Austin love triangle murder

HornPhD

5 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

That defense attorney was pretty confident once evidence is presented, it will prove her innocence. They’re currently under a gag order so they couldn’t comment but I think it’s pretty clear she offed that bitch.

That is how I felt at first but it seems like the detectives exaggerated the ballistics and fudged some of the details about who was seen in the area. That could be important, especially if the male biker is caught lying. He had all the same access to the same guns, same cars, and even more trust from the victim.

• 7 months later...

Since Psycho Yoga Murderer’s Defense team is going to likely blame her cheating ex boyfriend for the murder—I hope the prosecution will lay out a solid case. She’s a nutter that belongs in a fatal attraction type Lifetime movie of the week. Reminds me of the astronaut that drove all the way from Texas to Florida wearing adult diapers to try and kidnap her rival in an airport parking garage. I hope the trial is televised in June. 

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

AUSTIN (KXAN) – Kaitlin Armstrong, the woman accused of killing professional cyclist Moriah “Mo” Wilson, attempted to escape the custody of Travis County Sheriff’s deputies on Wednesday morning, sources first confirmed for KXAN.

Armstrong is now back in custody, according to a sheriff’s office spokesperson.  

KXAN is working to confirm details about how and where she became separated from authorities.

Armstrong’s trial was set to begin October 30 in Austin, where she faces a first-degree murder charge.

According to police, Wilson was shot and killed at a home in east Austin in May 2022. Police questioned Armstrong at the time but did not arrest her. When a warrant was issued for her arrest days later, it was discovered Armstrong had fled the country.

After more than a month on the run, in June 2022, Armstrong was re-apprehended at a Costa Rica hotel and brought back to Texas.

Additionally, she now faces federal charges for misusing a passport.  

This is a developing story, and KXAN will update when more details become available.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:16 PM, CooterBrown said:

If it wasn’t on the watch list before it went through a US airport, it wouldn’t get flagged. They don’t keep track of passports, just passports that match a watch list are flagged. It’s why fake passports are still good business.

Exactly, It needs to be switched to a verified passport model instead of an exception model.

WTF? Escaped a bit today? Did her nutty ass family help? She’s a runner. If ever there was a “denied bond” candidate she’d be it. The LifeTime movie about her psycho yoga ass will be off the chain. I see LifeTime has one this Saturday on the Murdaugh murders with Bill Pullman playing Murdaugh. Awesomeness! Complete with creepy southern accent. Will DVR! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1

“KVUE confirmed that Armstrong ran away from deputies while leaving a doctor's appointment at St. David's South Austin Medical Center on Ben White Boulevard, shortly after 8 a.m. Wednesday.

A spokesperson with the Travis County Sheriff's Office said that deputies were able to recapture Armstrong about a block away from where she escaped and she remained within the deputies' eyesight at all times.

On 9/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, DaggerHorns said:

That defense attorney was pretty confident once evidence is presented, it will prove her innocence. They’re currently under a gag order so they couldn’t comment but I think it’s pretty clear she offed that bitch.

Wow that's a first! They're usually very pessimistic about their cases,  especially when they're getting TV time

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, hornian said:

Since I don’t  handle criminal law, I referred the client to another shaggy lawyer who got the case entirely dismissed - the underlying case and the escaping from jail case. So if it ever happens to you, I do have a good referral! 

Does this lawyer handle mopery charges? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

On 10/11/2023 at 12:46 PM, Nicole44 said:

WTF? Escaped a bit today? Did her nutty ass family help? She’s a runner. If ever there was a “denied bond” candidate she’d be it. The LifeTime movie about her psycho yoga ass will be off the chain. I see LifeTime has one this Saturday on the Murdaugh murders with Bill Pullman playing Murdaugh. Awesomeness! Complete with creepy southern accent. Will DVR! 

Just a little bit of escape. As a treat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, hornian said:

I did have a divorce client once who was in jail (minimum security) for a pretrial treatment program and escaped. Straight up walked out, got in a cab, went to the airport, and caught a flight out of state. Since I don’t  handle criminal law, I referred the client to another shaggy lawyer who got the case entirely dismissed - the underlying case and the escaping from jail case. So if it ever happens to you, I do have a good referral! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

So when is this trial supposed to start? I've had my popcorn ready for months and months.

October 30th. It will be televised on Court Tv. Should be entertaining. I think she’s a liability to her own defense at this point. Probably will go all batshit sitting at the defense table. Not sure there’s much they can do but try to point the finger at her ex-boyfriend. I get why inmates make a run for it. I do. But doing it right before her trial? Now has other charges based on that. She’s a nut. As nutty as that astronaut chick. Only difference is astronaut was thwarted by her intended victim mid-attack and never had to face murder charges. I think the astronaut lives in Corpus still. 

I see some similarities with yoga nut’s new face and the astro-nut’s face: 

IMG_7611.jpeg

IMG_7613.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

October 30th. It will be televised on Court Tv. Should be entertaining. I think she’s a liability to her own defense at this point. Probably will go all batshit sitting at the defense table. Not sure there’s much they can do but try to point the finger at her ex-boyfriend. I get why inmates make a run for it. I do. But doing it right before her trial? Now has other charges based on that. She’s a nut. As nutty as that astronaut chick. Only difference is astronaut was thwarted by her intended victim mid-attack and never had to face murder charges. I think the astronaut lives in Corpus still. 

I see some similarities with yoga nut’s new face and the astro-nut’s face: 

IMG_7611.jpeg

IMG_7613.jpeg

Adult diapers ftw

• Haha 2

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/new-vigorous-exercise-thermal-pants-part-of-armstrongs-escape-plan-court-records-reveal/

Looks like yoga nut carefully planned this. Had on thermal stuff under her jail uniform…made some request about not being restrained, etc… she’s a trip. Interesting read. Wonder what her nutty ass will do during trial. Have to think her defense attorneys are frustrated 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/13/2023 at 8:23 PM, Nicole44 said:

https://www.kxan.com/investigations/new-vigorous-exercise-thermal-pants-part-of-armstrongs-escape-plan-court-records-reveal/

Looks like yoga nut carefully planned this. Had on thermal stuff under her jail uniform…made some request about not being restrained, etc… she’s a trip. Interesting read. Wonder what her nutty ass will do during trial. Have to think her defense attorneys are frustrated 

That was some Jason Bourne shit. Not a good look for her

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

I’m confused. Are they just selling an estimated timeline of events? I’m not familiar with how this site works.

No idea. Didn’t download it/won’t pay. It was something another reporter referred to as the timeline of the events. I think the defense still tries to pin it on Colin and will try to convince the jury she fled out of fear from him. 

I bet the timeline the prosecution presents is better. 

guess we will know more what the state has tomorrow in their opening statement. Same for what the defense is planning. We will get to see that tomorrow I guess but then no more cameras until closing arguments. Curious to see how they will have Kaitlin dressed and if she will be in leg shackles.