2022 Roland-Garros

Damn Alcaraz took care of Seb Korda.  I don't know what "it" is, but Alcaraz has it and Korda doesn't.  

Shame Parry couldn't beat Sloane because a one handed backhand for women is just about unheard of these days,

Tomorrow, Kecmanovic v Medvedev should be a good one.

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Amanda showing herself to be mentally weaker than Leyla.

Leyla is too fast for Amanda to win easy points and so Amanda’s game starts to break down. Especially because Amanda isn’t very mobile. 

Amanda has started going for more sidelines. This is helping her combat Leyla’s speed. After losing the first set, Amanda has put the pressure on the Canuck and Leyla’s been dumping tons of shots into the net. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

*Leylah 

Real bad day to be a whitey on the ladies’ side. 

I thought that it was spelled with an “h” on the end, but I was staring at either the Tennis Channel broadcast or the Roland-Garros website and they weren’t using an “h”, so I kept typing her name and then deleting the “h” on the end. 

Weird that an official site/broadcast would have omitted the “h”. My guess is that it was the Tennis Channel broadcast, because their announcers butcher female names when speaking on a regular basis even though you can go to the WTA website and hear a recording of the player pronouncing her own name.

FOLLOW UP ON THE MISSING “h”

Conclusion: I fucked up.

Checked the Roland-Garros site, there’s an “h”.

Checked my recording of the Anisimova v Fernandez match, there’s an “h”.

👓 + 🙂 = 🤓

Álcaraz looking like he’s going to roll the Ruskie, but I don’t believe that the match is on The Tennis Channel. Probably Peacock. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Novak is currently -220 for his QF matchup with Rafa Tuesday morning. 

I feel like Carlitos has a better shot at beating Novak than Rafa does. 

And boy do I not like Novak, but he is an insane tennis player with a sociopathically deadly mindset.

Apparently I posted this on the wrong thread.

51820D0F-6719-47D0-A22A-31791AEAAABE.thumb.jpeg.46427bbf8081002b31ffa12e8d14a2f8.jpeg

Tsitsipas looked off for most of today. I don’t mind at all, but maybe Holger Rune showing him absolutely no respect while nailing him with a volley at the net in one of the first few games despite the Greco-Russian’s being a finalist (who started last year’s final up 2 sets to love) unnerved him a bit.

Throughout the match, and especially late in the 4th set, Tsitsipas showed glimpses of being an absolute monster, but he wasn’t consistent for shit. 

On to the battle of Denmark & its former territory! 🇩🇰 v 🇳🇴 

Medvedev is out too.  Cilic is a huge surprise.  Someone is going to be a token finalist from that bottom of the draw, maybe it's Rune?

I think Djokovic just edges Nadal, then Carlitos schools him like the punk ass bitch he is before winning the final.

• Drool 1

14 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Leylah looked like she needed her fucking foot amputated earlier, now she’s fucking miraculously fine.

This shit is so fucking stupid. 

She’s nowhere close to fine. 

If she were fine, she would have won the 2nd set 6-2. She is constantly hobbling and isn’t able to even reach balls that she would normally easily handle. 

Trevisan’s wailing until the ball is about to be hit by Leylah should always be illegal. 

Edited by Napoleon

4 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Alcaraz just got beat in 4 by Zverev. Pretty big upset. Nadal v Djokovic coming up in 30 minutes or so

The “night session” (never a “session”, always a single match)… 

Starts at 2:00pm CDT

The day session fans have to be flushed, the aisles swept, the night fans admitted, and it’s on at 2pm.

Most did nazi Zverev 🇩🇪 winning today, but even after choking away serving for the match at 5-4 in the 4th set, he came through in the tiebreaker (9-7, I believe).

I have a sinking feeling that Novak is going to announce his presence with authority tonight and for the rest of this tournament. 😣🤢🤮

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

How is the #3 seed beating the #6 seed a pretty big upset?

Because the #6 seed has been the king of clay this season and is #3 in “The Race” (points accumulated this season).

Since February, Álcaraz has been far and away the best player on the tour (in part due to Novax not being able to participate in most events).

C86C814A-E0CC-4444-948D-CF32357B100A.jpeg

• Like 1

Because the #6 seed has been the king of clay this season and is #3 in “The Race” (points accumulated this season).
Since February, Álcaraz has been far and away the best player on the tour (in part due to Novax not being able to participate in most events).

C86C814A-E0CC-4444-948D-CF32357B100A.thumb.jpeg.b19241e8ccad39dd555cb65c22477aa5.jpeg

Yep. Guessing Alcaraz was at least a 2-1 favorite

In other news, Nadal Djokovic is going to last eight hours. Nadal was rolling over him (up a set and 3-0 double break) and then Djokovic figured it out and Nadal came back to earth. One set a piece now and Nadal up a break in the 3rd. Every game is pretty much a battle.

52 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

C86C814A-E0CC-4444-948D-CF32357B100A.jpeg

I get all that, but majors are a different animal, and this is the deepest he's ever gone in one. Just wouldn't call it a big upset.