How do we put posters on ignore?

Tbh the ignore function on this site sucks ass. I've only put a small handful of people on ignore, but every time I've just ended up removing it anyway because of the constant reminders that they have posted the forum software insists on giving me every time I scroll a thread. It would be way better if that reminder didn't exist.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Brian Fantana said:

Tbh the ignore function on this site sucks ass. I've only put a small handful of people on ignore, but every time I've just ended up removing it anyway because of the constant reminders that they have posted the forum software insists on giving me every time I scroll a thread. It would be way better if that reminder didn't exist.

That or replace the "youve chosen to ignore content from ______" with something like "____ is a fucktard and nothing they post is worth reading about"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

How do we ignore entire threads that a particular someone starts? Like I don't want to see 50 threads of shit that Ikea dumb ass is spamming the For Sale board with.

those threads are fucking gold. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Can you add a feature that ensures you don't see the person you have on ignore if they are quoted by someone else who is not on your ignore list? It's a strange loophole the system has. 

@futureman

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

Can you add a feature that ensures you don't see the person you have on ignore if they are quoted by someone else who is not on your ignore list? It's a strange loophole the system has. 

No because quotes aren’t actually linked to the poster it’s just text with a quote block around it to the software. 
it could probably eliminate anything with mentions or quotes. I can probably change the wording of what shows up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

That or replace the "youve chosen to ignore content from ______" with something like "____ is a fucktard and nothing they post is worth reading about"
I'm guessing this and the posts quoted by posters can be done with a browser script, but I'm not smart enough to write one.
  • Hook 'Em 1