She Hulk - Disney+ series

mdmost

5 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

but the CGI on this looks terrible. Damn, Marvel, wtf you doing with all that Thanos coin?

I wouldn't be surprised if they clean it up - that's happened with a few other Marvel shows and their teasers/trailers.

If they leave it like we saw it though, however good the writing or acting may be, it's going to distract everybody way too much.

I love Maslany, I think she is one of the best actors out there, but the CGI on this looks terrible. Damn, Marvel, wtf you doing with all that Thanos coin?

I’ve never heard of her. What has she been in that makes her one of the best actors out there?

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’ve never heard of her. What has she been in that makes her one of the best actors out there?

Playing like 5 or 6 different versions of the same character in Orphan Black. Often having to act against herself or multiple versions of herself. 

In all fairness, the comic book She Hulk loves the D.  So that’s actually canon. 

Edited by Bateshorn

On 5/18/2022 at 7:31 PM, Moby Ric said:

Are they just throwing darts at a board over at Disney?  WTF?  Is the next thing going to be Supergirl the Interior designer to the stars?

I know most of Surly don't know comics, but a quick google search shows her first comic appearance was in 1980. I'm an old comic nerd, and I knew that she'd been around for a bit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 9:31 PM, Moby Ric said:

Are they just throwing darts at a board over at Disney?  WTF?  Is the next thing going to be Supergirl the Interior designer to the stars?

Not only has she been around, this is a way to get Ruffalo/Hulk in, as they can't do standalone movies with him.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The show is missing the mark by focusing on superhero antics and relationships.  I want a courtroom procedural with She Hulk.  Half Law & Order, half My Cousin Vinny, and half Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.  “Was my client’s DNA found on the victim?  I don’t know what DNA is.  I’m just a simple She Hulk.  Your “scientists” and your “exhibits” and your judge making smash sounds with the wood hammer frighten and confuse me.  But I do know this:  everything that prosecutor just said is bullshit, and Bill Cosby is no rapist!  She Hulk love pudding pops, pudding pop man no do crime!”

She-Hulk: OBJECTION!

Judge: Overruled

She Hulk GIFs | Tenor

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The show is missing the mark by focusing on superhero antics and relationships.  I want a courtroom procedural with She Hulk.  Half Law & Order, half My Cousin Vinny, and half Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.  “Was my client’s DNA found on the victim?  I don’t know what DNA is.  I’m just a simple She Hulk.  Your “scientists” and your “exhibits” and your judge making smash sounds with the wood hammer frighten and confuse me.  But I do know this:  everything that prosecutor just said is bullshit, and Bill Cosby is no rapist!  She Hulk love pudding pops, pudding pop man no do crime!”

Harvey Birdman as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I liked that a lot! It was fun, I liked the fourth wall breaking (more Phase 4 playing around with things different from the MCU formula) and Jennifer and Bruce play off each other exactly like family 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, that pretty much sucked. Sorry to be the contrarian.

Yeah I’m not sure who wants this. Tatiana and Jamil have been great on separate and very different shows. I guess this the only way Disney could bring them together. Superhero shit is going to get a better number than a quirky comedy series. 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:34 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Yeah, that pretty much sucked. Sorry to be the contrarian.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah I’m not sure who wants this. Tatiana and Jamil have been great on separate and very different shows. I guess this the only way Disney could bring them together. Superhero shit is going to get a better number than a quirky comedy series. 

Eh my wife, mom, and sister have all really enjoyed She Hulk so far. I've enjoyed it, but not every show is gonna hit every demographic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Eh my wife, mom, and sister have all really enjoyed She Hulk so far. I've enjoyed it, but not every show is gonna hit every demographic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Phase 1 and 2 hit it. They kept it simple and easy to follow and now I feel like phase 3 and 4 have begun to turn into a huge clusterfuck of too many storylines and new characters getting introduced and at the same time trying to keep the story of past characters and connections going. I felt this might happened and they might lose a lot of people. I’ll watch it but I’m not rushing to watch it or anything. 

21 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Phase 1 and 2 hit it. They kept it simple and easy to follow and now I feel like phase 3 and 4 have begun to turn into a huge clusterfuck of too many storylines and new characters getting introduced and at the same time trying to keep the story of past characters and connections going. I felt this might happened and they might lose a lot of people. I’ll watch it but I’m not rushing to watch it or anything. 

They have their target audience that a shitload of their internal analysts have identified.  And it’s a two-fer - they are not allowed to make a stand-alone Hulk movie, and fans like Ruffalo/Hulk, so it serves its purpose.

Although I don’t think Ruffalo is going to be in too many episodes, since they quickly gave her an origin and a training montage, and now she’s ready for New York/lawyering/Daredevil.

It was okay. Felt like it was trying too hard but I didn't go into it with high expectations. I do feel Marvel need to figure out a way to get around this new trope of the female characters just being the best at everything. At least with Ms. Marvel, they had Kamala learn through trial and error. It was a bit like Spiderman. She wasn't the best at everything right off the bat. Plus, after Fleabag and Deadpool, 4th wall breaking is a little bit tired. I know the She Hulk comics have a history of that but it was a little flat. My wife was not a fan of the Steve Rogers virginity portion which I found amusing. It's like an Ally McBeal superhero show. 

Edited by mdmost

It was kinda fun. I mean who doesn’t want to see a Hulk fight? But there’s not a lot of substance there. She got her powers instantly and was immediately an expert at them. Disney continues to beat the men-suck-women-rule drum, but no one should be surprised by that at this point.

She seems like a good actor though, and I’ll keep watching mostly to see how the other characters are folded in. I don’t expect to see Hulk again.

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Disney continues to beat the men-suck-women-rule drum, but no one should be surprised by that at this point.

They're being pretty true to the original comic, her having a milder version of the Hulk than Banner IS her origin story. Lol no idea why there's such grievance about this show

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

They're being pretty true to the original comic, her having a milder version of the Hulk than Banner IS her origin story. Lol no idea why there's such grievance about this show

To me, it's become a trope. Not every female character just has to immediately be the best at everything because it's a man's world. Doesn't give a lot of room for growth. At least with characters like Wanda, Kate Bishop or Kamala, they had flaws and had to learn tough lessons that helped their characters grow. It's early in the show but I think it's a valid criticism. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1