Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

3 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Let our cheerleaders go topless and stand over by the Bama sidelines.

Having them go panty-less would be much more distracting than a bunch of flat girls trying to distract guys who fuck 9s & 10s with nothing but nipples. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Let our chaps babes go bottomless and stand over by the Bama sidelines.

FIFY -

Also, for this to be anything but a night game is insane bullshit.  Still, it’s Bama and Texas.  Cool and not always expected things happen when we meet thee.  Bring it on.

13 hours ago, dcar00 said:

how did we get LSU at night in 2019?

SEC would probably be the 2:30 kick but at least we'd have a chance at a night game.

Edit: also, no one gives a fuck about Big Noon Kickoff on Fox

It is much hotter between 2:30 and 5 than it is at 11 to 2:30.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I like it. They are supposed to beat us. If that happens so be it, but the part I like is having those Bama prima donnas standing in the straight down sun with no hope of shade. Our guys will at least be in the shade.

Or maybe I havnt been to a game in so long I dont remember where the sun sets.....

6 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

I like it. They are supposed to beat us. If that happens so be it, but the part I like is having those Bama prima donnas standing in the straight down sun with no hope of shade. Our guys will at least be in the shade.

Or maybe I havnt been to a game in so long I dont remember where the sun sets.....

Yeah...I think CDC decided to do away with the shade for our players in favor or more special big money donor $eats

10 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

The shade will hit our players at just about the time the game ends.

Like almost all of you, I am not anticipating a W for us, this Sep 10. 

However, it is a fact that we and 'Bama have played 10 times, and that 'Bama has won a grand total of one of those games. That win for them was almost 100% fluke. The only thing that keeps it from being totally flukish is that FUPM Brown and his bestest buddy had not prepared anything even resembling a backup QB, so that when Colt got that pinched nerve injury, the alleged QB2 couldn't even find his helmet.

If Ewers is "all that" and our receivers and backs are, too... then there is a chance - albeit miniscule - we can score enough to stay in the game, and maybe our star RB won't drop the winning TD pass.

It could happen, and no, I don't want to bet on it. Well, not unless the odds offered are spectacularly lop-sided.

I understand BigNoon is the Fox marquee game and a lot has to do with they don't want to fight for ratings with ABC primetime game. 

Week 2 is not great and it seems like it would make for a perfect opportunity for them to get all the buildup that day and have a night game.

Other week 2 games of interest. 

Iowa St @ Iowa

Houston @ TT

USC @ Stanford

Baylor @ BYU

Who knows what ABC picks up for the night game that day of those games but all eyes will be glued to UT and Bama regardless of time. I hope they make it a night game. 

I’m still (irrationally) clinging to fact that neither school has made an announcement or listed a kickoff time on their official athletics sites…unless I missed something?

CDC knows how much incremental $$$ is at stake for a primetime kick (even his pregame concert + carnival gong show doesn’t work with 11am), so maybe a miracle can occur.

6 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

I’m still (irrationally) clinging to fact that neither school has made an announcement or listed a kickoff time on their official athletics sites…unless I missed something?

CDC knows how much incremental $$$ is at stake for a primetime kick (even his pregame concert + carnival gong show doesn’t work with 11am), so maybe a miracle can occur.

Joel Klatt essentially confirmed it's the big noon game on Twatter 

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

I went to 11 out of the 15 of these.

I question this list as I recall the '99 NC State game being an evening game.  Maybe the day was hot, but life is a million times better when the sun goes down (although not on that day #*%$&!!).

The Stanford game a week later - which does not appear on the list - was the single most miserably hot game I have ever attended.  Just brutal.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Now do the offensive & defensive lines.

LT Tyler 3 star,  LG Cohen 4 star, C Mclaughlin 3 star, RG Ekiyor 4 star, RT Latham 5 star

vs..??

LT Banks 5 star, LG Angilou 4 star, C Majors 4 star, RG Campbell 5 star, RT Jones 3 star

LT Tyler 3 star,  LG Cohen 4 star, C Mclaughlin 3 star, RG Ekiyor 4 star, RT Latham 5 star
vs..??
LT Banks 5 star, LG Angilou 4 star, C Majors 4 star, RG Campbell 5 star, RT Jones 3 star

I don’t believe the Bama Oline was particularly good last year.

Now, they have a considerable advantage in known playmakers on the defensive side.

Yeah, I'm disinclined to look at recruiting rankings and more inclined to look with my eyes.  Our o-line is gonna get mauled, and the unfortunate thing is we should be trying to lean heavy on our running game to stretch the clock and keep our defense off the field.  Oh, well, nevertheless.

Fuck fox.  Beyond the stupidity of trying to make your biggest game of the week the early game, they brand it as big noon.  Their contracts are with the Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 12.  None of the marquee teams in those leagues are in the eastern time zone.  Just stupidity on top of stupidity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WBT said:

Fuck fox.  Beyond the stupidity of trying to make your biggest game of the week the early game, they brand it as big noon.  Their contracts are with the Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 12.  None of the marquee teams in those leagues are in the eastern time zone.  Just stupidity on top of stupidity.

yeah, but you know how those New Yorkers/Jerseyans and New Englanders love their big time college football.  i'm sure the ratings are just massive on the East Coast.

hpss17950.jpg

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, WBT said:

Fuck fox.  Beyond the stupidity of trying to make your biggest game of the week the early game, they brand it as big noon.  Their contracts are with the Big 12, Big 10, and Pac 12.  None of the marquee teams in those leagues are[sic] in the eastern time zone.  Just stupidity on top of stupidity.

While we’re on the topic of “Stupidity on top of stupidity.”

1) None… is, (Not “none are”. None is singular… stupid.)

2) Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State are the three marquee teams in the Big 10 and all are in the Eastern Time Zone… stupid.

3) Michigan State is one of the “Best of the Rest” in the Big 10 and is also in the Eastern Time Zone… as is Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland… who are not marquee teams, but Rutgers pulls in the NYC TV market along with some of the Philadelphia market and Maryland is in the Washington DC TV market and pulls in Baltimore as well.

SUMMARY: FOX sucks and you shouldn’t be call anyone, or anything, stupid  

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

It could happen, and no, I don't want to bet on it. Well, not unless the odds offered are spectacularly lop-sided.

Well, given closetohumping took Card and gave CTJ the field, he's just the guy you're looking for.

27 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

While we’re on the topic of “Stupidity on top of stupidity.”

1) None… is, (Not “none are”. None is singular… stupid.)

2) Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State are the three marquee teams in the Big 10 and all are in the Eastern Time Zone… stupid.

3) Michigan State is one of the “Best of the Rest” in the Big 10 and is also in the Eastern Time Zone… as is Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland… who are not marquee teams, but Rutgers pulls in the NYC TV market along with some of the Philadelphia market and Maryland is in the Washington DC TV market and pulls in Baltimore as well.

SUMMARY: FOX sucks and you shouldn’t be call anyone, or anything, stupid  

Maybe you shouldn't be calling anyone stupid.

image.png.5e0e378bb0c0b07733b89f0a13ff2909.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2