Old Fashioned Hamburger Stands

14 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I went today to Pecan Grove In the Fredericksburg area and it’s the epitome of what this thread is all about. Delicious burgers and cold beers, listening to a damn good local band under the live oak trees and the occasional rumble of a group of Harleys pulling in.  

58A0B3DF-35C7-4DD4-A46D-D405E41A4258.jpeg

Dammit. I just got home from there. Would’ve gladly tried it. 

Thanks for the rec. Definitely on the list for next time. 

3 hours ago, After irth said:

Dammit. I just got home from there. Would’ve gladly tried it. 

Thanks for the rec. Definitely on the list for next time. 

Settle in and enjoy the atmosphere. It took an hour to get our burgers. And I didn’t mind 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went Friday for the Savvy Melt and fries and fried mushrooms. The fries weren't the best but the fried mushrooms were awesome with my melt, especially after I added japs. Not a big fan of their skinny fries but, I like to save some and cook up in my eggs the next morning. 

I wonder where those Friday old car guys are gonna go to show off their cars and shoot the shit?  Angel's maybe? 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I went Friday for the Savvy Melt and fries and fried mushrooms. The fries weren't the best but the fried mushrooms were awesome with my melt, especially after I added japs. Not a big fan of their skinny fries but, I like to save some and cook up in my eggs the next morning. 

I wonder where those Friday old car guys are gonna go to show off their cars and shoot the shit?  Angel's maybe? 

They've moved the car meet to Bar620. 

Hi everyone,
Here are pictures of Bar620 where next Friday we will meet. Plenty of indoor and outdoor seating. I think everyone will be happy with this new location which is about .5 mile north of Sandeez Hamburger Hut.
They have arranged to open early at 11:00 and will have food and drinks available. Hope we have a big crowd.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 11:17 PM, TonyTexas said:

I went today to Pecan Grove In the Fredericksburg area and it’s the epitome of what this thread is all about. Delicious burgers and cold beers, listening to a damn good local band under the live oak trees and the occasional rumble of a group of Harleys pulling in.  

58A0B3DF-35C7-4DD4-A46D-D405E41A4258.jpeg

it's a great spot, mostly locals there too. just don't be in a hurry and you are good to go.

tip: look at menu ahead of time, write your groups order down and order all at once. makes it way easier across the board.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2023 at 8:25 AM, Deej said:

I still have a menu hanging up in my office.

20230104_082105.jpg

Interesting that the Combo#1 ($5.70) is more expensive than the items sold separately (3.15+1.25+1.00=$5.40), if I'm reading the menu correctly. I know, I have way too much free time today!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fwtxbevo said:

Interesting that the Combo#1 ($5.70) is more expensive than the items sold separately (3.15+1.25+1.00=$5.40), if I'm reading the menu correctly. I know, I have way too much free time today!

Don't know if it's still that way, but Chic-fil-a used to do this.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 12:01 PM, Texzilla58 said:

Growing up there was one on Meadowbrook Dr in east Ft Worth. It was closed years ago and was a variety of hamburger stands. Last iteration was a Vietnamese owned catfish and chicken joint. Closed when the Walmart market closed.

Also one on East Berry which became a barbecue sammich place years ago.