Blastfurnace 2022

Storm the Field

On 6/24/2022 at 5:19 PM, gsoda3 said:

May was pretty hot in 2011 but it was also pretty hot this year too.

4c9a593c2b87fb085c7ba400fab8d15a.jpg

Yeah. That sucked. It was really nice in Houston almost all of April, with temps rarely going above 80 (low of 55 on April 19!). Started routinely hitting the 90's by the first weekend of May.  Just skipped straight from "late spring" to "middle of fucking summer" over the course of a week. 

We're still in June and it has already been hot as shit for close to 8 weeks with another ~13 to go (based on historical trends of when we get out first overnight low below 70).

Edited by Storm the Field

Thankfully I purchased a new more powerful and efficient window unit for my bedroom three months ago. I like to sleep as cold as possible, and we installed the old one in the kiddos room so we could run the central much warmer over the summer to save some cash. So we will all sleep well, but eating dinner in a sweat lodge was fun.

That's one of the reasons why I'm going to move to a nice condo when I retire.
I lived in a condo my last year in college. Ac went out on a Thursday night and they said the earliest they could get an ac repair guy out was Monday.

15 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Thankfully I purchased a new more powerful and efficient window unit for my bedroom three months ago. I like to sleep as cold as possible, and we installed the old one in the kiddos room so we could run the central much warmer over the summer to save some cash. So we will all sleep well, but eating dinner in a sweat lodge was fun.

That's what we did as few years ago. Our AC just can't keep up when it's over 100, but I'm not ready to spend the money for a new one. So I have a window unit in the living room, and I just ordered another one for the Bedroom.

17 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
17 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:
That's one of the reasons why I'm going to move to a nice condo when I retire.

I lived in a condo my last year in college. Ac went out on a Thursday night and they said the earliest they could get an ac repair guy out was Monday.

I said "nice condo" not some peasant-level student condo.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Wife just called and told me the power is out in our whole neighborhood and my S-I-L’s neighborhood as well.   And to top that off, the dumbass Weather Channel app said there’s a “rain shower in our area” at 4:30…there’s not a fucking cloud within 25 miles of here right now.  Fuck you ERCOT, and fuck you harder WC.   

11 hours ago, speed817 said:

My AC went out last night.  Such great timing....

Mine went out last Wednesday evening, fortunately not on a Friday night. AC guy had it running by the next afternoon.

To celebrate, I ran that bastard low all night.

My daughter came downstairs wearing a hoodie and wrapped in a blanket complaining about the temperature.

Freezing Cold Weather GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, F250 said:

Mine went out last Wednesday evening, fortunately not on a Friday night. AC guy had it running by the next afternoon.

To celebrate, I ran that bastard low all night.

My daughter came downstairs wearing a hoodie and wrapped in a blanket complaining about the temperature.

Freezing Cold Weather GIF by MOODMAN

Motor in the compressor was blown.  Replaced and $500 poorer.  No baby dolls this weekend I guess.  AC is on full blast now.  Won't have to sleep with my soft ice packs tonight. 🤣

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

JFC, it is not like any of us are in Southern Afghanistan wearing armor. Run some fans, go play UNO outside. Eat Popsicles or drink beer. 

Sorry, just tired of people talking about the heat. You live in Texas. It is hot here. Called Summer. 

Preach. I am handling it fine. 

B51C3AB6-43BF-445D-AA3D-B7422D3E0BC0.thumb.jpeg.ddd54b19839905dd733b74c7c78cd1d4.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

JFC, it is not like any of us are in Southern Afghanistan wearing armor. Run some fans, go play UNO outside. Eat Popsicles or drink beer. 

Sorry, just tired of people talking about the heat. You live in Texas. It is hot here. Called Summer. 

Are you aware of what thread you are posting in?

51 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes. Stop whining. It is Texas. It gets hot in the summer. Will bail from the thread. 

On track to be one of -- if not THE -- hottest summers on record for the area.

"Quit whining! It's always hot!" 

No. Not like this it ain't. Or at least it didn't used to be. 

47 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Bud, you will make it. Go sip some hot tea (yeah I said that) and relax.

59 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Move to Maine. I spent the afternoon helping a friend mapping caves. We drank a ton of tea before and now drinking a beer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Oh. did the heat get to you? 

First neg ever. Just for being a dick and jumping into a conversation 

Contribute or STFU. 

Good grief it was a joke, fuckface.

But I'm sooooooooooo honored to be the recipient of your first neg ever, like anyone gives a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1