is there a console that allows you to play classic, 80's/90's games?

shadow_operative

1) do you have an eye patch?

2) do you know how to use an emulator 

3) ???

4) profit!

But yeah the classic consoles are a nice solution (that are actually just running an emulator + ROMs under the cover) or using the switch online service gets you damn near all the hits from NES + SNES.

If you still have carts, something like a Retron can play them all natively off the cart and even output HDMI for modern TV's. It'll even let you dump the carts to your PC, depending on if there's any custom circuitry or superFX chip on the cart

• Haha 1

Look up building a raspberry pi game console. I did this about 5 years ago. Total cost was like $100. You can then download thousands of ROMs for free for any console ever produced. There are websites with detailed instructions. It honestly took like 2 hours total.

Or you can buy one of many that are already assembled with games installed on Amazon like this one.

Kinhank Super Console X PRO Video Game Console Built in 41,000+ Games,2 Gamepads,Game Consoles for 4K TV Support HD Output,Support 5 Players,LAN/WiFi,Gifts for Men Who Have Everything (PRO-128G) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08TQJZD21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JY7V4Y5G7H8NY1MN492F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/11/2022 at 11:11 PM, CooterBrown said:

Look up building a raspberry pi game console. I did this about 5 years ago. Total cost was like $100. You can then download thousands of ROMs for free for any console ever produced. There are websites with detailed instructions. It honestly took like 2 hours total.

Or you can buy one of many that are already assembled with games installed on Amazon like this one.

Kinhank Super Console X PRO Video Game Console Built in 41,000+ Games,2 Gamepads,Game Consoles for 4K TV Support HD Output,Support 5 Players,LAN/WiFi,Gifts for Men Who Have Everything (PRO-128G) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08TQJZD21/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JY7V4Y5G7H8NY1MN492F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Winner winner. Did similar with the nvidia shield. It’s the best solution