Blastfurnace 2022

52 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Hot as fuck outside. Come on cool front!

Just make it to bedtime. It's coming, but has only made it about as far south as Waco at this point. For those of us in Austin and Houston, it should be about 10-15 degrees cooler at 10 am tomorrow than at 10 pm tonight. 

Tomorrow will be cloudy and in the high 60's/low 70's all day. The colder, drier air arrives overnight tomorrow night. Tuesday is when the real fun starts.

• Like 1

Just make it to bedtime. It's coming, but has only made it about as far south as Waco at this point. For those of us in Austin and Houston, it should be about 10-15 degrees cooler at 10 am tomorrow than at 10 pm tonight. 
Tomorrow will be cloudy and in the high 60's/low 70's all day. The colder, drier air arrives overnight tomorrow night. Tuesday is when the real fun starts.

And then back to the upper 80s and 90’s this weekend! Yeah!!

#swamplife

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I will take 80's and 90's all the time. Summer was rough for a few days, but better than shoveling snow. Again, just give me the rain. 

Um, we live in Texas. It is warm here. 

This weekend's temps would be fine for late May / June or even September.  The blastfurnace does its thing at full tilt for July and August; that's expected.

But it's fucking mid-October, enough of this bullshit.

• Like 2

Definitely feels wonderful outside and will enjoy the next few days. But the fact that we’re going to snap back into swamp ass mode with highs in the mid to high 80s with lows into the 70s by the weekend (in Houston anyway)… I mean, that’s a fucking beating. Going to have to watch the OSU game indoors on October 22 because it’ll be 85 and humid.

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Took my dogs on a long walk after work yesterday evening. Woke up and drank my morning coffee outside by the firepit. If this front is only gonna last ~3 days, I'm gonna enjoy it as much as I can. 

The weather has been great. Despite it being a Monday, last night I sat outside and drank some scotch and enjoyed the weather.

• Hook 'Em 1

Another perfect morning but we'll be back up to 80 by this afternoon. Today and tomorrow should be pretty nice but will lead into a mediocre weekend of warmer temps and increased humidity. Weak front should bring a chance of rain Monday evening and the final week of October looks about typical for this time of year. Current Halloween forecast is unremarkable (75/60). 

• 2 weeks later...

With the exception of a mild cool front inbound this weekend, the first 10 or so days of November look like what you'd typically expect to see the first 10 days of October. 

High's in the low to mid 80's and lows in the mid 60's. 

Long-range models indicate that an extended stretch of seasonal weather may finally arrive towards the end of next week, with temps settling into the ~65/50  range starting next Saturday the 12th. 

With the southerly winds and higher humidity, we're gonna be flirting with 90 degrees in early November...coming out of one of the driest octobers in Austin recorded history.  Every year sucks more than the last.  I know, I know...love it or leave it.  Don't ever try and make anything better. 

What is wrong with mid 80’s? That’s perfect as long as it cools down at night into the upper 50’s or lower 60’s. I know some of y’all are chomping at the bit to wear your scarfs and riding boots, but the current forecast looks great to me. A good mix of rain and sunshine with warm days and cool nights. Perfect!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

With the southerly winds and higher humidity, we're gonna be flirting with 90 degrees in early November...coming out of one of the driest octobers in Austin recorded history.  Every year sucks more than the last.  I know, I know...love it or leave it.  Don't ever try and make anything better. 

According to the iPhone weather app the high for the next few days is 83-that’s not exactly flirting with 90’s.  

Wanting it to not be dry and nearly 90 as we enter mid-November is not the same as wanting it to be cold.  We had a fucked up October in Austin.  Nothing wrong with pointing that out.  I'll kindly stay and continue to work to make Texas a better place than how I found it.  Stay gold, fuckface.

11 hours ago, Hate said:

What is wrong with mid 80’s? That’s perfect as long as it cools down at night into the upper 50’s or lower 60’s. I know some of y’all are chomping at the bit to wear your scarfs and riding boots, but the current forecast looks great to me. A good mix of rain and sunshine with warm days and cool nights. Perfect!

Yeah, my house cools down enough at night and through the morning that even in the 80's in the afternoon the house is still cool enough my AC rarely comes on.  I like it when neither the heater nor the AC is running full tilt all day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2022 at 1:12 PM, bschoolprof said:

you fuckin yankees that want cold weather can kindly fuck off and move back north.  

Yes, only yankees enjoy the concept of having actual seasons. 

What should we call you weirdos that walk outside in November and it's 84 and muggy and think "this is great"