Austin love triangle murder

HornPhD

i was looking for a thread on this the other day, I think. i think the lede is more the cycling prominence of the victim. and I haven't read/heard about what happened but it sounds like maybe this is just a whole cycling murder? Is cycling just completely fucked up in general, or is it something in the lake?

10 hours ago, HornPhD said:

Police had the suspect in custody, had to let her go on a technicality, and now she’s a fugitive. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/22/us/cyclist-moriah-wilson-shooting-austin.html

Would it kill the NYT to post a picture of you know, the actual wanted murderer, and not just the victim? That might be useful…maybe 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

What's the over/under the alleged murderer has already killed herself? I read somewhere that her plate was picked up on a plate reader that triggered a "flock activation" but not sure if that's very reliable.

Also, she had a Class B Theft of Service warrant from 2018. What were the circumstances of that incident?

The douchebro in all this, the male, he seems like a grifty piece of work as well.

3 hours ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

What's the over/under the alleged murderer has already killed herself? I read somewhere that her plate was picked up on a plate reader that triggered a "flock activation" but not sure if that's very reliable.

How do you do over/under on that?

44 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

She's either dead....   Or she's not.

I mean I guess you could do it on the number of days after she ran.  I am betting she doesn't kill herself.  She hated that gal and doesn't want her to win.  So I would go with at least a year.  You could also do an over/under on number of miles from Austin before arrested.  I'm going to go with 350.   How far can you travel on a bike in West Texas in May before you have to go to a convenience store or fast food joint?

Also, she had a Class B Theft of Service warrant from 2018. What were the circumstances of that incident?
The douchebro in all this, the male, he seems like a grifty piece of work as well.

95% of those cases are people failing to make their payments to Rent-a-Center places.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I mean I guess you could do it on the number of days after she ran.  I am betting she doesn't kill herself.  She hated that gal and doesn't want her to win.  So I would go with at least a year.  You could also do an over/under on number of miles from Austin before arrested.  I'm going to go with 350.   How far can you travel on a bike in West Texas in May before you have to go to a convenience store or fast food joint?

Seeing as how her murder plan consisted of immediately telling someone she was going to get a gun and kill that poor girl and that she showed up to the house a minute after the dude dropped her off, cameras be damned… I guessing she wouldn’t be too hard to track down. She can’t use cards, banks, etc… probably has the kind of nest egg in cash you’d expect a yoga instructor dating a semi-pro gravel bike racer to have.  I bet they’d have caught her by now if she was still running.  At some point the crazy subsided just enough to have a “what have i done?” moment.  

I read in one of the initial stories that text messages on Mo’s phone made it pretty clear that she was also being misled and was unaware he had gotten back together with Crazy Red.   That’s a lot to live with, knowing you killed a girl that didn’t even know she was betraying you.  

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

I don’t have a sub, so could you tell me what the technicality was?

“The day after Ms. Wilson was found dead, the police took Ms. Armstrong into custody on an unspecified misdemeanor warrant but were then informed that the warrant was not valid and told Ms. Armstrong she could leave if she wanted to, the affidavit said.”

6 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

The alleged killer has a warrant out for Class B Theft of Service out of Montgomery County.

Let's not forget Dude that thieving services, um......um, ya know domestic.....within the county.....that ain't legal either.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scottsins said:

I don’t have a sub, so could you tell me what the technicality was?

The day after Ms. Wilson was found dead, the police took Ms. Armstrong into custody on an unspecified misdemeanor warrant but were then informed that the warrant was not valid and told Ms. Armstrong she could leave if she wanted to, the affidavit said.

The Austin police did not immediately respond to messages seeking further comment. Mr. Strickland and his sponsor, Red Bull, did not respond to email requests for comment. Ms. Armstrong could not be reached.

That's all there is.