EPL 2018-19

Goo Punch

58 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Mourinho is such an assclown. Must be miserable to be a man united fan with that douche running the club. 

i gotta say it's been pretty hilarious and satisfying to have essentially traded alexis for micki (not a fair swap) only to watch micki thrive at arsenal while alexis is just another cog in jose's misery machine. unlike many arsenal fans i still like alexis, but he's getting what he bargained for.

Edited by Goo Punch

Not strictly EPL, but a little early for the cup threads.

Turner announces final details on the Champions/Europa broadcasts.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2018/07/31/br-live-reveals-pricing-plans-champions-league-europa-league-coverage/

In a seismic shift in how consumers are offered UEFA Champions League and Europa League matches in the United States, the only Europa League game featured on television will be the final (on TNT and B/R Live on May 29). Meanwhile, TNT will televise 46 UEFA Champions League games throughout the season. That’s in stark contrast to FOX Sports’ coverage of the Champions League where they showed 146 games per season on television. For the Europa League, FOX Sports had 205 Europa League matches on TV compared to TNT’s one.

There's this part above it:

Turner Sports has announced pricing details and more coverage plans for its B/R Live streaming service, which will be broadcasting every single game of the 2018/19 UEFAChampions League and Europa League competitions to viewers in the United States.

The pricing plans range from individual matches ($2.99 per game), a monthly subscription ($9.99) or an annual plan ($79.99).

With a subscription to the streaming service, you’ll have access to more than 340 live Champions League and Europa League games per season including everything from the Group Stage (beginning in September) through to the finals (in late May and early June). B/R Live also streams select matches from the Scottish Premiership, Belgium Jupiler League, Polish Cup and Swiss Cup. Bleacher Report Live is available online, as well as by downloading the B/R Live app through iTunes or Google Play, and/or via Apple TV, the Roku platform and Amazon Fire TV.

5 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Sunderland is already in League 1.Finished 20th in the EPL in 2017, and 24th and the Championship in 2018. 

Ellis Short completely fucked up running that club. He ended up selling the club for £40m and agreeing to pay off £135m in debts. The new owner formerly owned Eastleigh FC (5th English division). Good chance they win League One this year.

15 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Not a business expert but that doesn't seem like a sound strategy. 

He wanted to change the name from Hull City AFC to Hull Tigers for marketing purposes. The fans got pissed and he told them to fuck off. He’s been trying to sell the club for a while.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Is this what Mourinho will be saying to United fans after he sells off all the young attacking talent and quits because he’s pissed off the entire locker room?

Not sure yet.  Only young attacker that I've seen that is rumored to leave is Anthony Martial.  I'm just having fun with it right now because I honestly don't know what to expect this upcoming season.  Hoping for Alexis to find his groove that's for sure.

On 7/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, 406W30th said:

Lets all hope and pray Mou stays at ManU forever. 

They are a fanbase and manger that deserve each other.  A beautiful match made in hell that I truly hope has a bottom ten in the table implosion.  Fuck him and fuck them.

arsenal is a total wildcard this year. our attack and midfield should be straight, but we definitely have questions at the back and at keeper. man u is combustible right now; they'll either come together and win the league or fail to finish top 4 imo. hoping/leaning towards the latter. city and liverpool should be one and two aside from major injuries. tottenham don't seem super ambitious this summer, definitely could cost them. dele alli hasn't been all that great for like a year now, and Kane can't score every single goal. tottenham seems like a team vulnerable to one big injury- kane, lloris, even erikson or son would really hurt. should be an interesting year at the top. for now i'll go with 

city

liverpool

arsenal

chelsea

tottenham

united 

Edited by Goo Punch