Your Favorite Song

Chico_SA

On 5/26/2022 at 9:04 AM, Buzzrock said:

Yeah favorite song, like favorite artist/band, is kind of an honorary title. You just have to put something there even if it’s not always at the top.

I posted my favorite song and it’s not a placeholder. It’s my favorite song. I have a wide variety of musical tastes but that’s the one.

This, otoh, isn’t my favorite song, but it’s the title track on my favorite album (and it’s not the best song on the album...I’m not even sure which song on the album is).

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Faith No More's cover of War Pigs was awesome. That whole album was amazing, one of the best of that era. I think My favorite song on that album is "Surprise, You're Dead!"

Doug, I can dig it. I really can, because I am a huge FNM fan. They were my first concert (upstaging Metallica and GNR at the ‘Dome) my second concert (at the unicorn with Kyuss) and perhaps my last large venue concert supporting their last album. I Fucking love them. It’s a great cover and the one Jimmy posted is pretty solid too, but neither capture the menacing vibe nor the power of the original or the performance in Paris. Bill and geezer were so locked in and throwing it down, I bet led zeppelin considered quitting music altogether.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not a big Sabbath guy, but man I love that song.  I know this isn't a covers thread, but in the spirit of the times and this shitty year, here's a great cover,  RIP Taylor.  Fuck.

Needs more guitars. 

• 1 month later...

I assume that's a young Eddy on guitar -- seems like he took a lot of his sartorial cues from his dad over the years.  Short hair & vest in that video, later longer hair.

What a shame he didn't make it out of his addiction.  That dude could play.