Bloodsuckers

Back to house living after a few years in an apartment and one of the perks was nary a run-in with mosquitos. The new place, however, is frustratingly close to a creek and my gf's dad, who owns the house, stupidly planted bamboo in the yard, which attracts them as well.

I am getting a pest control company out in a couple weeks but wanted to see if there was any new wisdom about outdoor mosquito repellents. I see online things like the Thermacell and other plug-in devices that purport to work. Anyone have experiences with stuff like that? Is it still just deet and citronella? Have the not progressed? Cheers and thanks.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Sorta my thought as well, but I'm getting them out for other things too 

I mean if you live by a creek I feel like there's going to be mosquitoes no matter what. They gonna go pest control the creek? I'd just do what you can on your own property. 

55 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean if you live by a creek I feel like there's going to be mosquitoes no matter what. They gonna go pest control the creek? I'd just do what you can on your own property. 

I guess i should be clearer. The creek is about 500' away. Just a guess. Again, i know I'm not going to remove all mosquitoes, I'm just trying to keep them from entering my porch and landing on me

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I guess i should be clearer. The creek is about 500' away. Just a guess. Again, i know I'm not going to remove all mosquitoes, I'm just trying to keep them from entering my porch and landing on me

Ah okay. I mean maybe hear em out then. I was imagining that you like backed up to a creek.