Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

On 6/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:
And a question for Bama fans, do y’all wanna be petty in 2023 and put Texas in the upper deck, even though they’re planning on moving it? Apparently the Bama-Texas contract calls for 5k tickets to the visiting team. It will be interesting to see what Texas does this season, knowing they fully could put Bama fans in the lower bowl. And it will be interesting to see what Bama does in response in 2023.

No petty.

Since Nick Saban arrived, and continuing through a couple of 10,000 seat expansions, visitor seating at Bryant-Denny starts at Row 1 in the NE corner of the lower bowl, extending out to about the 20 yard line and all way up.  Band, cheerleaders, fans, errbody.  I wish the whole visiting team band could be seated but in recent years smaller “road game” bands have been the norm.  

In the early 80s on the Plains in game 1 of that year the Horns had the Auburn “gambler” intimidated before the game ever started when the full UT band took about an hour just to march in, clanking the cowbells.  Texas beat the crap out of them but I can’t remember the score. I loved it.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Several simulations out there... Here's one

Alabama Crimson Tide vs Texas Longhorns - NCAA Football 23 - 2022 Season Week 2

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

July 21st simuation... unrealistic score

Alabama vs Texas - 2022 Week 2 Simulation (NCAA 14 w/ Updated Rosters)

45-31 and 24-17 final scores, for those who care. 

On 7/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:
'I know we can beat them boys': Former Alabama football player Keilan Robinson discusses Tide versus Longhorns Week 2 matchup.

**CSB ALERT**

went to a 4a high school that got matched up against Refugio in 7on7 the summer before my senior year. We pummeled them. 

shortly before school began I moved to a small 2a school. Playoffs come around and guess who we draw in the first round? Big ole Refugio…. I start chirping all week long to the team about how they aren’t shit and we are gonna beat the shit out of them because they are trash. Game day comes and we suffer a 70-21 loss. 

Moral of the story: shut the fuck up and keep that shit to yourself. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I Can Handle It Season 9 GIF

Same. I tend to think the first score (45-31) may be more indicative of the actual result, since I don’t think there is any way our defense holds down Bama’s offense and I think we may have some success offensively, even if it is in garbage time. 

• Like 1

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/2022-alabama-football-early-opponent-preview-no-2-texas

While Alabama is currently viewed as a two-touchdown favorite over Texas, the Longhorns have the talent to put up a fight in Week 2. Sarkisian will likely have some tricks up his sleeve and could be able to dial up a few big plays on offense to test an Alabama secondary that is looking to replace both of its cornerbacks from last season.

I still say if this game can’t be moved to a 6:30-7:00+ time slot, we’re better off as fans in attendance. A 2:30-3:00 start would be in the heat of HELL, especially on the East side, with no reprieve of shade until damn near the end! Even the West UD will be baking in the hottest part of the day (3-6).

Unless it’s at night, keep it at 11:00 - IMO.

Hook’em!

A year ago Bama had four actual road games. Results were underwhelming and caused significant angina.  Snatching one from the Philistines was nice but given they had a crippled yeoman transfer at QB, not so impressive until you consider the deafening negative hoodoo of that accursed hive of iniquity and our must-have leggy of field TD drive to get to OT. The first ever Crimson Tide entry into DKR should be a real snot-knocker if we hold up our end. 2021 road record:

@Swamp: W 31-29

@Aggy: L 38-41

@Leachville: W 49-9

@Aubie: W 24-22 (4OT)

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

A year ago Bama had four actual road games. Results were underwhelming and caused significant angina.  Snatching one from the Philistines was nice but given they had a crippled yeoman transfer at QB, not so impressive until you consider the deafening negative hoodoo of that accursed hive of iniquity and our must-have leggy of field TD drive to get to OT. The first ever Crimson Tide entry into DKR should be a real snot-knocker if we hold up our end. 2021 road record:

@Swamp: W 31-29

@Aggy: L 38-41

@Leachville: W 49-9

@Aubie: W 24-22 (4OT)

Well, Texas wasn't exactly a rolling ball of butcher knives at home last year...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, Texas wasn't exactly a rolling ball of butcher knives at home last year...

<<{{[[xxX**Xxx]]}}>>

A Blue Max of college football trivia to you, sir, for evoking a letter-perfect quote from Sports Illustrated’s vivid and most apt description of Darren McFadden’s explosive and victorious freshman performance, in Tuscaloosa, no less, vs my beloved Crimson Tide. If Bijan plays half as well on September 10th, we are in big trouble.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, Bama Llama said:

<<{{[[xxX**Xxx]]}}>>

A Blue Max of college football trivia to you, sir, for evoking a letter-perfect quote from Sports Illustrated’s vivid and most apt description of Darren McFadden’s explosive and victorious freshman performance, in Tuscaloosa, no less, vs my beloved Crimson Tide. If Bijan plays half as well on September 10th, we are in big trouble.

Thanks but, full disclosure, I was referencing DKR's quote about Glen Halsell...60s Texas LBer....wasn't aware of the SI story. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 12:15 PM, Bama Llama said:

<<{{[[xxX**Xxx]]}}>>

Run DMC was a grown ass man…he ran with ice cold hatred in his heart.  

motherfucker hated the ground.  

• Hook 'Em 1

For you chicken fuckers who are seizing on a minor injury to a TE as a ray of hope, imagine the game being the reverse of our last game against Bama, starting with Bama's Heisman QB going down and out of the game about three plays in. Is Bama's QB2 going to find his helmet and get on the field and commence squinting at our D, or do you think we're going to get face-raped anyway?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

For you chicken fuckers who are seizing on a minor injury to a TE as a ray of hope, imagine the game being the reverse of our last game against Bama, starting with Bama's Heisman QB going down and out of the game about three plays in. Is Bama's QB2 going to find his helmet and get on the field and commence squinting at our D, or do you think we're going to get face-raped anyway?

Yes.