The Terminal List

Parliament

Books are pretty good, movie was decent, I like Carr but to say that he’s a brand whore would be an understatement, he claims it’s all just his personal favorite gear but even as a gun guy it’s a little over the top at times, he did make want to buy a Winkler Tomahawk and introduce me to half face blades though.

It’s fine. You don’t watch this show for the amazing plot development or the deeper meaning behind the show. You watch it for the same reason we watched Commando. And you enjoy it for what it is, because well, Chris might be a better actor, but he lacks the charisma of Arnold in a serious role. Taylor is much better than the Dillon betrayer from Commando as well. But the absurdity and new things in Commando were more fun. It is easier to hate the bad guys in Commando and they didn’t have to remind you why.

Also Arnold was in god-mode against the shitty soldiers. Chris is in God-mode against other professional soldiers in this series.

It’s fine. But it has zero rewatch ability.

• Like 1

So far my favorite line is from ep6 and went roughly like:
“Good job Reece, you tackled the breacher. God damnit!”

Just saw that. That was funny.

I don’t know shit about fuck re: military stuff, but

It seemed like the guys pursuing him through the hills in episode 6 were all bunched up. Maybe they didn’t think Reece would attack them.

On 7/2/2022 at 7:40 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

I started this the other day and it was much better than the reviews indicated. 

Not to Cloak Room this up but I think it has a lot to do with Chris Platt's political choices. I went to read the reviews and I even saw somebody mention they weren't going to view it because of Platt

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done with the whole thing. Overall a giant “meh”. Chris Pratt is fine but not really meant for this role. The only character of any interest to me was Ben. And we’ve all seen this story or a variant of it 100 times over the last 30 years, and in most cases done a lot better.

40 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Just got done with the whole thing. Overall a giant “meh”. Chris Pratt is fine but not really meant for this role. The only character of any interest to me was Ben. And we’ve all seen this story or a variant of it 100 times over the last 30 years, and in most cases done a lot better.

You related to a secondary character? I suppose the username tracks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/23/2022 at 2:46 AM, Speedtrucker said:

Lol told y’all…

Anyone who LARPs or follows others for their EDC would have a wet dream come true with this…

That’s why I just decided to be a HK whore early on… so I didn’t have to but into everything else

I noticed that too, but the only thing that gave me wood was his Land Cruiser. 

• Like 3

This was not a good series. The action sequences are decent and there are a lot of them but overall this show was pretty crappy. Pratt wasn't the best choice for the lead role and the story was very predictable.

Ben's explanation at the end.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Loving this show and Pratt's performance. Kitsch too. Didn't recognize Boyer in E6. Gonna have to go back and check that out.

Pratt is incredibly underrated by many people imho. Dude can do a little bit of everything in front of a camera.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, BrickTop said:

Books are pretty good, movie was decent, I like Carr but to say that he’s a brand whore would be an understatement, he claims it’s all just his personal favorite gear but even as a gun guy it’s a little over the top at times, he did make want to buy a Winkler Tomahawk and introduce me to half face blades though.

that's Jack Carr though...i at least feel like it's legit. like i don't think he's taking $$$ from brands to say that brand X is better than brand Y when brand X is shit and brand Y is universally recognized as one of the better ones out there.

Edited by NoName

also, Pratt is who he says he had in mind for Reese from day 1 of writing it. he's been consistent about this for literal years at this point, so even if it's not true its the narrative. Pratt is an EP. Pratt is who helped get it sold.

the show doesn't exist without Pratt.

i am fascinated to see who they cast as Raife

honestly, i like the character of Raife more than Reese.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

also, Pratt is who he says he had in mind for Reese from day 1 of writing it. he's been consistent about this for literal years at this point, so even if it's not true its the narrative. Pratt is an EP. Pratt is who helped get it sold.

the show doesn't exist without Pratt.

i am fascinated to see who they cast as Raife

honestly, i like the character of Raife more than Reese.

What's an EP?

I just ordered the first book yesterday. Should be here Thursday. Looking forward to it. Also, I went back and re-watched Ep. 6 after I finished the season last night. Can't believe I didn't recognize Boyer the first time, though I do remember thinking I'd seen that face before. Thought he did a solid job. Could lead to more roles for him if that's what he wants. 🤘, Nate!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

What's an EP?

I just ordered the first book yesterday. Should be here Thursday. Looking forward to it. Also, I went back and re-watched Ep. 6 after I finished the season last night. Can't believe I didn't recognize Boyer the first time, though I do remember thinking I'd seen that face before. Thought he did a solid job. Could lead to more roles for him if that's what he wants. 🤘, Nate!

books are good. i really enjoyed them

• Hook 'Em 1