Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

4 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Yeah, would be a real shame if he got a freak temporary nerve injury in his throwing shoulder during the first series and they had to play their backup the rest of the way. Because that sounds like it would really suck, especially in a big game. 

Well... when it happened to us, it wasn't exactly a freak injury, and it wasn't the first time he got hurt in the same spot - I believe he had the "stinger", or whatever they call it. I think someone said it had happened to him a couple of times at Jim Ned, I know it happened to him as a frosh, playing at KSU, and early in the game, too, as he scored our first TD. That one led to a series of unfortunate occurrences: Jevan Snead, a true frosh, played the rest of the game, and they put upp another five TDs... but the D failed and we lost 45-42. Fuck You, Pay Me Brown apparently blamed Snead, and a couple of weeks later, on a cold and very windy day at DKR, Brown started McCoy. McCoy was clearly showing problems with the shoulder, couldn't throw for shit, and was in the midst of a bout with flu. Snead stood next to Brown the whole game, watching McCoy flounder. A&M scored early and led 6-0 until Jamaal scored in the third and we made our XP and led  7-6. A&M scored mid-Q4 and missed their XP again, but led 12-7. With about a minute left, an aggy McCoy flailed until the next to last play enduring hit him late late late so dirty that he was ejected. I believe that was a dead ball, and the play had resulted in a turnover on downs although aggy got 15 yards penalty. We held, used all three timeouts, and got the ball back with under a minute left. McCoy then took another blind-side hit as he was throwing one last pass. It was helmet to helmet, under the jaw but the refs threw no flags for reasons never addressed.  It was ten or fifteen minutes before he was taken off the field on a cart - straight to Breckenridge Hospital. After hours of tests, they finally decided it was the same stinger injury, obviously never healed. Finally FUPM Brown put Snead in the game, with just seconds on the clock; Snead basically Hail Mary'ed it as far as he could up into the winds, and someone in Maroon intercepted. Clock ran out. Game.

We played Iowa in the 'Dome and won by two points, with McCoy taking every snap. Snead told FUPM to stick it up his ass and moved on - I think to Ole Miss. He started there - not great, but not bad. Had he stayed, he would have at least known where his helmet was when McCoy went down against Bama. 

Maybe it'll happen again, but to the other team this time. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Well... when it happened to us, it wasn't exactly a freak injury, and it wasn't the first time he got hurt in the same spot - I believe he had the "stinger", or whatever they call it. I think someone said it had happened to him a couple of times at Jim Ned, I know it happened to him as a frosh, playing at KSU, and early in the game, too, as he scored our first TD. That one led to a series of unfortunate occurrences: Jevan Snead, a true frosh, played the rest of the game, and they put upp another five TDs... but the D failed and we lost 45-42. Fuck You, Pay Me Brown apparently blamed Snead, and a couple of weeks later, on a cold and very windy day at DKR, Brown started McCoy. McCoy was clearly showing problems with the shoulder, couldn't throw for shit, and was in the midst of a bout with flu. Snead stood next to Brown the whole game, watching McCoy flounder. A&M scored early and led 6-0 until Jamaal scored in the third and we made our XP and led  7-6. A&M scored mid-Q4 and missed their XP again, but led 12-7. With about a minute left, an aggy McCoy flailed until the next to last play enduring hit him late late late so dirty that he was ejected. I believe that was a dead ball, and the play had resulted in a turnover on downs although aggy got 15 yards penalty. We held, used all three timeouts, and got the ball back with under a minute left. McCoy then took another blind-side hit as he was throwing one last pass. It was helmet to helmet, under the jaw but the refs threw no flags for reasons never addressed.  It was ten or fifteen minutes before he was taken off the field on a cart - straight to Breckenridge Hospital. After hours of tests, they finally decided it was the same stinger injury, obviously never healed. Finally FUPM Brown put Snead in the game, with just seconds on the clock; Snead basically Hail Mary'ed it as far as he could up into the winds, and someone in Maroon intercepted. Clock ran out. Game.

We played Iowa in the 'Dome and won by two points, with McCoy taking every snap. Snead told FUPM to stick it up his ass and moved on - I think to Ole Miss. He started there - not great, but not bad. Had he stayed, he would have at least known where his helmet was when McCoy went down against Bama. 

I was at the hex rally and asked Colt if his shoulder was 100% and he lied straight to my face :(

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Was this the game where Limas Sweed was called for a BS offensive pass interference penalty on a jump ball he caught in the endzone?  I believe we ended up not scoring on that drive that probably would have won us that game.  I think I have the game right, but it's been a long time.

Was this the game where Limas Sweed was called for a BS offensive pass interference penalty on a jump ball he caught in the endzone?  I believe we ended up not scoring on that drive that probably would have won us that game.  I think I have the game right, but it's been a long time.

Sounds right but not sure either.

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I was 10 years old for that aggy game. Got so pissed when Colt was taken off that I threw my hat in the burning fireplace.

Well, this sucks. Wonder what he did? I guess we'll find out. Dude was a dynamic athlete but couldn't keep out of Nick's doghouse. Maybe Sark can rehabilitate his dumb ass.

Former Alabama WR Agiye Hall arrested at Texas

Updated: Aug. 12, 2022, 6:06 a.m.|

Published: Aug. 11, 2022, 11:26 p.m.

By  Michael Casagrande | mcasagrande@al.com

A former Alabama receiver’s first year at a new school is off to a rough start.

Agiye Hall, now at Texas, was arrested Thursday in Austin on charges of criminal mischief valued between $100 and $750, according to public booking information. It is a misdemeanor charge.

Hall left Alabama after one season that started strong in the A-Day game but didn’t translate to much playing time in the fall. He caught passes for 72 yards with his most significant playing time coming in the national title game.

The injuries to Jameson Williams and John Metchie helped thrust Hall into the loss to Georgia in Indianapolis. Hall had a pair of catches for 52 yards against the Bulldogs after recording one catch each against Miami and New Mexico State.

Hall publicly questioned his playing time on Twitter, a move that didn’t help the situation.

“Well, it is what it is. You know, look, it still comes down to players creating value for themselves by what they do,” Saban said Oct. 18 when asked about that public frustration. “I’ve said this before, that there’s players that have talent but they have to learn how to use it, and they have to use it in an effective way in the way they practice. It’s up to the player to impress the coaches that they can be trusted to go in the game and do what they’re supposed to do.

“So when players get frustrated, they sometimes don’t respond the way they should in terms of their preparation and focusing on what they need to do to become a good player, because they’re so concerned about how much they’re playing.”

Then in the spring, Saban announced Hall was suspended indefinitely. He entered the transfer portal April 7 and announced he was headed to Texas on April 19.

13 hours ago, Delta Charlie said:

Sorry for the shitty quality of the pic.  Sweed has his hand on the CB's chin/facemask, and the defender's head is pushed back nearly 90 degrees, as you can see the T on the helmet is nearly parallel to the ground, and the ball is in the air.  While I can't speak for anyone else, I'd wager heavily that if these jerseys were reversed, Texas fans would be livid if pass interference wasn't called.  I don't think you can make a persuasive argument that shoving a guy off you by his chin isn't offensive PI. Regardless that was an exciting game that came down to the last few minutes.  I don't think you can argue that a flag in the 2nd quarter determined the outcome.  Both teams had plenty of opportunities to score a lot more points or get more defensive stops.  

IMG_0040.jpg

Edited by Augustus
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

• 2 weeks later...

My stream of consciousness thoughts on the Alabama game.

1) will Bama will be all business and we will not be on their mind?
Finally got covid so spent lots of time watching TV and one of the many things I watched again was the U. One constant when Miami won MNC's was those guys saying we screwed up and did not win the national championship the prior year so we were on a mission. I wonder if this Alabama team has the same attitude this year. I get a feeling that we are going to see a focused Bama team that is not thinking about us and just focused on their final goal without displaying the antics.

2) Look forward to watching Bama warm up
It is a thing a beauty watching a MNC level talented team warm up when they are focused. I have been busy getting drunk before the start of games at tailgates to do it since 2003. I remember going to watch the 2003 Longhorns warm up at Baylor and just thinking look at the talent on this Longhorn team it is ridiculous and I was not seeing drops or guys getting easily beat they just seemed serious and Baylor was not the focus since they had recently lost to Oklahoma and they were focused on performing. I had gotten to see the Longhorns warm up in the 90's and the talent on the field just did not compare. So, I look forward to watching what a MNC level team looks like once again.

3) Is Steve on the path to prove CTJ wrong
I have been in the CTJ camp from day one before I knew CTJ felt the same way. How the hell do you hire a guy with that record regardless of how drunk he was when he was doing it. Then one reads the Husky board and they say that we will get tired of Steve's yearly WTF loses only to have Kansas happen last year and verify the Husky’s knew what they were talking about. Can he be a good enough coach to get a team to perform at its best when facing the best or will we see a dear in the headlights look once again as his team starts getting trashed. Then can he get them to follow it up the next week with UTSA and start to show consistency.

Edited by DanTheHorn

20 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Going to be humid as shit though. 

Can you imagine the thigh sweat from those whales sitting in the Bama section…. Those poor bastards are fucked. No amount of sweet tea and candied yams, or whatever the fuck those people scarf down, can save them from overheating. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Can you imagine the thigh sweat from those whales sitting in the Bama section…. Those poor bastards are fucked. No amount of sweet tea and candied yams, or whatever the fuck those people scarf down, can save them from overheating. 

I have a friend that went to Bama and still lives in the state. She’s just excited to come to Austin. Which I suspect a lot of them are. So there’s that. 

Texas does not get to throw obesity shade at any state lol. We’re not too far behind.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1