Old Fashioned Hamburger Stands

48 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Ah, they moved from the San Pedro 80s location.

That was the only spot I knew.  

4F8CE39C-F9F8-49E9-BC59-32C54386B93B.jpeg

Nah, both locations existed simultaneously. I think the San Pedro location made it into the late 90's before closing. I always suspected the West Ave one was a laundering front like Fred's Fish Fry because it never had any business yet it remained open.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, F250 said:

Nah, both locations existed simultaneously. I think the San Pedro location made it into the late 90's before closing. I always suspected the West Ave one was a laundering front like Fred's Fish Fry because it never had any business yet it remained open.

Had a buddy named Fred back in the day.  Every time we drove past Fred’s Fish he’d say, “Fred’s fish, any fish you wish!”

/csb

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Had a buddy named Fred back in the day.  Every time we drove past Fred’s Fish he’d say, “Fred’s fish, any fish you wish!”

/csb

Sounds like a joke someone that went to Jefferson would make.

10 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

it has oklahoma in the title. You sir, can go fuck yourself. I will never it eat, not for free. Not for Kate Uptons breast milk. 

Angie Verona’s hotter anyway.  

Oklahoma Burger:  Nic’s Grill in OKC. 

They aren't tacos.  They are.....Chico's tacos, fried concoctions swimming in a liquidy red sauce with lots of shredded cheese.  They are an EP thing, and really only an EP thing, and I think they're awesome.  They are literally their own species of food, neither tacos nor flautas nor enchiladas.  And again, they are a great side with their burgers.

They were also briefly an Austin thing. RIP Chuco’s/Screaming Goat.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Griffs still has a couple of jiiints in Ft Worth. The last multi store chain that embraces grease.

There’s one on the Richardson/Garland border as well.  Probably ate there twice a week in high school as it was cheap af when we snuck out for lunch. It has rightfully reclaimed it’s place in my takeout rotation with the demise of Whataburger.

• Like 1

FIf you’re ever near New Haven, CT area, can’t recommend Louis Lunch enough, Top5 burger place for me... 

image.thumb.jpeg.ffc5452e77248e9ec1149306689c18bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.991ba1f3a2428999aeede574d7442527.jpeg

Ted’s is just up the highway a bit from New Haven, another good burger place... 

image.jpeg.cf6ebed2e51d4f3bae7d627d37bac4cb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.bd461a64488d25a9d88597825546171b.jpeg

Steamed gooey goodness. 

Edited by Underdog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Charley's in FW 

sDE1S3j.jpg

On 2/14/2022 at 9:38 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Went to Charley’s on Granbury for the first time in a long minute the other day. Would still rank OG Kincaid’s slightly higher, but the Project X burger was damn good. 

Also, their chili cheese fries are quite large. That’s a full-size tray. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4

Little Red Wagon was legit. They made a good CFS sandwich also. I've yet to hit up Tio Dan's yet to see if the burger is the same.

This was our go-to spot when I was growing up in SETX. Damn good burger and onion rings. Place used to be called Dippity's Donuts but I don't think I ever had a donut from there. It's closed now sadly. It was in Lumberton.

o.jpg

o.jpg

100_2637.JPG

Edited by Hmbre97

20 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

On a Williamson County jag --

Major's Burgers in Liberty Hill is very old school.  Never frozen meat.  Classic menu.  The family apparently has some other stores in Washington state.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeOdjXBlJxJpFn60_G82pkE3520n3xrEEq1Q&usqp=CAU

628365_IHs_bCTGItb4uUkYD3D1YIy-vTKBBuOthOzVxnzrsd0.jpg

Isn't that the place that used to have the storefront in the shape of a star?

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we are going general store mode in this thread, I'll add Kendalia General store on 473, just west off 281.

Where else but a Texas general store can you get a fn chainsaw and a reasonable burger under the same roof.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kendalia-general-store-kendalia

553047_455460377842292_527971237_n.jpg?_

95402142_2903247333063572_42365021309926

PXL_20210328_182251815-1024x768.jpg.webp

If we're going general store, I had a pretty good burger at the Castell General Store. 

• Hook 'Em 2