Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

I would understand if this involved a lower level program like Western Kentucky or Texas A&M but an Alabama vs Texas matchup just screams night game. Is this what we have to look forward to in the SEC? 

The SEC TV partner isn't Fox, so yes, we do have that to look forward to in the SEC.

Fox is the only network who puts their best matchup of the week at 11 AM.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Since this summer is setting up like 2011 I'll have you know that on September 10, 2011 the high was 99 degrees.  On 9/12/11 AND 9/13/11 it got to 104.  Start hydrating now.  

Yep...  It's almost following the script..    It will be 125 degrees plus on that turf.....    Even if we played a 7PM kickoff it will likely be hot as hell both in the stands and field.   Warm beer sucks.

What a waste of what could have been such a great night game.  Plus, as it will no doubt be balls hot at kick off, let's go ahead and get ready for all of the shots of the empty end zone as all of those fan$ will be inside at the buffet with the AC.  Perhaps we could cut the AC in there too while we are doing the same to the Fox booth?

how did we get LSU at night in 2019?

SEC would probably be the 2:30 kick but at least we'd have a chance at a night game.

Edit: also, no one gives a fuck about Big Noon Kickoff on Fox

Edited by dcar00

52 minutes ago, mdleast said:

get ready for all of the shots of the empty end zone as all of those fan$ will be inside

It could be a perfect 72 degree day with zero humidity and this would be the case. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Since this summer is setting up like 2011 I'll have you know that on September 10, 2011 the high was 99 degrees.  On 9/12/11 AND 9/13/11 it got to 104.  Start hydrating now.  

What year was it (right about that time, during the big drought) when it got up to 112 on Labor Day? We were out looking at new cars that day, and it was so hot it made my head hurt. Went home, watched the weather, and they said it had hit 112. Unreal. /csb

Edited by wood

47 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Need to get the same AC tech for visitors locker room that we had for LSU (although I’m sure Saban already has the portable units loaded up). 

If they ask for BBQ sandwiches, it needs to be Bill Millers

Adding, a loss to Kansas at home vs losing to alabama at home in under a year is more than a few players and coaches away from a win against alabama. It will be a bloodbath. Keeping it within 21 is a victory. If anybody is upset with a loss is delusional.

7 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

This.....it's awful in the stands for the fans....as well....if Alabama vs Texas can't get a decent air time....nobody can.  That would literally suck.  Fuck fox.

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep...  It's almost following the script..    It will be 125 degrees plus on that turf.....    Even if we played a 7PM kickoff it will likely be hot as hell both in the stands and field.   Warm beer sucks.

Let our cheerleaders go topless and stand over by the Bama sidelines.