The Terminal List

Parliament

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I had to stop watching in the first episode. Pratt’s character was not only leading the ops team, he was making some comment that he had also gathered the intel that led to the operations. Why not have him be the President during the weekdays as well.

but so many of you liked the show, perhaps I should give it another try.

HUMINT

Not unusual for Spec Ops teams to gather their own human intel, run it up the chain of command, and get the go-ahead to act upon it.  They are closest to the action and available to respond.  

There are follow-ups later discussing the legitimacy of the intel in the series.  This is a departure from the book on "why" they are involved with the target.

I liked the series and thought Pratt was good in it.  I thought eh hallucinations and the uncertainty at the beginning about his mental state were pretty well done. Him being able to take on an infinite amount of bad guys wasn't really any worse than any action movie.  I liked that part where he pulled out the killer's intestines in Mexico.  The only part I really didn't like was the ending twist.  For some reason that just bummed me out.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/8/2022 at 12:48 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I liked the series and thought Pratt was good in it.  I thought eh hallucinations and the uncertainty at the beginning about his mental state were pretty well done. Him being able to take on an infinite amount of bad guys wasn't really any worse than any action movie.  I liked that part where he pulled out the killer's intestines in Mexico.  The only part I really didn't like was the ending twist.  For some reason that just bummed me out.

In the book it's 10x more gruesome.  I know that wasn't going to make it in the movie (as written).  Check it out.....;)

*carr talked about it, as written in the book, it was from an old Native American punishment for enemies.  

Edited by BabaYaga

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

If you like Reacher, you'll like the Terminal List.  If you disliked Reacher, you'll dislike the Terminal List.  Both shows are escapism TV for middle-aged men.

Reacher.  Shooter.  Terminal list.  All hallmark movies for men.  Same plot, quite predictable, yet oh so entertaining.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just finished this series.  I liked it but it had its weak spots.  Chris' seal buddy that was by his side the whole time was obviously in on the deal from the get go.  I guess the pilot chick just vanished?  And there is no way you can walk into Warcom with a suicide vest on.  But it was still a good show.

Just finished this series.  I liked it but it had its weak spots.  Chris' seal buddy that was by his side the whole time was obviously in on the deal from the get go.  I guess the pilot chick just vanished?  And there is no way you can walk into Warcom with a suicide vest on.  But it was still a good show.

They comment that his pilot buddy had taken off and was headed north I think.

21 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

I also thought it was weird that she just vanished. That plane was sweet. 

Just a suggestion, you might want to hide your text for spoiler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Finished watching it today.  It was ok, but full of scratch your head moments and pretty predictable.  The memories/hallucinations were effective, but at times just seemed to go on for a bit too long.  And the jiu jitsu in the fight between Reese and Cox was bad.  I wonder who choreographed that shit.

On 7/8/2022 at 11:48 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yeah I hated that scene. Losing Ben like that sucked.

On 7/14/2022 at 8:38 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Finished watching it today.  It was ok, but full of scratch your head moments and pretty predictable.  The memories/hallucinations were effective, but at times just seemed to go on for a bit too long.  And the jiu jitsu in the fight between Reese and Cox was bad.  I wonder who choreographed that shit.

Tell us about the time you went to Brazil with your jiu jitsu team and what the Turkish guy did. 

Series was decent. Entertaining and predictable. Don’t know why Pratt gets so much hate. The “not a good serious actor” comments are just bad opinions. My favorite Pratt roles have been “serious”. 

45 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Tell us about the time you went to Brazil with your jiu jitsu team and what the Turkish guy did. 

Series was decent. Entertaining and predictable. Don’t know why Pratt gets so much hate. The “not a good serious actor” comments are just bad opinions. My favorite Pratt roles have been “serious”. 

Tell us about the time you decided to be an asshole for no reason. Be nice dude. 

• Like 1

Agree on Pratt. He has showed real depth and emotion even in things like GotG. Yeah he’s done some crap action movies as well but who cares.

Also, not liking an actor because of his personal religion and politics is fucking stupid.

8 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Agree on Pratt. He has showed real depth and emotion even in things like GotG. Yeah he’s done some crap action movies as well but who cares.

Also, not liking an actor because of his personal religion and politics is fucking stupid.

I just don't think he shows much personality in his roles unless he has a little goofball to them.  Zero Dark 30 was a great movie and had a ton of awesome acting.  Pratt was a part of that, but he didn't have to carry it.  Love him in GOTG but his character has some goofball to it.  Outside of Zero Dark 30 I don't know what "serious roles" he's had that would be a favorite.  Maybe I am missing a movie that would completely reverse my opinion? 

On 7/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, BHMCruiser said:

The first episode was weak. It improved dramatically after that. It was good.

Had some down time recently, and gave the series another go after not grabbing my attention the first time through Ep 1. Agreed, got much better. Pretty formulaic--could almost hear the showrunners asking, "Hey guys, do you like Memento, Rambo, Punisher, A Few Good Men*, and Shooter? Well, have I got a show for you!!"--but entertained nonetheless.

The ending was dumb; not necessarily because it was predictable (it was), but because they didn't set it up well at all.

Spoiler

So Ben is a spook who chooses to live like a vagabond and only wants to travel around to the next surf break in his sweet jeep, van, or sailboat. He desperately misses the teams. But, upon hearing from his old admiral that all of his former squad mates were poisoned by WARCOM--including his best friend and the father/husband of the closest thing to a family that he has--Ben not only agrees to keep it under wraps, but also takes a payoff to set them up, and let them die with their boots on.

Oh, ok. What were his plans with the $20M that he couldn't already accomplish?

*them trying to build up Coronado like it's Guantanamo for sailors was pretty funny.

2 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I think he is talking about those EDC nerds that wear paracord bracelets and carry two pocketknives, a pistol and at home have an AR with all the tacticool plastic parts so they can have wet dreams of being an ex SEAL turned on GGWAG.

You rang?

22 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Outside of Zero Dark 30 I don't know what "serious roles" he's had that would be a favorite.  Maybe I am missing a movie that would completely reverse my opinion? 

Moneyball

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Fair enough, but I mean your guys favorite roles of him are the ones where he has limited screen time.  That's kind of my point as well.

Huh? You asked for a serious role. Now you're moving the goalpost to fit you. Until GOTG he didn't have many leading roles. That's kind of my point as well.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Huh? You asked for a serious role. Now you're moving the goalpost to fit you. Until GOTG he didn't have many leading roles. That's kind of my point as well.

There are no goalposts.  You guys like Pratt as a serious actor.  I don't.  He's been the lead actor in a handful of movies and half of them suck.

17 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Had some down time recently, and gave the series another go after not grabbing my attention the first time through Ep 1. Agreed, got much better. Pretty formulaic--could almost hear the showrunners asking, "Hey guys, do you like Memento, Rambo, Punisher, A Few Good Men*, and Shooter? Well, have I got a show for you!!"--but entertained nonetheless.

The ending was dumb; not necessarily because it was predictable (it was), but because they didn't set it up well at all.

Reveal hidden contents

So Ben is a spook who chooses to live like a vagabond and only wants to travel around to the next surf break in his sweet jeep, van, or sailboat. He desperately misses the teams. But, upon hearing from his old admiral that all of his former squad mates were poisoned by WARCOM--including his best friend and the father/husband of the closest thing to a family that he has--Ben not only agrees to keep it under wraps, but also takes a payoff to set them up, and let them die with their boots on.

Oh, ok. What were his plans with the $20M that he couldn't already accomplish?

*them trying to build up Coronado like it's Guantanamo for sailors was pretty funny.

Spoiler

You can't really understand Ben without knowing more about the continuing story line. He's really a foil for Raife. Both good friends of Reece's. Both of them were SEALS. Both left the SEALS. Raife left for reasons not yet explained (which are presumptively good, at least from Reece's perspective). But Ben left to join the CIA, where he was corrupted or at least allowed himself to indulge his already existing corruption. And he betrayed Reece. It's just an allegory, plain and simple. He left the brotherhood and was no longer trustworthy and Reece should have known that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1