Texas v. Alabama (Sept. 10) on Fox. Probably at 11 am

Jive Turkey

I got two as well, in section 1. Most of the availability was section 32, but with the early kickoff time that section is gonna be particularly toasty.

For LSU, in early August I was able to buy like three extras for friends and I think two more that I was able to resell for 3x or 4x face value. I'll have no such windfall this year. #firstworldproblems

Edited by LonghornSean

If anyone is interested in buying a few more and selling them at facevalue, I'll buy them lol. Also are we expecting college gameday at this game? I looked at the schedule and I didn't see many better match ups to go to.

Edited by Tex48

On 6/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

New England BIL who is dating young Bama alumna: “hey we want to fly down for the Bama Texas game. Can y’all use your Texas Exes group to get us some discount tickets? Doesn’t have to be first row or anything! Thx!”

Episode 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

Apparently my wife has now committed her and me to attending the game with BIL and Bama alumna, so y’all let me know about those Texas Exes hookups for a four pack. 

On 6/15/2022 at 9:33 AM, Tex48 said:

If anyone is interested in buying a few more and selling them at facevalue, I'll buy them lol. Also are we expecting college gameday at this game? I looked at the schedule and I didn't see many better match ups to go to.

How often does ESPN do College Gameday at games that are being broadcast on FOX?

19 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Still annoyed this game is at 11. If it was a night game I would so be there. But my body decided it hates being in the heat like that, so no game for me 😞 

Look on the bright side, you can watch it in the air condition and you have access to all your own beer and no line for a bathroom. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Intruder said:

How often does ESPN do College Gameday at games that are being broadcast on FOX?

They do College Gameday fairly often for SEC games that are on CBS, they get first pick of the SEC. Not sure about Fox games, but it's possible.

I cant say fuck you enough over this comment. Fact is we were on our way to DOMINATING bama when Colt gets a stinger that somehow renders him useless. with no QB we STILL were within one score with 3 minutes in the game. ....yeah.....it is the definition of a fluke.

Yeah because Colt played defense too.
  • Drool 1

On 5/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, TrashMaster G said:

I question this list as I recall the '99 NC State game being an evening game.  Maybe the day was hot, but life is a million times better when the sun goes down (although not on that day #*%$&!!).

The Stanford game a week later - which does not appear on the list - was the single most miserably hot game I have ever attended.  Just brutal.

That almost has to be kickoff temps and not the highest temp during the game. Agree the Stanford game was far worse than NC State…

Texas knows they have to move their visitor section for the SEC and already has a plan

Posted on 6/27/22 at 9:28 pm
uArw.png7dArw.png9
I just thought this was hilarious and poetic justice for LSU fans(and Bama fans after this year), but I was talking to my friend who goes to UT Austin, and he was telling me that a bunch of the students found out their student section was moving for this upcoming football season and were confused as to why, as apparently this is the 3rd time Texas has moved the students going back to 2015. I thought it had something to do with their upcoming move to the SEC, and when I googled it, nothing came up at first. I then used verbatim and the search by date options, and I found this interview from the Longhorn network and there’s also a newsletter they sent out in February for season ticket renewals(but I’m not including that), and it turns out I was very much correct. The link to the interview of Texas’ AD is here:  Longhorn Network Townhall Texas’ athletic director in the YouTube link specifically says at 38:05 and 43:30 that they will be relocating the visitors section/visiting band to the lower bowl of DKR for the SEC move and they also had to go ahead and move the student section for 2022 and beyond in preparation for the move to get everything in order, give themselves time to adjust, and to help the season ticket holders affected relocate to other seats over the next few years(they apparently kicked out and moved 10 entire sections of season ticket holders in sections 16-26 of DKR in February of this year.) Their AD is actually misquoting the number, because it’s 2000, not 2500 according to the bylaws. Or maybe the SEC is punishing Texas for what they did to LSU and what they’re likely gonna do to Alabama this year, and will make them have 2500 seats for a few seasons lol.  
I think it’s absolutely hilarious Texas is being forced to move it. They aren’t special and weren’t going to be allowed to evade the SEC bylaws on visiting teams getting a minimum of 2k seats in the lower bowl(1k of which must be in a contiguous block according to SEC bylaws) and the student section cannot be within the 30 yard lines if it’s within 25 rows from the field and behind the visiting bench. The SEC denied A&M a waiver on this exact thing when they first entered the league. Oklahoma will have to make similar adjustments, but they never moved the visiting band/visitors section from the lower bowl, so props to them. Texas’ student section for 2018-2021 extended to the 40 yard line directly behind the visiting bench, so they had to move it, and the Longhorn band with it. I imagine Texas is holding 2k single-game tickets only in preparation for the move to the SEC in sections 31 & 32 for the SEC visitors’ section, where it has historically been at DKR according to my friend. 
They aren’t moving the visitors section until they join the SEC, since they won’t be getting the same reciprocity from the other Big 12 schools(in fact, it was apparently OK State, Texas Tech, and TCU doing it first that made Texas do it beginning in 2018.) There is no rule on placement of the visitors section in the Big 12, except for the requirement of 3850 seats to the visiting team according to their bylaws. Here’s Texas’ new DKR season ticket map, and like I mentioned, it appears they’re gonna be putting the SEC mandated visitors section/visiting band in portions of sections 31 & 32 when they join, where their student section was in the last few years:  DKR 2022 Seating Map 
And a question for Bama fans, do y’all wanna be petty in 2023 and put Texas in the upper deck, even though they’re planning on moving it? Apparently the Bama-Texas contract calls for 5k tickets to the visiting team. It will be interesting to see what Texas does this season, knowing they fully could put Bama fans in the lower bowl. And it will be interesting to see what Bama does in response in 2023.

SIAP.

Bama new OL Coach info...

Who is Eric Wolford? Alabama’s new offensive line coach

By Stephen M. Smith      Jan 31, 2022

Alabama’s offensive line valued toughness and physicality under Joe Pendry, Jeff Stoutland, and Mario Cristobal.

Kyle Flood brought more finesse to the Crimson Tide in 2019 and 2020, but it produced a Joe Moore Award winner and a national champion in 2020. After having Doug Marrone in 2021, Nick Saban returns to the blueprint.

Respectable sources have confirmed with Touchdown Alabama Magazine on Marrone heading back to the National Football League.  He was not a fit in Tuscaloosa, and Coach Saban has poached someone from the University of Kentucky with ties to the Southeastern Conference.  

Eric Wolford, 50, brings a style that resembles Pendry and Stoutland.  As an Ohio native, he played offensive guard at Kansas State from 1990-93. Wolford was a mauler and masher in college, and he will provide the intensity for the Tide. He spent one season in the NFL with the Arizona Cardinals (1994), but Wolford has 21 years of experience with offensive linemen.

After gaining experience as a graduate assistant at Kansas State, Wolford has coached at South Florida, Houston, North Texas, Arizona, Illinois, South Carolina (twice), San Francisco 49ers (assistant O-Line coach), and Kentucky. He spent five years (2010-14) at Youngstown State as its head coach, garnering a 31-26 record with four winning seasons.

Wolford’s offensive units have produced six 1,000-yard running backs, including Chris Rodriguez in 2021 for Kentucky.

He posted 1,379 yards rushing and nine touchdowns on 225 carries. The Wildcats had a veteran group — anchored by Darian Kinnard, Dare Rosenthal, and Luke Fortner — that became a finalist for the Joe Moore Award.

Kentucky’s offensive line helped it score 40+ points in five games and averaged 5.51 yards per carry. The Wildcats led the SEC and ranked fourth in the nation for rushing offense.

Wolford’s unit had the Wildcats excellent in short-yardage situations on third and fourth downs, converting 66.7 percent on attempts.

Kentucky protected quarterback Will Levis to nearly 3,000 passing yards (2,812) with 24 touchdowns.

Levis took 22 sacks, which was 17 fewer than Bryce Young (39), and the protection allowed Wan’Dale Robinson to catch 104 passes for 1,348 receiving yards and seven touchdowns.

Levis tallied six games with 2+ touchdown passes, and Kentucky’s offensive line pushed it to a 10-3 record last season. Alabama was not a finalist for the Joe Moore Award in 2021.

Saban is looking for ways to get better, and good coaching on the front line is one of them.

Wolford fits the dominant, smash-mouth style Saban likes.

Gonna be fun talking about this game with Bama for the next couple of months... 

That almost has to be kickoff temps and not the highest temp during the game. Agree the Stanford game was far worse than NC State…

Speaking of hostile weather…. Anybody at the game in the late 90s where it rained like hurricane season? I think Hodges was the RB. I remember staying at the brand new comfort Inn off 35 like it was yesterday. Not an article of clothing including money in my wallet was remotely close to dry.

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Speaking of hostile weather…. Anybody at the game in the late 90s where it rained like hurricane season? I think Hodges was the RB. I remember staying at the brand new comfort Inn off 35 like it was yesterday. Not an article of clothing including money in my wallet was remotely close to dry.

I believe you’re referring to the 1996 Missouri game. The drains in the upper deck clogged up and the water was probably 2 feet deep before someone pulled the trash out of the drain. You could see the wall of rain coming from probably 51st St. in the dark. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yeah I was there alright. Let’s just say your mom’s humidity index that day had nothing to do with the gameday environment.

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2022 at 1:13 PM, Cairn Horn88 said:

Texas knows they have to move their visitor section for the SEC and already has a plan

Posted on 6/27/22 at 9:28 pm
uArw.png7dArw.png9
I just thought this was hilarious and poetic justice for LSU fans(and Bama fans after this year), but I was talking to my friend who goes to UT Austin, and he was telling me that a bunch of the students found out their student section was moving for this upcoming football season and were confused as to why, as apparently this is the 3rd time Texas has moved the students going back to 2015. I thought it had something to do with their upcoming move to the SEC, and when I googled it, nothing came up at first. I then used verbatim and the search by date options, and I found this interview from the Longhorn network and there’s also a newsletter they sent out in February for season ticket renewals(but I’m not including that), and it turns out I was very much correct. The link to the interview of Texas’ AD is here:  Longhorn Network Townhall Texas’ athletic director in the YouTube link specifically says at 38:05 and 43:30 that they will be relocating the visitors section/visiting band to the lower bowl of DKR for the SEC move and they also had to go ahead and move the student section for 2022 and beyond in preparation for the move to get everything in order, give themselves time to adjust, and to help the season ticket holders affected relocate to other seats over the next few years(they apparently kicked out and moved 10 entire sections of season ticket holders in sections 16-26 of DKR in February of this year.) Their AD is actually misquoting the number, because it’s 2000, not 2500 according to the bylaws. Or maybe the SEC is punishing Texas for what they did to LSU and what they’re likely gonna do to Alabama this year, and will make them have 2500 seats for a few seasons lol.  
I think it’s absolutely hilarious Texas is being forced to move it. They aren’t special and weren’t going to be allowed to evade the SEC bylaws on visiting teams getting a minimum of 2k seats in the lower bowl(1k of which must be in a contiguous block according to SEC bylaws) and the student section cannot be within the 30 yard lines if it’s within 25 rows from the field and behind the visiting bench. The SEC denied A&M a waiver on this exact thing when they first entered the league. Oklahoma will have to make similar adjustments, but they never moved the visiting band/visitors section from the lower bowl, so props to them. Texas’ student section for 2018-2021 extended to the 40 yard line directly behind the visiting bench, so they had to move it, and the Longhorn band with it. I imagine Texas is holding 2k single-game tickets only in preparation for the move to the SEC in sections 31 & 32 for the SEC visitors’ section, where it has historically been at DKR according to my friend. 
They aren’t moving the visitors section until they join the SEC, since they won’t be getting the same reciprocity from the other Big 12 schools(in fact, it was apparently OK State, Texas Tech, and TCU doing it first that made Texas do it beginning in 2018.) There is no rule on placement of the visitors section in the Big 12, except for the requirement of 3850 seats to the visiting team according to their bylaws. Here’s Texas’ new DKR season ticket map, and like I mentioned, it appears they’re gonna be putting the SEC mandated visitors section/visiting band in portions of sections 31 & 32 when they join, where their student section was in the last few years:  DKR 2022 Seating Map 
And a question for Bama fans, do y’all wanna be petty in 2023 and put Texas in the upper deck, even though they’re planning on moving it? Apparently the Bama-Texas contract calls for 5k tickets to the visiting team. It will be interesting to see what Texas does this season, knowing they fully could put Bama fans in the lower bowl. And it will be interesting to see what Bama does in response in 2023.

SIAP.

This is hilarious. I believe we actually moved visiting fans to shitty seats specifically because other Big 12 schools (looking at you, aggy) gave us shitty seats, and also started the tradition of not letting our band play at halftime.

Our band used to have to sit on the track at Pyle until they built The Zone, and then they decided to throw horse shit on them. That was in 2005, and my seats were in the top of The Zone, and we could not even see the whole end zone from them. They had our fans scattered all over the place. 

It’s really rich that an aggy fan would bitch about where we seat visitors. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/8/2022 at 1:02 AM, markstanco said:

1:40

Edited by Bullneck

Tidbit from 247 post...

On defense, Alabama welcomes back seven starters from its 2021 base defense – eight when the Star position is included. But with Jalyn Armour-Davis and Josh Jobe both choosing to move on to the next level after this past season, both cornerback spots need to be filled.

“The biggest challenge is how do we replace the corners that we lost,” said Saban as the first head coach to speak on the second day of 2022 SEC Media Days, “because corner is probably the one position that puts the greatest restriction on what you can do on defense. That’s going to be a significant challenge for us.”

(Probably won't matter much vs Texas since Bama is projected to have the best returning pass rush in CFB for the 2022 season)