Prey (Predator vs Comanche)

NorthLoop

Great to see all of the positive reviews on here....except for the few history buffs fact checking the type of trees, dirt, face paint used.

I loved it...after watching once I was like "I think I could rewatch that one again and again".  I rank it #2 after the OG movie.  Even the wife got into it and has never seen the other movies.

The movie really tied in well with the Predator characteristics we have seen in other movies, and we got to see the first Predator hunt 

• It learned and adapted....started with small prey then moved up to challenge itself
  • It fought with the same style/weapons that it's opponent used...to keep it a "fair" fight even though his weapon was far superior  
    • Hand to hand with bear which was fuking bad ass.  Wish it was longer. 
    • Started using small arrows and a spear when fighting Comanches.
    • Dude had a lot of tech on him esp when fighting the French assholes.
  • It was a rookie because it took a lot of hits and would become rattled at times....OG Predator was a lot more stealth and less sloppy at times.  But they are still beatable because "if it bleeds, then it can be killed" f ya.  
  • Also Naru was learning and adapting throughout the film also....and she eventually leveled up to be a hunter also.  
    • I wanted to see more Comanche fight scenes.

The pistol add-in was great. In the credits there are animated sketches....looks like the Predator gang shows up.  I am assuming they come to collect his body and maybe the pistol is given to the Predators as a symbol of human's latest "tech" to study?  Or maybe they just wipe out the tribe and take the pistol..?

Edited by utxmike05
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

The bear fight scene was fucking lit. That’s THE rewatchable scene for me

lol when dog was running back… he was like, yo girl you seeing this….

😄 yep I dubbed in a "Run Bitch, RUN!"

for the dog as he sprinted past her.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Tied with Predator 2 for second best predator movie. Loved the female lead. And supposedly the Commanche technical advisors did a great job. Worth your time

Predators was way better than Predator 2. For me:

Predator

Prey

Predators

Predator 2

The Predator

Not gonna include AVP but that was good too.

Do Hulu movies ever get released to rent for non hulu folks?  Wouldn't mind seeing this but I'm not signing up for another service for it.

So this is technically a Disney movie through 20th century Fox.

It’s a Hulu release first but will have normal type release later. The Hulu release was to keep HBOmax from getting to stream it first instead of a Disney streaming device
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Speedtrucker said:

So this is technically a Disney movie through 20th century Fox.

It’s a Hulu release first but will have normal type release later. The Hulu release was to keep HBOmax from getting to stream it first instead of a Disney streaming device

I have Disney so i'll wait for it to drop there.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Speedtrucker said:

Sadly it won’t swap over to Disney+.

It’s rated R and Disney+ uses Hulu for its rated R movies like Deadpool and such.

Deadpool is on Disney+, but I might give the Disney/Hulu/Espn bundle a look regardless.  I don't really need it to drop on my streaming service, I'd just settle for eventually being available to rent on amazon or something.

6 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The only bad part of it is the 2 minute commercials in Hulu.  I am tempted to upgrade because of them.

I did. Pushed my monthly total up another $5. I'm paying $17.99 for all three with no ads on Hulu. I think its $14.99 with no ads and $19.99 with no ads, now. Still not bad. $20 for better and more content than Netflix. I find myself watching Hulu quite a bit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Deadpool is on Disney+, but I might give the Disney/Hulu/Espn bundle a look regardless.  I don't really need it to drop on my streaming service, I'd just settle for eventually being available to rent on amazon or something.

Interesting I never noticed it moved over. They originally said it wouldn’t.

Well maybe prey will pop over to d+

3 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Interesting I never noticed it moved over. They originally said it wouldn’t.

Well maybe prey will pop over to d+

Several  months back they opened up Disney+ to a lot of the R-rated and adultish type content.  The adult-oriented Marvel series like Jessica Jones are also now on Disney+.  When they first did it, they asked if I wanted to put a password on the channel for access to the more adult stuff.  Since I have a 12yo boy, the answer was a resounding "yes."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

Several  months back they opened up Disney+ to a lot of the R-rated and adultish type content.  The adult-oriented Marvel series like Jessica Jones are also now on Disney+.  When they first did it, they asked if I wanted to put a password on the channel for access to the more adult stuff.  Since I have a 12yo boy, the answer was a resounding "yes."

How is the kid going to be a popular Surly poster when he grows up?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, Gene Parmesan said:

Do Hulu movies ever get released to rent for non hulu folks?  Wouldn't mind seeing this but I'm not signing up for another service for it.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, kevwun said:

The only bad part of it is the 2 minute commercials in Hulu.  I am tempted to upgrade because of them.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, Deej said:

I did. Pushed my monthly total up another $5. I'm paying $17.99 for all three with no ads on Hulu. I think its $14.99 with no ads and $19.99 with no ads, now. Still not bad. $20 for better and more content than Netflix. I find myself watching Hulu quite a bit. 

https://soap2day.to/MczozMjoiMTM5Njd8fDcwLjEyMi4xMzQuNzR8fDE2NjQ3OTAxNjIiOw.html

• Hook 'Em 1

• 10 months later...

Darn good movie.  The last fight was awesome.  Long on action but not tiresome.  They put us an a very realistic world.  Other that the alien of course.  Over in the UFO thread they have convinced me we're alone in this universe.

As a northern plains resident, I'm just a bit hung up on the "Comanche in the north" part.  The topography depicted matches up with the RRV of northern ND/southern MB>  (I've been there.) And the 1719 timeframe checks out.  But according to WIki, the Comanche never got close to NE ND.  

2560px-Uto-Aztecan_map.svg.png

The Comanche were most likely a fairly insignificant mountain tribe before Europeans arrived and they acquired horses. It's pretty hard to pin down, and I'm sure someone contests that version of history, but we do know that they didn't occupy what later became to be known as Comancheria until after the Spanish began their conquest of middle America. Within a few generations they became some of the greatest mounted warriors in the history of the world and swept south taking over everything in their path. It took the invention of the Colt Patterson revolver to finally put them on the downhill slope. Without the Comanche, the Spanish, and later Mexico, probably would have never seeked to settle white Americans in Texas.