NFL catch-all thread?

closetohumping

• 2 weeks later...

I see where Aaron Donald is threatening to retire if he cant come to a new deal with the Rams. Says its not about the money, at least I think thats what he's trying to say here...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34013832/aaron-donald-peace-career-no-deal-los-angeles-rams-reached

"It ain't about the money, it's a business at the end of the day," Donald, 31, said on the podcast hosted by former NFL players Brandon Marshall, Adam "Pacman" Jones and LeSean McCoy. "That's what you've got to see. For me, it's about winning. I don't want to play football if I can't win anyway, so I feel like ... if I got a real opportunity to win another Super Bowl, then it makes sense to play. But again, it's still a business. We've got to handle the business side of things, and if that wasn't to get handled then, you know, it is what it is type of situation. I'll be fine regardless."

He's 3 years into a 6 year contract that was the largest ever for a defensive player at the time it was signed. I wont comment on whether he's worth more money because I really dont follow the NFL and salary cap issues to that degree. Its also a free country and he's got all the money he needs, so he can do whatever he wants. But it just cracks me that he claims its not about the money. Just call it like it is Aaron, and see if you have the leverage you think you do. 

Cant wait for this BS to play out in the college ranks with annual NIL "negotiations" 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, people seem to forget that Kaepernick was not a very effective QB for the final 3 or so years he was in the NFL.

In 2014, he was 8-8 as a starter, closing out the season with a 1-4 record.  In 2015, he was 2-6 as a starter and was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert.  In 2016, he replaced Gabbert and finished 1-9 as a starter.  His kneeling protests started in Sept 2016, so the 49ers played him - as a starter - for at least 10 games after his protests began.  And, they benched him in 2015 - BEFORE his protests began.  In total, the 49ers were 4-19 in the final 23 games Kaepernick played as a starter.