Blastfurnace 2022

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Seattle, SLC and denver are all going to hit 90+ this week.  

I was in Boulder last weekend for a wedding and it was hot enough to cancel a friends return flight from DIA due to the density altitude. Think it was 98 that day.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Seattle, SLC and denver are all going to hit 90+ this week.  

The July average in Denver is 88-89, so 90 isn't extreme.  

2020 and 2021 (the two summers I was there) were 2 of the top 4 for days above 95 for the summer.   And 2021 was #5 for lowest rain totals. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

We've been in Santa Fe since Sunday. 80s for high, refreshing shower or thunderstorm each night and the temps drop to the upper 50s. My wife's wearing a pullover most mornings when we walk to the Plaza for breakfast.

Heading back to ATX tomorrow is gonna suck sweaty balls. We've felt like humans experiencing normal, livable weather patterns.

34 minutes ago, drt said:

Ugh the real scary part

Between 1897 and 1999, Camp Mabry hit 105° 73 times. Since 2000, we’ve hit that mark 106 times.

Prior to September 2000, Austin had never hit 110°. Since then, Camp Mabry has hit that mark seven times.

Yep just the same when we were kids. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, drt said:

What scared me from that article was the there were 90 100-degree-plus days in 2011. At this point of the summer, there had been 45. In other words, we're only halfway through this shit unless something dramatic happens.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Ugh the real scary part

Yep just the same when we were kids. 

Yeah I saw that. Didn’t post it because…whatever. 

But I’m pretty sure my kids are just going to have a different experience than I did. 

Just got back from a week at the in-laws about 25 miles east of Mexico city. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s. Rained every evening starting around 5 pm. I had to talk myself into coming back. 

Of course when I did get back just now, my ac was running at 10pm having set it at 85 when I left so I could save some money. Not a good week to fuck with me, Texas heat. We are almost done with you. You get 2 more summers to get it right. Then adios mother fucker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Are you inside or outside those walls?

Inside. The walls enclose the entire property. Not pictured. 2 houses, a 2 room apartment and a servants quarters. All behind me. All enclosed. Maybe a fourth of the property is shown here. Her dad built it 30 years ago. The grass is from a river bed that he went and cut out and then grew it and let is spread. This is basically a leave me the fuck alone and let me live out my life in peace place to visit. 

40 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I absolutely love I've Mexico City and would love to live there but there eventually going to have drastic water issues... like us.  

I always have that earthquake worry in the back of my mind when I'm there. If I lived there it'd just be a matter of time.

So, looked at the extended forecast for where I live outside houston and it’s 107-116 heat index as far as the eye can see. 
I’m going to the mountains of North Carolina with the boy- high of 87, low of 67. Heat index will be 90-93 the entire trip for highs.

That will be plenty fine for zip lining, river floating and waterfall hiking and repelling. 

we were going to go to the ozarks but too hot. We decided to drive an extra 7 or 8 hours to lose about 10 degrees of temperature. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So, looked at the extended forecast for where I live outside houston and it’s 107-116 heat index as far as the eye can see. 
I’m going to the mountains of North Carolina with the boy- high of 87, low of 67. Heat index will be 90-93 the entire trip for highs.

That will be plenty fine for zip lining, river floating and waterfall hiking and repelling. 

we were going to go to the ozarks but too hot. We decided to drive an extra 7 or 8 hours to lose about 10 degrees of temperature. 

In the RV or the green station wagon? I hear it's beautiful at Wally World this time of year.