Blastfurnace 2022

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

No joke. Take electrolytes. I pop em like candy once we get near 100. 

I usually drink 1/2 of some sort of electrolyte replacement drink everyday.  I also cut way back on coffee and other stuff during the summers.  I know I drink plenty of water (1.5-2 gallons/day).  Cold beer just tastes so damn good during this time of year.  3-4/day during the summer tastes good but doesn’t help the hydration.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I usually drink 1/2 of some sort of electrolyte replacement drink everyday.  I also cut way back on coffee and other stuff during the summers.  I know I drink plenty of water (1.5-2 gallons/day).  Cold beer just tastes so damn good during this time of year.  3-4/day during the summer tastes good but doesn’t help the hydration.  

Drink more water! :)

I got stung by a scorpion last night for the first time in my life. Driven inside by the heat I'm sure.
So now we've got scorpions in our homes. 

I’ll bet that rocked you like a hurricane. Did you have a blackout?
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I got stung by a scorpion last night for the first time in my life. Driven inside by the heat I'm sure.

So now we've got scorpions in our homes. 

Pulled some of my son's clothes out of the dryer the other day right after they finished drying. Crawling around inside looking fit and happy was a scorpion. Heat doesn't bother them, my gentle scorpion victim. 

16 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I know when the dog needs to go out because she hits her water bowl like a fucking camel before sitting by the door.

She takes one good long piss, a shit, looks around like wtf is this bullshit, then drags me back inside.

Still no where near 2011. We hit 100s in May then if I'm not mistaken.

May 24th in 2011- in Austin.

May 21st in 2022 - in Austin. Right now it's about even with 2011, but 2011 really started in July with a 65 day stretch with only 3 days being under 100 degrees.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I did my part to make sure the rain forecast for early next week doesn't miss us by spending a couple of hours washing and cleaning out my car.

Bring it on, you sumbitch.

I think I’m just going to take anything important out of my truck and leave it in the driveway with the windows down for the next few days.   Hope I don’t find a hornets’ nest when I go to work next week