The Terminal List

Parliament

• 3 weeks later...

God I hope they did not fuck this up like whomever did the American Assassin adaptation fucked that all up.  I have liked what Amazon did with the Jack Reacher series and staying about as true to that book as possible, so I am cautiously optimistic that this will be at the very least above average. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

i saw the first ep and it just screams " innocent man framed by big massive goverment conspiracy" where at least 2 or 3 of the people he trusts are going to turn out to be members of the conspiracy.

never read the books or know anything about them but I think its basically a remake of every single innocent man out to prove himself movie. 

probably not going to watch the rest of the series, but here are my best guesses as to who is involved so  no one is shocked when it happens. 

Spoiler

The Taylor Kitsch plays bad guys or super questionable guys way too often... you see him and there is a good chance his character is dirty as fuck.  gonna guess he is one of the main bad guys.

The Boozer guy isnt dead.  The hero didnt see the body, all he saw was bloodstains and everyone telling him it was boozer. 

and finally since she was introduced in the first ep and is a well know actor, that implies shes got a big part, so the Jeanne Triplehorn character is gonna end upbeing either the mastermind or a major contrinutor.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I started this the other day and it was much better than the reviews indicated. 

Not to Cloak Room this up but I think it has a lot to do with Chris Platt's political choices. I went to read the reviews and I even saw somebody mention they weren't going to view it because of Platt. 

My only gripe are the actors outside of the lead roles are terrible. The actor playing the FBI agent is awful. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, RPM said:

Holy shit this is much better than I was expecting. Just finished Ep 1.

This is more evidence that movie reviewers are out of touch with the average viewer. 

Rottentomatoes gives it a 36% average score from reviewers and 91% from average audience score. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/9/2022 at 9:25 PM, ScottS said:

God I hope they did not fuck this up like whomever did the American Assassin adaptation fucked that all up.  I have liked what Amazon did with the Jack Reacher series and staying about as true to that book as possible, so I am cautiously optimistic that this will be at the very least above average. 

American Assassin was poor casting more than anything. Dylan O'Brien was terrible as the lead. 

16 hours ago, RPM said:

Holy shit this is much better than I was expecting. Just finished Ep 1.

I have the exactly opposite reaction after Ep. 1. Felt like a slightly more violent Seal Team episode  I'll give it another go, I guess 

Edited by aggie08

Really good so far, I’m through 4 episodes.

Even the wife likes it even if she has questions about plot or characters.

I’ve been surprised by all the reviews bashing it. I get the anti-alpha male with a gun seeking revenge but whatever, it’s good.

I keep waiting for Nate to make his debut but I know it’s not until ep6 now…

My comment to my wife was this was every EDC and larpers combined wet dream. Telling her every sticker, cap, shirt, pant, shoe, watch, belt, holster etc was placed specifically for them.

I’m not going to spoil anything with my thoughts of where the is going and who is dirty… (I have read the books)

Finished it last night. I really liked it for what it was. Simple recipe of conspiracy and revenge. I was a little annoyed in first eps with the "is he really seeing/experiencing that or is the concussion causing illusions??" But that went away quick and story moved fast. 

I'm not ex military, but Pratt seemed to nail the operational movements of a SEAL.  But he was also in Zero Dark Thirty. 

Also fan of Taylor K. 

The episodes were so dark...like visually lol. I have a nice OLED tv and blacks looked great...just hard to see shit lol. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't like Pratt, but the series is fine enough.  I don't think Pratt is a good serious actor.  Pratt is the bigger name, so it would never happen, but Taylor K in the lead role would be better.  Have zero connection to the source material so maybe he's supposed to be a robot, but that's pretty much all he's shown himself capable of doing outside of comedic roles.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, utxmike05 said:

I'm not ex military, but Pratt seemed to nail the operational movements of a SEAL.  But he was also in Zero Dark Thirty. 

Everyone on set, including the author were former operators, so I'm guessing the time/training he received was priceless.  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Really good so far, I’m through 4 episodes.

Even the wife likes it even if she has questions about plot or characters.

I’ve been surprised by all the reviews bashing it. I get the anti-alpha male with a gun seeking revenge but whatever, it’s good.

I keep waiting for Nate to make his debut but I know it’s not until ep6 now…

My comment to my wife was this was every EDC and larpers combined wet dream. Telling her every sticker, cap, shirt, pant, shoe, watch, belt, holster etc was placed specifically for them.

I’m not going to spoil anything with my thoughts of where the is going and who is dirty… (I have read the books)

Really like it.  Either the critics just plain suck at their job or they have a bias toward Pratt.  Not good either way.  It’s much better than I expected.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, stork642 said:

Really like it.  Either the critics just plain suck at their job or they have a bias toward Pratt.  Not good either way.  It’s much better than I expected.  

I was noticing the same. Seems to be a lot of hate on Pratt on most reviews/Reddit. And held to really high expectations.  Buddy of mine also said it's hard for him to take Pratt serious.  I think he does fine. 

29 minutes ago, hornimal said:

they cast the girl best known as the lead actress in "crazy rich asians" as katie buranek?

Also asian stripper from JLo's Hustle.  Definitely a miss on casting reporter. Think she wore the same thing all season. 

I had to stop watching in the first episode. Pratt’s character was not only leading the ops team, he was making some comment that he had also gathered the intel that led to the operations. Why not have him be the President during the weekdays as well.

but so many of you liked the show, perhaps I should give it another try.

• Like 1

I had to stop watching in the first episode. Pratt’s character was not only leading the ops team, he was making some comment that he had also gathered the intel that led to the operations. Why not have him be the President during the weekdays as well.
but so many of you liked the show, perhaps I should give it another try.

I will say that ep1 was Antoine Fuqua heavy handed directoring. He carves a very pointed picture in ep1 that will get picked apart in the next few episodes.

Muscle through it if you find Pratt too “Olympus has fallen” because that isn’t the case the rest of the way.