Texas @ West Virginia Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, zlavydra said:

So that's how you cut down your swing and still hit the ball hard with 2 strikes.

3 true outcomes dude...get outta here with you wanting us to "shorten up and go get it."  Charlie Lau/1970's called and want their hitting strategy back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

3 true outcomes dude...get outta here with you wanting us to "shorten up and go get it."  Charlie Lau/1970's called and want their hitting strategy back.

Like I commented, assuming radio pbp guy is correct, we have the top 3 HR hitters in the B12. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Like I commented, assuming radio pbp guy is correct, we have the top 3 HR hitters in the B12. 

He's correct. I don't mind swinging for the fences - it works quite a bit. There are certain situations that warrant altering the batter's approach. That's all.

Just now, zlavydra said:

He's correct. I don't mind swinging for the fences - it works quite a bit. There are certain situations that warrant altering the batter's approach. That's all.

I was kinda joking.  

4 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Strikeouts Game 26—Buddy Schultz, Miami (OH) vs. Wright St., April 3, 1971

yep. while looking this up I saw this

Innings Pitched in a Game.  BOTH pitchers went 20 innings.  fucking nuts. ended in 1-1 tie because of darkness. article says they pitchers think they threw about 700 pitches combined including warm up and between innings.

20.0—Jeff Gingrich, San Jose St. vs. Long Beach St., March 30, 1973; Ruben Patton, Long Beach St. vs. San Jose St., March 30,