Blastfurnace 2022

Storm the Field

Also, how fun is it to see a bad August weekly forecast (temps from 102-107 for the week)......in JUNE?  That's nifty and fun.  I imagine August is going to be just super neato and keen, then.  Tack on the typical 5-7 degrees over June temps, and our August highs are on track to be.....hotter than the surface of the sun.

AC went out…can’t be repaired. Been out since early Sunday.  Can be replaced by Wednesday at the earliest. Though Thursday is most likely.

Ceiling fans work at least.

Should be fun…glad I work remote (sarcasm.) I guess I’ll just work nekkid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

AC went out…can’t be repaired. Been out since early Sunday.  Can be replaced by Wednesday at the earliest. Though Thursday is most likely.

I'd buy the cheapest window unit I could find and pick one room to keep cool (probably my bedroom and adjoining bathroom) and pretty much stay there.

I mean, I'd ALSO spend all my time nekkid, because why not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Would legit go get a hotel. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, that happened to us a few years back the weekend after July 4th. We chased a Hotwire promo for a week straight and got to stay at 4 different nice hotels downtown. Actually turned out to be a lot of fun despite a pretty shitty situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Probably blew a breaker trying to cool the house and charge all the vibrators and color flashing butt plugs ag the same time.   Next time, just keep it to one joy ride and a cool house at a time.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was on a Zoom with someone from work today in San Francisco. Their temperature was in the upper 60's while ours was jumping through the 90's. This guy's house doesn't have A/C but he did say temps are expected to hit the mid 70's later in the week.

He left Austin in the mid 90's and went on a 10 minute "why the hell would anyone stay in Texas" rant.

I kinda felt like someone from El Salvador talking to someone living in America.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

I was on a Zoom with someone from work today in San Francisco. Their temperature was in the upper 60's while ours was jumping through the 90's. This guy's house doesn't have A/C but he did say temps are expected to hit the mid 70's later in the week.

He left Austin in the mid 90's and went on a 10 minute "why the hell would anyone stay in Texas" rant.

I kinda felt like someone from El Salvador talking to someone living in America.

You should’ve spoken with an El Salvadoran accent during your Zoom meeting.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, F250 said:

Ask him how many bums he's been accosted by this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

67 in Amarillo. 85 in Dallas.

I think it's most frustrating to see the heat and how contained it is to our area. Even spots like Houston have been 10 degrees cooler during the past week. Atlanta, a notoriously hot city? 83 degrees right now. New Orleans is 90. Miami is 85. The only other area that's in our range is southern Arizona. 

On 6/6/2022 at 5:24 PM, Nicole44 said:

On 6/7/2022 at 7:44 AM, Nicole44 said:

Look at getting some air movers to set up in sleeping areas to help.......

Used these when Ike knocked out my power for over 2 weeks.

Amazon.com : Air Movers

My small office building (3000sqft) that was built in the 80s has three AC units in it and two of them are shot leaving us a nice and toasty 82 degrees in the lobby and 84 in my 3 window office in the afternoons.  Upper management refuses to purchase any new AC units as the building is owned by another entity that is getting ready to take it back in the next year or so. It's gonna be a loooooong summer.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

My small office building (3000sqft) that was built in the 80s has three AC units in it and two of them are shot leaving us a nice and toasty 82 degrees in the lobby and 84 in my 3 window office in the afternoons.  Upper management refuses to purchase any new AC units as the building is owned by another entity that is getting ready to take it back in the next year or so. It's gonna be a loooooong summer.

Tell the Bosses you are changing the dress code and then show up in a speedo. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Sounds like it’s time for a Bolivarian Revolution. 

1 hour ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Just thought I would chime in here and say it’s hot.

Have a weather station in the kitchen, so I check the temp all throughout the day. In general, it doesn't really start to get hot (>95 in my book) until around 1 p.m.

Was a nice 97 on the station at noon. Can't wait for tomorrow.

when i struggle to empathize with and put myself in the shoes of people that are really mentally/emotionally struggling with different things in their lives including addiction, trauma, or other horrible things that can drive them to unimaginable things like suicide or other destructive behaviors...i just think about how i fucking feel every afternoon in austin, texas from june to october.

i fucking hate this shit so fucking much. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

This is some advanced heat. I always forget how significant the difference between 100 and 105+ is. 

Yeah, low 90s is kinda pleasant to me if you're in the shade. It's around 100 where I start to get hot just stepping outside. More than that? Ugh.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, low 90s is kinda pleasant to me if you're in the shade. It's around 100 where I start to get hot just stepping outside. More than that? Ugh.

It's just showing 100 right now. Thought it was maybe past that when I stepped outside. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

It's just showing 100 right now. Thought it was maybe past that when I stepped outside. 

I think the definition of hot for me is if the wind blows and it feels even hotter because of it.

Was walking around a few minutes ago and it wasn't too bad until a breeze picked up and just felt a wall of hot air.

27 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think the definition of hot for me is if the wind blows and it feels even hotter because of it.

Was walking around a few minutes ago and it wasn't too bad until a breeze picked up and just felt a wall of hot air.

If I have to take a shower after a 5 minute walk, it's either too hot, or I'm in Houston.

• Haha 1

Just now, YChang said:

In the Bay Area right now... coworkers are freaking out about it hitting 90 something this weekend in the area. And I'm like... I forgot how pleasant the summers are out here. 

Doesn't a lot of SF not have AC though?

• Hook 'Em 1