2022 PGA Championship at Southern Hills

4 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Fleetwood hasn't gotten a tour win yet? I'm a little surprised.

He's a big name that isn't a particularly great player. A little Rickie-esque (although Fowler had some nice wins back in the day).

I'm a JT fan but I don't love backdoor major wins. Would be cool to see Mito hang on and close this thing. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does he play the full pga season or just big tourneys?

Without looking it up, he spends more time on the European circuit than say, Rory. But he still plays enough PGA events that you would rightly expect him to have won by now, given his game.  

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

He's a big name that isn't a particularly great player. A little Rickie-esque (although Fowler had some nice wins back in the day).

I'm a JT fan but I don't love backdoor major wins. Would be cool to see Mito hang on and close this thing. 

I don’t consider it backdooring when he is only a couple holes ahead of the leaders and playing in the same conditions, but playing better than them. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If JT makes that for birdie on 18, I don't think this would count as a backdoor. The course is playing hard and JT has gone out and taken it.

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I think JT might shoot a 65 or lower today.  This course is set up for a lower final round score today.

Would be awesome to see a 63

Damn... JT with a 67 matches lowest Rd on the course.  Just missed shooting a 66