2022 Summer Transfer Window

MoJames

18 hours ago, sidis said:

i really do not understand tottenham's thinking on richarlison.  he's a nice player, but that is just silly.

now to what 50 million pounds can buy...preferably someone who can play more than a few games a year.

16 hours ago, midtown said:

If you think that's odd imagine signing his Brazilian back up for a similar amount.

He can spell Kane or Son. He can play wing. Spurs need depth in the middle vs running Kane into the ground esp fighting on four fronts

Pretty much this. European teams are going to need depth this year to not be cut to shreds.

I also think they got beat to the punch on some of the other targets and they had to move on Richarlison.

That said, if your question is that is too much money - I don't disagree.

Barça's problem is that they can't pay for Raphinha sooner than for Lewandowski. The club is clear that Lewandowski must be the first signing to be closed - if possible, next week so that he does not return to Munich. It is a moral issue.

So as astutely put by a reddit poster... "This is so fucking funny. Unless raphinha is willing to completely abandon his move to us, wait up to two months to see if Barca can actually get the money, and then hope they pay Leeds up front, this isn’t going to happen."

So Raphinha wants Barca, Leeds has accepted a 60m pound offer from Chelsea, not accepted the 50m pound offer from Barca.

De Ligt is back and forth between Chelsea and Bayern move depending on the source.

No one knows what is going on with Kounde.

Sterling appears likely but who knows.

We have now been linked to both Neymar and Ronaldo (no thanks).

Ziyech apparently to Milan.

And to throw a bit more chaos into talks, Barcelona apparently no longer wants Alonso.

What an odd transfer season.

Hah.

[Raphael Honigstein, The Athletic] Timestamp 24:34: Bayern Munich have told FC Barcelona they don't want any installments in any deal for Robert Lewandowski and that they want all the money upfront in cash because Bayern believes that FC Barcelona won't exist in "one or two years time"

Link

• Haha 4

what in the ever loving fuck is everton doing this window?  we have one scrub ass transfer in from burnley and 5 transfers out on the first team (including the best player).  one first team loan out and no loans in.  is the front office on fucking holiday?  you just got 60 million of levy's pounds...go do something with it.  how is one supposed to support this team?

1705908309_Screenshot2022-07-14172540.thumb.png.fdf7fcd2dd42b67cbfff4b3e2c10d60d.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

what in the ever loving fuck is everton doing this window?  we have one scrub ass transfer in from burnley and 5 transfers out on the first team (including the best player).  one first team loan out and no loans in.  is the front office on fucking holiday?  you just got 60 million of levy's pounds...go do something with it.  how is one supposed to support this team?

1705908309_Screenshot2022-07-14172540.thumb.png.fdf7fcd2dd42b67cbfff4b3e2c10d60d.png

I thought you were a ManU fan. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You have to pm MoJames a pic of your dick if you want to be a Chelsea fan. We all did it.

i'm trying to somehow tie in a "pm derka" for arsenal joke off this but i just can't seem to get there.  it's friday afternoon, i'm done.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Barca is just like the Lakers. They get bailed out of their own piss-fucking-poor management because they're such a huge brand. Lewa can fuck off for that shit. I mean not a hot take here I hate BM anyway. 

I hate Real more than any other team, so I am good for this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/14/2022 at 5:28 PM, sidis said:

not getting any better... lost to the Loons today

On 7/23/2022 at 8:05 PM, ztejas said:

Oof. Missed this. Minny is a mid-table MLS team. I get it's a friendly but that's a tough result for ol' Everton. They seem like they might flirt with relegation again. 

How could they not? They finished 16th last year, got lucky as fuck to avoid relegation, and in addressing the problem, they have sold their best player and done absolutely nothing to shore up the rest of the weaknesses permeating the team, much less even sought to replace that offensive loss as noted above. And despite Frank barely yanking us out of the Rafa death spiral, he certainly ain’t an Ancelloti.

it is almost like management so greatly enjoyed the overwhelming fan energy from avoiding relegation that they decided they want to try and give it another whirl. They are gonna suck bad. 

Luis Suarez maybe to MLS. LAFC and Seattle a top the rumors. Would be interesting, 35 years old and feel like he still has something in the tank but that age isn’t always friendly coming over here.

So about all that spending that Barca did ...

He’s gone!