Dear Texas, we need to have a conversation about Louie Gohmert

Hugo Stiglitz

So I'm old enough to remember a guy named Jim Hightower.  Jim was the guy the Dems put put into the Ag Commissioner spot that was the final nail that made people realize that the Dems had lost touch with the populace, and it was why we started to see more people finally quit being yellow dog dems and flip to Republicans in enough mass to change us to a reliably red state.  Could Gomer be the equivalent on the right?  Could enough smart people finally get pushed to far when faced with a raging moron as the top lawyer in the state?  I hope so.

The presumption of “enough smart people” is problematic for me. It assumes a cohort that may not exist.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

i mean they were ALL attacked on 1/6 and i'm pretty sure the condemnation of that is still ongoing. you're welcome. 

200 (3).gif

This is what I don't get.  If Gohmert or Roy or Biggsgot caught out in a hallway that day with a mob, do they really think the rioters would have stopped to say "Oh, you're a Republican who is with us?"  

Wait don't answer.   I'm pretty sure they would have.  

On 11/9/2021 at 8:15 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Gohmert still has plenty of connections.  I'd be surprised if he didn't already have the $1 million lined up, and was just trying to get the rank-and-file Republicans who don't care for Paxton and the others to chip in more.

4 hours ago, Satchel said:

It's official. He’s raised the one million and is running for AG. 

I still think he had it already lined up.

• 6 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So I'm old enough to remember a guy named Jim Hightower.  Jim was the guy the Dems put put into the Ag Commissioner spot that was the final nail that made people realize that the Dems had lost touch with the populace, and it was why we started to see more people finally quit being yellow dog dems and flip to Republicans in enough mass to change us to a reliably red state.  Could Gomer be the equivalent on the right?  Could enough smart people finally get pushed to far when faced with a raging moron as the top lawyer in the state?  I hope so.

So, Texans found Jim Hightower off putting only to replace him with the likes of Sid Miller?

On 6/5/2022 at 1:01 AM, jimmyjazz said:

BA A&M, JD Baylor

The gold standard of dumbfuckery

And a member of a Southern Baptist church in Tyler, Texas. No way you can be all these things without being an unadulterated asshole.

This is the kind of person that is 100% confident in their shitty opinions.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...

Why do idiots like Gohmert think doctors are just waiting in the wings rubbing their legs like crickets at the opportunity to perform an abortion?  I almost think it's just a performance, but then I remember he's a real life Gomer Pyle who can be convinced of anything that isn't reality.

NGL, Louie fascinates me.  I would pay money to see a documentary that just followed him around for a day and showed him just doing everyday things, such as using a can opener, finding Apple+ on his TV's menu, going to a grocery store, etc.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't believe that Diamond and Silk have any money to promote their name on google.
And also terrifying that our reps want to regulate technology based on anecdotal stories from D&S.

Why do you think we need to accept cookies on every single fucking page. Some 90 year old cuck thought we were feeding kids gay Oreos.
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 6:47 AM, Chad Fuck said:

The presumption of “enough smart people” is problematic for me. It assumes a cohort that may not exist.

Be that as it may, I’m not sure smart is the exact problem. Some conventionally smart people embrace Trump. It seems not to be all about intelligence but a deficit of another kind. Decency? Humanity? Honesty?

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Be that as it may, I’m not sure smart is the exact problem. Some conventionally smart people embrace Trump. It seems not to be all about intelligence but a deficit of another kind. Decency? Humanity? Honesty?

Yes.  Some are dumb, some are smart, but they all lack basic human decency.  Every one of them.

• 5 weeks later...