? 

Anyways, Texas summers are just Texas summers. We know it is coming. Go to the river, drink beer, etc. It only really sucks in my view in September when the shit just won't end.

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

June isn't usually this miserable. Getting a month's head start on the truly brutal part of the summer is a tough pill to swallow. And yes, September turning into August pt. 2 in recent years is also a beating.

For me it's just the anxiety of seeing that shit and wondering at what point does my A/C crap out. 

• Hook 'Em 1