Sam Houston @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

15 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

Mitch on the bench.

Bout time. He needs to hit the tee and tweak his swing this off-season. Take notes from Stehly and Campbell. Short, compact swings. Pierce has a nice track record of developing hitters here. Kacy and Boswell had their best seasons under him. Kody, Hamilton, Kennedy has improved significantly, Melendez went from a dude with some power to what it’d be like if prime Pujols played college baseball. Stehly, faltine, Silas, shit even Austin Todd is hitting as well as he has his entire career here this year. I’m expecting Daly to go back to the doubles machine he was as a freshman next season

Morehouse is gonna be our unsung hero this year. 

God damnnnn. Like clockwork. It’s May. Time for Texas to get hot. See, @markstanco, this is how Texas baseball does it. Always has, always will. So yes. We’re fucking Texas in baseball. That uniform shit you called me out on? Yeah. It’s like the Yankees. Something about the pinstripes separates the men from the boys and (before the boss died) those pinstripes gave opponents another level of intimidation. Same shit with the Texas baseball uniform and the Disch. Opponents can feel the ghosts of the legends that have come through here 

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

I saw that TCU cancelled their game with Tarleton today so they can protect their RPI. Should be illegal 

What are the RPI implications for this game for Texas?

As much as I like bagging on aggy and TCU it isn't just them.

SHSU has a chance to be a top 100 RPI team assuming they finish the season strong. Tarleton, Houston Baptist and Incarnate Word will have RPI’s north of 200. 

I am not a fan of cancelling games to be clear, but this game honestly won’t hurt us big picture wise when it comes to RPI.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What are the RPI implications for this game for Texas?

As much as I like bagging on aggy and TCU it isn't just them.

Sam has 29 wins, can't hurt that much.

Getting another win in the win column and put us into position to have 40 wins come selection time. Get our big RPI wins in the tournament.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sam has 29 wins, can't hurt that much.

Getting another win in the win column and put us into position to have 40 wins come selection time. Get our big RPI wins in the tournament.

Also, our pitchers need reps. Case in pont: Jared Southard.