NFL catch-all thread?

closetohumping

• 2 weeks later...
The NFL does not like tampering  This relates to Tom Brady, Sean Payton pursuit  

Ross is a doofus that deserves this. Yet somehow Snyder hasn’t been really punished for basically running his cheerleader squad like a cat house. Oh yeah that’s just mistreating womenfolk. No worries!

The NFL does not like tampering  This relates to Tom Brady, Sean Payton pursuit  

Ross is a doofus that deserves this. Yet somehow Snyder hasn’t been really punished for basically running his cheerleader squad like a cat house. Oh yeah that’s just mistreating womenfolk. No worries!

I can say that again!

Sexually assaulting 24+ women means you get a 6 game suspension and less than $400k in lost salary, but by gawd if you speak to a pending free agent’s agent before the first day of free agency, we’re going to ass blast your franchise to the tune of a 1st and 3rd round pick!

• Hook 'Em 2

The league is appealing the Watson decision. Goodell can now do whatever the fuck he wants to do. So it will likely end up in federal court. NFLPA will defend the pervert; does jack shit for broken down old vets.

Supposedly the league went from year minimum to 12 games and big ass fine. Goodell likely will settle for the numbers of the best of the 66 massage therapists.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On the NFL Network right now is the Cowboys @ 49ers NFC Championship Game and it’s down to the final Dallas possession.

I did not remember the Wright horse collar tackle on Pearson and then the fumble by Danny White on the next play.  

i don’t mention that to rub any salt  because the Steelers Dynasty had already turned its last page.

What an amazing game

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 10:14 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

Sexually assaulting 24+ women means you get a 6 game suspension and less than $400k in lost salary, but by gawd if you speak to a pending free agent’s agent before the first day of free agency, we’re going to ass blast your franchise to the tune of a 1st and 3rd round pick!

Sexually assaulting 24+ women? I'm guessing his prison sentence more than makes up for the light 6 game suspension. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:30 PM, closetohumping said:

Lots of unhappiness about Lamar being left out of top 10. 1C555451-C25D-4DC8-BCBE-E6ACB7010CDD.thumb.jpeg.021d779fb1088a1e8eee4db67c556093.jpeg

He's 37-12 as (1-3 in playoffs) a starter. And 18-9 the last two seasons including 7-5 last year. Overall those are good numbers but, last year was not special.

I don't care much for the "disrespect" argument because Rodgers, has won a Super Bowl. Mahomes has won a Super Bowl. Tom Brady has won a shit ton of Super Bowls. Matt Stafford has just won a Super Bowl. Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl.

Do they take issue with Josh Allen and his 39-21 record as a starter? He's thrown for over 14,000 yards and over 100 TDs.

Is Jackson better than Burrow? No, he's not.

Justin Herbert? In 32 total games Herbert has thrown for just 500 fewer yards than Jackson's 9,880. In 21 fewer games Herbert has thrown for 69 TDs to Jackson's 84.

Better than Russell Wilson? At the moment, perhaps because Wilson was 6-8 as a starter last year.

I'm not certain I'd have put Watson in that top-10 due to the fact that he hasn't played since the disastrous 2020 season. I think they have started the same amount of games, 53, and Watson's record is 28-25 so yeah, Jackson has an edge. But Watson has thrown for almost 5,000 more yards in the same number of games. So, I don't know if you can put Jackson over Watson, even with the edge in record as a starter.

As for Prescott, 53-32 as a starter. over 22,000 yards with 143 TDs. So no, I don't think you can put Jackson above Prescott.

Is Jackson going to make more runs and scrambles that are featured on the highlights? Yes. But he is also going to get hit a ton, and eventually, hurt.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

He's 37-12 as (1-3 in playoffs) a starter. And 18-9 the last two seasons including 7-5 last year. Overall those are good numbers but, last year was not special.

I don't care much for the "disrespect" argument because Rodgers, has won a Super Bowl. Mahomes has won a Super Bowl. Tom Brady has won a shit ton of Super Bowls. Matt Stafford has just won a Super Bowl. Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl.

Do they take issue with Josh Allen and his 39-21 record as a starter? He's thrown for over 14,000 yards and over 100 TDs.

Justin Herbert? In 32 total games Herbert has thrown for just 500 fewer yards than Jackson's 9,880. In 21 fewer games Herbert has thrown for 69 TDs to Jackson's 84.

Better than Russell Wilson? At the moment, perhaps because Wilson was 6-8 as a starter last year.

I'm not certain I'd have put Watson in that top-10 due to the fact that he hasn't played since the disastrous 2020 season. I think they have started the same amount of games, 53, and Watson's record is 28-25 so yeah, Jackson has an edge. But Watson has thrown for almost 5,000 more yards in the same number of games. So, I don't know if you can put Jackson over Watson, even with the edge in record as a starter.

As for Prescott, 53-32 as a starter. over 22,000 yards with 143 TDs. So no, I don't think you can put Jackson above Prescott.

Is Jackson going to make more runs and scrambles that are featured on the highlights? Yes. But he is also going to get hit a ton, and eventually, hurt.

But Watson played for the Texans.  I think I likely take Watson over Jackson.  

I am not opposed to having Lamar as my QB, but I think I can find ten guys bewtter.

7 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

On the NFL Network right now is the Cowboys @ 49ers NFC Championship Game and it’s down to the final Dallas possession.

I did not remember the Wright horse collar tackle on Pearson and then the fumble by Danny White on the next play.  

i don’t mention that to rub any salt  because the Steelers Dynasty had already turned its last page.

What an amazing game

For your sake, I hope there aren't any old Oiler fans here.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

But Watson played for the Texans.  I think I likely take Watson over Jackson.  

I am not opposed to having Lamar as my QB, but I think I can find ten guys bewtter.

For your sake, I hope there aren't any old Oiler fans here.

I didn't want to slam the Texans too much, even if it is deserved.

I concur.

As for the Oilers, I have stated before that I enjoyed the Steelers/Oilers games and very much respected the Oilers.

Your Pittsburg is showing…

You do realize that the Ravens were THE most injured team in the league last year, much of it coming before the season even started, right?

Despite that, Lamar had them winning games and within inches of many more before the injuries finally wore the team down.

Hollar at me when Burrow and Herbert win unanimous MVPs… but Watson? GTFO here with that noise. Dude will be lucky to see the field ever again, but if he does I sure as fuck hope it’s in Cleveland.

Lamar is about to put some hurt on the league this year and further destroy the thin lines of argument that you and others regurgitate.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What an amazing game

That was a pivotal game for the cowboys and the nfl. Nfl network had a show with Dameshak that discussed pivotal events in league history. This game was featured and there a bunch of stuff it lead to, and other stuff that likely happened had the Cowboys won. Landry should have retired after that one.

10 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Your Pittsburg is showing…

You do realize that the Ravens were THE most injured team in the league last year, much of it coming before the season even started, right?

Despite that, Lamar had them winning games and within inches of many more before the injuries finally wore the team down.

Hollar at me when Burrow and Herbert win unanimous MVPs… but Watson? GTFO here with that noise. Dude will be lucky to see the field ever again, but if he does I sure as fuck hope it’s in Cleveland.

Lamar is about to put some hurt on the league this year and further destroy the thin lines of argument that you and others regurgitate.

PittsburgH. You forgot the H.

I would just say that you seem to be letting your Baltimore show. I'm not sure but, I don't think what I wrote was a ringing endorsement for Watson over Jackson.

Do they actually give you wins for being "within inches of many more"? Also, I didn't realize that Baltimore was the only team in the NFL to have injuries impact their season.

I'd say the numbers for Burrow and Herbert are in their favor. I think they are both very good QBs, and yes, last season they were better than Jackson.

We shall see if Jackson does indeed put some hurt on the league. I don't hate the guy. I don't root for him, or his team. His MVP was three years ago. A lot changes in three years. 

We'll see.

Yes, all teams have injuries… what Baltimore endured last season had more quantifiable impact than any other team in the league… and it wasn’t close.

Also, the weapon differential on offense for Baltimore, LAC and Cinci is laughable. Easy to argue that Lamar does more with less.

We’ll see how it shakes this season but I predict that BAL is back in the playoffs, Cinci takes a step back and LAC continues to be irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 1