Blastfurnace 2022

Storm the Field

8 minutes ago, Hate said:

Texans?

Lived here my entire life, must not have gotten the memo.

Look, it's "warm" a good 9 months out of the year, with a solid 5 of those being "hot." I'm not asking for a freaking blizzard, but I prefer not to sweat when walking to lunch in November. 

Maybe I have to turn 60 or something and get to the point where anything under 80 is "chilly."

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Fuck you, Blastfurnace.   Perryton, TX last night.

and in Amarillo, we are at 30 degrees, so we have our first freeze since springtime.

Perryton-Snow.jpg

Edited by slorch

Entering the final 24 hours of Junevember. After the rains pass through tomorrow afternoon it looks to cool down significantly after sunset and into Saturday morning.  Average high/low of 65/45 in the extended forecast for Saturday through Thanksgiving.

I believe we can finally let this thread expire.

Edited by Storm the Field

On 11/4/2022 at 10:02 AM, Storm the Field said:

Lived here my entire life, must not have gotten the memo.

Look, it's "warm" a good 9 months out of the year, with a solid 5 of those being "hot." I'm not asking for a freaking blizzard, but I prefer not to sweat when walking to lunch in November. 

Maybe I have to turn 60 or something and get to the point where anything under 80 is "chilly."

I haven't sweat walking to lunch since around second or third week of September.

Are you a big fat person?

On 11/10/2022 at 12:54 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I haven't sweat walking to lunch since around second or third week of September.

Are you a big fat person?

We've had hot days but sweating walking to lunch... that's been a while.  Also, same with the "it's hot 9 months out of the year" BS.  That sounds like transplant talk.  It is hot from the end of May through September.  4-5 months are hot.  The rest is pretty temperate.

23 hours ago, texasdago said:

Also, same with the "it's hot 9 months out of the year" BS.  That sounds like transplant talk.  It is hot from the end of May through September.  4-5 months are hot.  The rest is pretty temperate.

Quality reading skills you got there.

Look, it's "warm" a good 9 months out of the year, with a solid 5 of those being "hot."