Non-Texas weather. The all-encompassing thread

Parliament

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been as mild a beginning to winter up here as I can remember, which is much appreciated after last year's brutal one.

We've had about 6 inches of snow so far, and it's only been below zero a couple of times.  The forecasts have us above zero thru the next 10 days with very little chance of snow.

We'll enjoy it while we can.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/17/2022 at 7:07 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Bismarck kicked things off last week with 2 ft of snow.

Buffalo NY says hold my beer this week. Good luck to all NY posters the next couple of days. Hope your stocked up

Oh and fuck winter. Is it May yet?

r/Buffalo - 8 Genny's high in Hamburg

Photo stolen from reddit buffalo weather post

I love it when fall gets one more chance!  The snow and cold over the last couple weeks caught me off guard and I hadn't gotten to  the gutters and a big pile of leaves on the patio.  The warm weather over the past few days has given me a chance to get off my ass and finish everything that I should have done a month ago.

wind starting tonight and increasing thru tomorrow for eastern half of CO. 60-75 mph outside Denver, with 100mph gusts south towards CoSprings.

we were visiting here December last year and saw at least a dozen overturned 18 wheelers on I25 on our way home. must be common this time of year? crazy!

i hung all my wind chimes on our front and back porches... hope my neighbors don't mind a little tinkling noise 😁

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

There is a reason the Vandals left Southern Poland and wound up in North Africa. Once man evolved enough to invent the wheel, they went South where it was warm.

Gonna take a awhile to get there on my bike, but I appreciate the offer.

Edited by Parliament

19 hours ago, Parliament said:

Forecast lows in the minus-teens midweek.  Great opportunity to test out the winter cardio on the mountain bike.

Sounds like a great opportunity to get in some training runs for this http://www.arrowheadultra.com/

I used to work with a guy who did it every year, he is up to something like 15 years. I think it is insane, but maybe that is just me.

9 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

45 below right now.  Supposed to be like this for the next 2 weeks or so if you believe the forecasters.

On a positive note, the Northern Light should be spectacular.

Layer up y'all.

There can’t be enough layers.  

Feel like Tex’s words are appropriate here:
Goodbye and good luck. 

20 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Wednesday into Friday AM could be really shitty around here.  Somehow we're supposed to get anywhere from 3-9" and subzero temps.  Usually it's an either/or thing.

Right now for me three weather alerts:

Wed 6 am to 6 pm: winter storm watch, 2 to 6 inches (twss)

Thursday 12 am to Saturday noon: wind chill warning. -45 wind chills

Now until 10 am today: wind chill advisory. -45 wind chills

-45.  Do I wrap or do I drip?

Home of the world’s largest catfish AND the monument to circus dead.

LMAO. you know about the circus monument??? My wife’s cousins moved out of wahpeton last year because their kids all moved out west so they had no reason to stay. Anyways, august 2021 we went a double decker bus “one last cruise” around wahpeton so the girls could see their hangouts one last time before probably never returning unless for a reunion or whatever. Parents chose 3 stops for this cruise. First stop was the cat fish-predictable. Second stop was some bridge over the red river-cool but it’s a walking bridge. Third was the circus tent massacre monument-which the girls had no idea it even existed, and neither did I.

Sooo random of a place to stop for one last hoo-raw around town. Even more random someone on surly knows about it
  • Like 3

LMAO. you know about the circus monument??? My wife’s cousins moved out of wahpeton last year because their kids all moved out west so they had no reason to stay. Anyways, august 2021 we went a double decker bus “one last cruise” around wahpeton so the girls could see their hangouts one last time before probably never returning unless for a reunion or whatever. Parents chose 3 stops for this cruise. First stop was the cat fish-predictable. Second stop was some bridge over the red river-cool but it’s a walking bridge. Third was the circus tent massacre monument-which the girls had no idea it even existed, and neither did I.

Sooo random of a place to stop for one last hoo-raw around town. Even more random someone on surly knows about it

I’m around somewhat regularly for work and make a habit out of looking up whatever local nonsense is around. That one…. Sticks out
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

Tulsa, OK.  Mother FUCK.  45 mph north wind blew out water heater pilot at some point this morning.  Had hot water at 9 Am.  Just went to wash hands and no hot water.  Got the pilot re-lit and it's heating, but I've got ice somewhere in the line.     

Wait. Is your water heater outside? I have questions. 

Here in PA, had 3.5” snow this am and 1.5” rain tonight (and still pouring). 47 now, will be 12 by noon tomorrow with some blowing snow with those winds. Winter arrived. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces