Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

We’ve got serious weapons on offense, we’re not getting blown out & it’ll likely be a one score game. We’ll also likely lose to 2 shitty teams we shouldn’t like UTSA or Kansas. Texas Football. 

I hate to agree with this, but it sounds about right.  Like 2019 Texas getting within 7 of eventual champion LSU but also dropping 4 other games.  So, fuck, your scenario shows improvement.

2 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

I’m still (irrationally) clinging to fact that neither school has made an announcement or listed a kickoff time on their official athletics sites…unless I missed something?

CDC knows how much incremental $$$ is at stake for a primetime kick (even his pregame concert + carnival gong show doesn’t work with 11am), so maybe a miracle can occur.

The schools have no control of the kickoff times. It's all decided by TV.

(see OU AD's angry letter to FOX last year when their game vs Nebraska was announced for noon)

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I question this list as I recall the '99 NC State game being an evening game.  Maybe the day was hot, but life is a million times better when the sun goes down (although not on that day #*%$&!!).

The Stanford game a week later - which does not appear on the list - was the single most miserably hot game I have ever attended.  Just brutal.

correct.  Stanford was the one where they had so many people passing out they ran out of medical beds.

44 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

image.png.5e0e378bb0c0b07733b89f0a13ff2909.png

you'll have to give him a break, he's uppity, as he's used to listening to English Soccer announcers and east coast American journalists trying to act smart by saying/writing, "the data are.."  Oh, and he's got small man disease as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is an age thing. 

Languages are fluid and from when my parents learned grammar to when I learned grammar to when I studied to teach English as a second language (15 years ago) to now, changes have occurred and that is one that (I believe) has changed along the way. 

Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania have all remained in the Eastern Time Zone during this time.

I have never approved of the British custom of using plural verbs with singular nouns.  It has crept into frequent use in broadcasting American sports, as in "The Crimson Tide were looking forward to the Texas game until it was announced as an 11:00 CDT kickoff."

No sir, I don't like it.  Not a bit.

As in . . .

Jeanine Pettibone- this is spinal tap | New hair, Fashion film, Hair

"The ohdience wuh loffing."

8 This is Spinal Tap ideas | spinal, good movies, favorite movies

13 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

We're gonna get fucking destroyed. Won't be a game by 1130am. 

What the fuck happened to the Surly I used to know?

Where's the spirit?

Where's the guts, huh?

This could be the greatest night of our lives ...

but you're gonna let it be the worst.

Oh, we're afraid to believe we are gonna kick their ass Bluto. We might get in trouble!

Well just kiss me ass from now on!

Not ME! I'm not gonna take this!

Bama? DEAD!

• Hook 'Em 4

31 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I have never approved of the British custom of using plural verbs with singular nouns.  It has crept into frequent use in broadcasting American sports, as in "The Crimson Tide were looking forward to the Texas game until it was announced as an 11:00 CDT kickoff."

No sir, I don't like it.  Not a bit.

As in . . .

Jeanine Pettibone- this is spinal tap | New hair, Fashion film, Hair

"The ohdience wuh loffing."

8 This is Spinal Tap ideas | spinal, good movies, favorite movies

at least we will get to hear the game in Doubly.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The most stupid statement in all of that is the assertion that Rutgers pulls in any of the NYC market. Only motherfuckers who give a shit about Rutgers football don’t live in the city, they live off of Exit WhoGivesAFuck two blocks from where they grew up…

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

The most stupid statement in all of that is the assertion that Rutgers pulls in any of the NYC market. Only motherfuckers who give a shit about Rutgers football don’t live in the city, they live off of Exit WhoGivesAFuck two blocks from where they grew up…

Well I’ll have you know that Jackie Aprile Jr. is taking premed courses at Rutgers

• Hook 'Em 1

Honestly, Big Noon Kickoff aside, why would they not put the game on in primetime?  Is there another game on ESPN/ABC that would threaten those ratings?  They would get more TV eyeballs at 6/7p central than 11a central so why wouldn't they do that? 

20 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Honestly, Big Noon Kickoff aside, why would they not put the game on in primetime?  Is there another game on ESPN/ABC that would threaten those ratings?  They would get more TV eyeballs at 6/7p central than 11a central so why wouldn't they do that? 

you haven't heard of Baseball Night in America and that everyone can't wait to see the Brewers play the Padres at 7PM on a Saturday night in early September?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I had to look this up and sure enough FOX has either the Reds/Brewers or Angels/Astros in its 6:15 spot that night

I can't wait.  everyone over to South Austin mom's house for the watch party(and other activities) that night.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

you haven't heard of Baseball Night in America and that everyone can't wait to see the Brewers play the Padres at 7PM on a Saturday night in early September?

Baseball?  Is that sport still around...???

On 5/16/2022 at 5:59 PM, mdmost said:

Joel Klatt confirming it's 11am

Ah yes, except for the timezone in which the game is being played or even the timezone the visiting team uses at home. But noon somewhere else.

I used to love night games when college football occupied my entire Saturday. Now days I have other shit to do and I love the 11am games.  Couldn’t give two shits about the heat, it’s just part of life here, get used to it or don’t attend the games.   I wish we could move all the games to about 9am so I could move on with my day a little quicker. 

Difference of opinions about game times aside, creating or signing a petition for this is pathetic and embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

I used to love night games when college football occupied my entire Saturday. Now days I have other shit to do and I love the 11am games.  Couldn’t give two shits about the heat, it’s just part of life here, get used to it or don’t attend the games.   I wish we could move all the games to about 9am so I could move on with my day a little quicker. 

Difference of opinions about game times aside, creating or signing a petition for this is pathetic and embarrassing. 

I don't get the logic on this one. Wouldn't it be better to have your day to get your shit done and then go to the game versus sweating your ass off and sapping all your energy at 11a to get home by around 4p? What's left of the day?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

You seem like you should be a fan of Kansas or Rutgers or some school like that.

Like almost all of you, I am not anticipating a W for us, this Sep 10. 
However, it is a fact that we and 'Bama have played 10 times, and that 'Bama has won a grand total of one of those games. That win for them was almost 100% fluke. The only thing that keeps it from being totally flukish is that FUPM Brown and his bestest buddy had not prepared anything even resembling a backup QB, so that when Colt got that pinched nerve injury, the alleged QB2 couldn't even find his helmet.
If Ewers is "all that" and our receivers and backs are, too... then there is a chance - albeit miniscule - we can score enough to stay in the game, and maybe our star RB won't drop the winning TD pass.
It could happen, and no, I don't want to bet on it. Well, not unless the odds offered are spectacularly lop-sided.

All that nonsense does not constitute a “fluke”
  • Fuck You 1

At the risk of interrupting English Grammar 301, I will put forward that while I dislike 11:00 A.M. kickoffs. I truly hate when they exercise their option to decide the start time on Tuesday (I think it's Tuesday, maybe it's Wednesday). When they do that, it makes it a real pain to get a plan in place for Hotel and travel. For games like 'Bama I just go ahead and book a hotel about a year out and reserve 3 days. I know the money talks, but I doubt the networks would have balked if the conferences would have insisted on two weeks or ten days notice.

13 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You seem like you should be a fan of Kansas or Rutgers or some school like that.

And that’s fair, I don’t claim to be the most passionate fan.  The older I get, the less it means to me.  I celebrate the wins, and the losses bother me for about an hour or two tops.   Even when it’s losing to Kansas… in a night game. 

What a waste of what could have been such a great night game.  Plus, as it will no doubt be balls hot at kick off, let's go ahead and get ready for all of the shots of the empty end zone as all of those fan$ will be inside at the buffet with the AC.  Perhaps we could cut the AC in there too while we are doing the same to the Fox booth?
Maybe fox can show the crowd around the bars watching on tv instead of an empty sez? Just a thought

Fox is putting it on at 11 am because it’s a temper tantrum over Texas and OU going to the SEC. 

And ugh, first promo already highlights “Is Texas Back?” How many more effing years are we going to keep hearing that?

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Fox is putting it on at 11 am because it’s a temper tantrum over Texas and OU going to the SEC. 

That's ridiculous. Fox is in the business of making money. They're putting it there because that's where they think they can draw the most eyeballs and sell the most ads. Fox has Saturday night MLB through October and they sure as shit weren't putting a marquee match-up like this on FS1 or a regional network. The fact is that this game was always going to be a day game since Fox had first pick. It's not some sort of Fox butthurt.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

And ugh, first promo already highlights “Is Texas Back?” How many more effing years are we going to keep hearing that?

probably until we're actually worth a shit again.

14 minutes ago, royiv said:

That's ridiculous. Fox is in the business of making money. They're putting it there because that's where they think they can draw the most eyeballs and sell the most ads. Fox has Saturday night MLB through October and they sure as shit weren't putting a marquee match-up like this on FS1 or a regional network. The fact is that this game was always going to be a day game since Fox had first pick. It's not some sort of Fox butthurt.

Yeah, the most watched game and 2 of the top 3 regular season games last year were noon kickoffs.  Fox is doing themselves right... just not stadium fans.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SOBMarcos said:

I cant say fuck you enough over this comment. Fact is we were on our way to DOMINATING bama when Colt gets a stinger that somehow renders him useless. with no QB we STILL were within one score with 3 minutes in the game. ....yeah.....it is the definition of a fluke.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

We're gonna get fucking destroyed. Won't be a game by 1130am. 

Are you saying we're terrible and they should win convincingly?

Ballgame?

Because given this place's record as football prognosticators, I might need to drop a few bills on us to cover...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Are you saying we're terrible and they should win convincingly?

Ballgame?

Because given this place's record as football prognosticators, I might need to drop a few bills on us to cover...

Let’s pretend we are in a NowThis video. I’m saying we are the dude and Alabama will be wearing a massive strap on. 

2 hours ago, SOBMarcos said:

It is readily apparent that your Fluke meter is not functioning properly. Whether that is because its battery is dead, or you're pressing the wrong button(s), or you don't even own a Fluke meter is immaterial.