Blastfurnace 2022

Storm the Field

16 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

What did February 16th look like? 

Anyways, Texas summers are just Texas summers. We know it is coming. Go to the river, drink beer, etc. It only really sucks in my view in September when the shit just won't end.

Totally agree.....

But, I do wish that during the duration of football season it should always be cloudy and 60

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Some weather forums I follow suggest this year is analogous to the summer of 2005.  In fact, CSU just updated the probabilities of a TS hitting Texas to the following:

Matagorda County has a 53% chance of seeing a tropical cyclone impact this year. The normal chance is 32%. It also has a 31% chance of seeing a hurricane impact when the normal chance is 17%.  Galveston County has a 58% chance of a named storm making an impact. 

You can download the excel from this site and filter for just Texas.

https://tropical.colostate.edu/TC_impact.html

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, TexPx said:

Answer is:
At the worst possible moment.

Luckily my inlaws live like 2 miles away in a big ass house all to themselves. We'd get to wait out the AC repair/replacement there, but then again I'd have to be staying with my inlaws. 

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

A large part of the state is already in drought conditions in the middle of June.  This is shaping up to be a really bad summer like 2013.

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I think when all is said and done this summer in Texas will make 2011 look reasonable. 

For the hyperbolic chicken littles:

6/14/2011

image.thumb.png.e7f407b36f938712d8392df5e1f3b692.png

image.thumb.png.8fff3ead84efe0fa70e508fe6e2f313c.png

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I think when all is said and done this summer in Texas will make 2011 look reasonable. 

Yep.  We’ve had this all wrong.  2011 is going to look like a cakewalk by time all of this is over.  Our previous 100° mark for June is 17 days.  If we have five more days this month above 100° we tie the record.  The “coolest” day in the 7-day shows 102°.  The long ranges show nothing below 101° at least 14 days out.  

Buckle up boys and girls.  It’s gonna be a doozy/NedRyerson

12 hours ago, Hate said:

Some weather forums I follow suggest this year is analogous to the summer of 2005

I mean, Katrina was horrible, but if we start hearing stories about Quinn leading summer workouts with “If you want to beat Bama meet me here every night at 7 pm” I won’t complain about an overactive hurricane season. 

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

4DAC7880-A2E9-4A33-A577-40BB53A2AB6B.jpeg

It’s hot, and we are doing an Arizona type of hot experience. I’m enjoying it. The lack of humidity is nice. It feels great to get my trash cans from the curb and not be sweating like a pig once it’s done. It’s nice to not feel that fucking humidity the second I open the door. Now I know why people from Florida are insane, it’s the fucking swamp humidity. It sucks ass even when it’s 85 degrees and you go outside and you’re sweating just from standing outside. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, gmr548 said:

June isn't usually this miserable. Getting a month's head start on the truly brutal part of the summer is a tough pill to swallow. And yes, September turning into August pt. 2 in recent years is also a beating.

Last year it was 95 degrees on New Years Eve in the Houston area.  Less than ten hours later it was below 30 degrees.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, Hate said:

Some weather forums I follow suggest this year is analogous to the summer of 2005.  In fact, CSU just updated the probabilities of a TS hitting Texas to the following:

Matagorda County has a 53% chance of seeing a tropical cyclone impact this year. The normal chance is 32%. It also has a 31% chance of seeing a hurricane impact when the normal chance is 17%.  Galveston County has a 58% chance of a named storm making an impact. 

You can download the excel from this site and filter for just Texas.

https://tropical.colostate.edu/TC_impact.html

Shit, I am down for doing a rain dance and a ritual sacrifice for some big ass fucking rain.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was 73 degrees this morning with low humidity outside houston. Felt awesome. 
I will take this every day with our 37% humidity over our normal weather. 103 in the shade with low humidity is so much better than 96 with 84% humidity like it seems we usually get. 

06F56CB6-3B2A-4744-96C5-4ABC7064E9BD.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It was 73 degrees this morning with low humidity outside houston. Felt awesome. 
I will take this every day with our 37% humidity over our normal weather. 103 in the shade with low humidity is so much better than 96 with 84% humidity like it seems we usually get. 

06F56CB6-3B2A-4744-96C5-4ABC7064E9BD.jpeg

I did notice it felt oddly dry this morning. Cars not sweating, windows not fogged, etc. I wouldn't say walking the dog was nice, but it wasn't terrible, which is the best it's been in well over a month. Wild that it has been so nasty that a dewpoint at 70 - downright tropical - feels like a reprieve. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I did notice it felt oddly dry this morning. Cars not sweating, windows not fogged, etc. I wouldn't say walking the dog was nice, but it wasn't terrible, which is the best it's been in well over a month. Wild that it has been so nasty that a dewpoint at 70 - downright tropical - feels like a reprieve. 

My mom says it’s the Sahara dust. Keeping out the humidity but allowing it to get over 100 which is very unusual for houston. 
I wasn’t really listening though as the US Open and texas baseball were on. 

It's 98 deg. and cloudy in The Woodlands and the local Entergy grid has shit the bed.  1,935 customers lost power shortly before 5:00 PM and the expected return time is given as 7:00 PM.  I've said it before, but it bears repeating that Entergy is one shit outfit.

18 minutes ago, yoladu said:

get ready for the Airport Sliding Doors of Reality

Wife and I go visit friends in Colorado for a week every summer, usually in late August or September. Typically get on a return flight that leaves around sunup when it's in the high 40's. One of the most soul-crushing experiences is landing back at IAH wearing jeans and a fleece and getting blasted in the face with 98 degrees getting off the plane. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1