Blastfurnace 2022

On 5/11/2022 at 9:53 PM, MissingInAction said:

Nuclear war is our only hope.

Wouldn’t that make it hotter?

On 5/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, Samson's Wig said:

I'm not sure at what age I'll puss out and finally move away from the heat, but I know it will happen eventually.

Funny as most people move south as they get older but I’m telling you I cant hang anymore.   

im down in SoCal and it definitely hits 90 here in the reg.  May head back to pnw

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think my AC may have just gone out.  I had it tuned up and checked in May to avoid this very situation.  I replaced the entire unit (inside) last year.  I'm gonna burn this mother down.

It was good knowing you.

keanu reeves GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, staboner said:

hey homies how we doing? i left texas and I am back down in winter. not sure how i feel about this shit but hey, i can go outside. fuck it was hot up there.

looking at you power grid

tenor.png

Nothing quite like damn near hitting your peak demand record on a Saturday.  

There may be some EE2 alerts early next week if it gets cloudy or wind drops suddenly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexPx said:

Was whining to my friend in Portland when she reminded me around this time last year they went
108 6/26
112 6/27
116 6/28

What makes Texas heat so special is the knowledge that absolutely no relief is coming for at least another 10 weeks.

And even then, that “relief” will be a day with highs around 89°, followed by a few more weeks in the mid-90s.

• Rage+1 4

49 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Y'all, I know that your lawns and such are important to you, but please conserve water, wherever you live.  At my place of employment our water production department is running full capacity, 24/7.  If one piece of their equipment fails, the city will have to impose water restrictions, which our council views as the worst possible thing that can happen ever.  Like a Russian cruise missile strike catastrophe.  Have a heart and help out your water department, please.

Fuck watering the lawn. Austin need to xeriscape the fuck out of this city.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'm going to lose some 75 to 200 year old oaks on my place because of this drought.  I lost 4 or 5 in 2011-12, 3 more after last year's freeze, and have 6 or 7 that don't look good right now.  I still have others that are doing ok, but who knows, if this keeps up.  I'm only watering small fruit and nut trees that I am establishing, and where my on-site sewer system sprays the gray water, but where the gray water is being sprayed doesn't look any better than the rest of the yard.  Some asshole flicking a cigarette butt onto my yard would be very bad news. 

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I'm going to lose some 75 to 200 year old oaks on my place because of this drought.  I lost 4 or 5 in 2011-12, 3 more after last year's freeze, and have 6 or 7 that don't look good right now.  I still have others that are doing ok, but who knows, if this keeps up.  I'm only watering small fruit and nut trees that I am establishing, and where my on-site sewer system sprays the gray water, but where the gray water is being sprayed doesn't look any better than the rest of the yard.  Some asshole flicking a cigarette butt onto my yard would be very bad news. 

My dad had some live oaks under distress because of the heat in 2011.  Had an arborist come out and told him to run a soaker hose around the tree from the base to the drip line and run it once a week.  The trees are still there but I don't know if it's a plausible option for you.  Good luck I hate when I see a beautiful old tree die.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

My dad had some live oaks under distress because of the heat in 2011.  Had an arborist come out and told him to run a soaker hose around the tree from the base to the drip line and run it once a week.  The trees are still there but I don't know if it's a plausible option for you.  Good luck I hate when I see a beautiful old tree die.

Username checks out

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, hornian said:
At this point I’m rooting for 111 just to say I lived through it and all I got was heat stroke. 

I’m running an errand and texting my wife screenshots of Austin’s temp and then screenshots of Vermonts 82 degrees.   And it’ll be 59 tonight.  Fuck I’d have the windows open all day and not run AC

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Even during that drought/heat wave the mesquite trees were showing stress.