Blastfurnace 2022

34 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

If it wasn't for family I would've been out of here on oh about July 2011

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

I've had my fill of hot summers.

It may take a few more years, but I will find my place up north that's not too hot in the summers, with a nice big pond, and build my own Red Green Possum Lodge-inspired lodge.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The amount of people that hang out and swim in that lake is disgusting. I understand maybe over by red bud where it's the outflow from Lake Austin but over underneath all of those bridges is some nasty ass water. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If things keep going the way they've been going, I'll be able to convince the wife to move to New England or other parts north.

I enjoyed living in upstate NY for several years, but I don't think the NE area is anywhere I'd want to live now.

I lived in the Midwest for several years. Unless you’ve lived there, you have no idea how long and brutal the winters are. I’d still take the hot summers here. But just barely. 

the key is to get millions of dollars and live in coastal California. 

Edited by bschoolprof
  • Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I enjoyed living in upstate NY for several years, but I don't think the NE area is anywhere I'd want to live now.

Good buddy moved to Buffalo a few years back. Wife got the big promotion. He is in landscape/nursery too and a musician. He's doing ok but had to get a snowblower to make trails for the dogs to go piss. The Chihuahuas were not going in that massive pile of snow. 

They don't start seriously gardening until Memorial Day. 

14 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Good buddy moved to Buffalo a few years back. Wife got the big promotion. He is in landscape/nursery too and a musician. He's doing ok but had to get a snowblower to make trails for the dogs to go piss. The Chihuahuas were not going in that massive pile of snow. 

where I lived the golf courses were open April to September.  The rest of the year was spent indoors drinking. 

You can pretty much do shit here outdoors year round.  It's uncomfortable, but possible.  

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

where I lived the golf courses were open April to September.  The rest of the year was spent indoors drinking. 

You can pretty much do shit here outdoors year round.  It's uncomfortable, but possible.  

He's had a few gigs up there. Winter is spent in the greenhouse now. A lot of the guys go on unemployment all winter. Mind bottling. 

26 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah, I was out around Saratoga Springs. The cold and snow didn't bother me once I got acclimated. The short winter days did.

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Yeah, I was out around Saratoga Springs. The cold and snow didn't bother me once I got acclimated. The short winter days did.

It's the night people's job to get the day people's money. So saith Ray Wylie.

This time of year I could use a lot less of that angry ball of fire. 

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

At least this year we won't be subjected to 500 posts from Lobo whining about having to hydrate his kids before they go outside.

That shit is ridiculous. That's what God made garden hoses for...

close-up-of-bare-chested-young-boy-with-brown-hair-drinking-water-from-a-hose-MINF05214.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

Lobo lost it, turned in his wings. 

His ego was writing checks his posting couldn't cash. 

From today. Ho. Lee. Fuk. 

v4a2yituw1591.jpg

Although people are calling that out as inaccurate. Which makes sense since I don't think it got above 102ish in Austin today. 

Edited by ztejas

On 6/10/2022 at 8:47 PM, ztejas said:

The amount of people that hang out and swim in that lake is disgusting. I understand maybe over by red bud where it's the outflow from Lake Austin but over underneath all of those bridges is some nasty ass water. 

I used to kayak down  there every weekend. Then one time I jumped in to cool off, and my skin immediately began to itch. 

Never again

Have an '80s build home with an A/C that's 20 years old. A few months ago we got new windows put in to replace the old single-pane aluminum windows. I finally bit the bullet on them because of the winters. During the big freeze, literally had ice on the interior window frames. And even in normal winters you can feel the cold radiating through them.

But damn if it might not have a bigger impact in the summer. Even in temps over 100 degrees I'm noticing that the air seems to be keeping up just fine (knock on wood). And when the sun used to shine through the window, it would mean the spot on the floor or the counter where it was shining would be warm. Now that spot is still the same temperature as spots not in the sun.

Super happy with making that swap for new windows. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Like a dumbass after a lot of beer I volunteered to help a friend set up for an Art show today. At 3PM he wants to set up. FML. 

Only good news is he is Canadian and will be more miserable than me. 

You probably should suddenly come down with Covid....ultimate get out jail trump card.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Have an '80s build home with an A/C that's 20 years old. A few months ago we got new windows put in to replace the old single-pane aluminum windows. I finally bit the bullet on them because of the winters. During the big freeze, literally had ice on the interior window frames. And even in normal winters you can feel the cold radiating through them.

But damn if it might not have a bigger impact in the summer. Even in temps over 100 degrees I'm noticing that the air seems to be keeping up just fine (knock on wood). And when the sun used to shine through the window, it would mean the spot on the floor or the counter where it was shining would be warm. Now that spot is still the same temperature as spots not in the sun.

Super happy with making that swap for new windows. 

I just pulled the trigger on similar work. Our windows are from 1902 and you can feel a stiff breeze trickling through when you walk by. Due to personnel and supply issues, I'm currently scheduled to have them replaced . . . . in late October.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

i got in the pool around 9pm last night.

air and water were the same temperature...91*

gross 😝

it was most definitely not refreshing. 

The is/used to be some big diving center (Olympic training well) in Orlando when I lived there.  They had a system to cool the water.

We used to have a black bottom pool in our last Orlando house.  Installed by the previous owner.  Vowed I'd never own another pool given how quickly algae would grow if you weren't constantly monitoring it.

Edited by Bullneck