Housekeeping

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

Austin.  2300 sqft 3/2.5 house.  We'd been paying $150 every clean.  She just upped her price to $70/hour so we're looking for another cleaner now.  How much are you guys paying? 

$70/hr? That’s insanity. We pay $150 every clean for 3,500sf 3/3.5 in Houston. One of our neighbors that uses the same lady talked to us this weekend about proactively bumping it up $20 per clean to account for inflation and we will probably do that.

If you have kids, make them earn their keep. 

We do a 60-minute all hands on deck cleaning every Sunday. We can vacuum and mop all floors, clean all bathrooms, clean the kitchen, and dust every surface in that time. We’ve all got our assigned tasks and have gotten really efficient.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

Austin.  2300 sqft 3/2.5 house.  We'd been paying $150 every clean.  She just upped her price to $70/hour so we're looking for another cleaner now.  How much are you guys paying? 

You got a flat fee of $150 before and now she’s going to an hourly rate?  

Why?

We do a 60-minute all hands on deck cleaning every Sunday. We can vacuum and mop all floors, clean all bathrooms, clean the kitchen, and dust every surface in that time. We’ve all got our assigned tasks and have gotten really efficient.

Nice, double wide ?

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

You got a flat fee of $150 before and now she’s going to an hourly rate?  

Why?

she gave us an option of $275 per clean or $70 / hour.  as to the why, she referenced the higher prices of everything going up which is sus since the only rise in her costs are gas and whatever cleaning materials she uses.  basically i'm taking it to mean the austin market can sustain those insane prices.

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

she gave us an option of $275 per clean or $70 / hour.  as to the why, she referenced the higher prices of everything going up which is sus since the only rise in her costs are gas and whatever cleaning materials she uses.  basically i'm taking it to mean the austin market can sustain those insane prices.

What's the discount if you don't 1099-misc. her?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

What's the discount if you don't 1099-misc. her?

hah it's already straight cash. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Is that a single person cleaning asking for $70/hr??  If a crew then they shouldn't need more than 2hrs so would be a push.

single person.  which is why i'm wondering what everyone else is paying. 

Do you have to buy the windex?

We pay $160 every other week for a woman who does an excellent job, takes about 4 hours for a 3,400/4 house, and has a pretty big commute.  Looks just like Consuela so no pics.  

She recently asked for an increase from $140 due to gas/inflation and we were fine with it…prior lady did $120 but was never in time, flakey and disappeared without communication right after Covid kicked off.  

On 5/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, gsoda3 said:

In South Austin I pay $150 per cleaning, just once a month.  I think the price per comes down If I did every other week.  LetKelly is the service I use.  I'm happy with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Homercles said:

Do you have to buy the windex?

We pay $160 every other week for a woman who does an excellent job, takes about 4 hours for a 3,400/4 house, and has a pretty big commute.  Looks just like Consuela so no pics.  

She recently asked for an increase from $140 due to gas/inflation and we were fine with it…prior lady did $120 but was never in time, flakey and disappeared without communication right after Covid kicked off.  

is this in austin?

We lost our favorite cleaning lady and her crew.  La jeffe bought new boobs and butt implants.  She leveled up to a rich boyfriend and doesn’t have to clean houses anymore. 

Our replacement crew is not as good or nice. $120 every two weeks for 2300sf. 

On 5/11/2022 at 2:23 PM, gsoda3 said:

Does your housekeeper drive a Lambo?